Gilmore Girls is officially coming back!

(76 Posts)
mrsleomcgary Sat 30-Jan-16 22:22:43

Netflix confirmed today there will be 4 new 90 minute episodes and they will be streaming the whole original series as well. All due in 2016

I'm late to the GG party having only started watching it on 5* since being on maternity leave in December,just saw Rory graduate, but i'm ridiculously excited about new episodes!

Ohwoolballs Sat 30-Jan-16 22:32:49

And I'll be on Mat leave! BEST NEWS EVER! I'm already seeing myself bfing the days away with my sleepy son on my bewb and Paul Anka running on the telly. Thanks for letting us know!

I am literally going to wet myself with excitement! I cannot wait!

pookamoo Sat 30-Jan-16 22:37:49

UK netflix?

BankWadger Sun 31-Jan-16 10:11:53

grin

I was only a couple of years older than Rory when I first started watching. I'm now the same age as Loralie on this weeks 5* episodes. I imagine I'll still watch it when I'm Emily's age blush

Whatdoidohelp Sun 31-Jan-16 10:19:40

OMG this excites me very much. I love that show even dh got into it blush

mrsleomcgary Sun 31-Jan-16 10:31:56

yes,uk netflix. The new episodes are being made by them so will be released worldwide.

mrsleomcgary Sun 31-Jan-16 10:37:43

Confired as returning so far are Rory, Lorelai, Luke, Emily, Lane and (possibly most exciting of all) Kirk.

Nothing yet on Jess and Sookie but Milo Ventimiglia has said before he would be interested in taking part in any new episodes so fingers crossed.

ifgrandmahadawilly Sun 31-Jan-16 10:40:51

I can't wait. I wish they would bring back Bunheads also (another Amy Sherman Palladino series).

CaptainHammer Sun 31-Jan-16 10:46:22

I'm so excited for this!!

I'm sad they didn't make it before Edward Herrmann died, I liked Richard!

AndYourBirdCanSing Sun 31-Jan-16 10:49:59

I loved Richard too.

I am SO excited about this! Have they just said some time this year?

pookamoo Mon 01-Feb-16 21:17:53

I am confused by this as Gilmore Girls isn't on UK Netflix at all. Will they be showing all the previous seasons too?

I will be v happy if so as I only saw the first season about a year ago for the first time!

So excited about this. I have the box set and binge watch it whenever DH is away (or working late, or DD is napping...)

CaptainHammer Tue 02-Feb-16 14:47:07

Pookamoo I think I read they are going to add them all to Netflix before the new ones are released!

pookamoo Tue 02-Feb-16 20:01:23

yessssssssssssssssss! <punches air> <saddo> grin

EachandEveryone Thu 04-Feb-16 00:10:23

I wish UK Netflix would show Parenthood.

Headmelt Thu 04-Feb-16 00:18:04

Ooh! I was excited last week to discover the GG series on Netflix, hope the new ones are as good <claps hands gleefully>

Twoseventhsaweasley Thu 04-Feb-16 08:36:50

I don't have Netflix. I love GG. I started watching it about 7 years ago when it was on E4.

notquitehuman Sat 06-Feb-16 18:27:00

I also wish Bunheads would come back too. Really lovely show to watch, and they never even got a finale.

I'm so excited for more GG. I've been reading all the gossip. Was disappointed to see that Melissa Mccarthy hasn't been asked back though. How can you do the show without Sookie?

If the show opens with Richard's funeral then I will need serious tissues. I'm planning to take a day off and binge watch so i'll get stocked up.

hownottofuckup Sat 06-Feb-16 18:30:37

Ooh I first watched this during my first ML 7 years ago! Absolutely loved it, and now I'm on ML again grin yaaaay!!

mrsleomcgary Sun 07-Feb-16 18:02:57

Michel is back

www.digitalspy.com/tv/gilmore-girls/news/a782633/michel-lives-the-first-on-set-picture-from-the-gilmore-girls-revival-is-here-and-oh-so-joyous/

notquitehuman Sun 07-Feb-16 18:29:00

Michel! smile His interview on the Gilmore Guys podcast was really funny. He actually has quite a deep voice and Canadian accent.

Lauren Graham looks ridiculously gorgeous in that photo.

Flossiesmummy Sun 07-Feb-16 18:44:53

This is the best news ever! Let's hope it coincides nicely with my mat leave.

Howaboutthisone Thu 11-Feb-16 21:34:35

Such amazing news! I love this show. It's one of those that I really want to watch with my daughter when she's older- she's currently only 2 but I can't wait to share them with her. Sad I know!

TheTravellingLemon Fri 12-Feb-16 03:29:51

All rory's exes are back and so is Chris. Could explode with excitement. I also discovered Gilmore Girls on maternity leave. It's so nice to watch when you're sleep deprived grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now