Anyone tried 'Walter presents' yet?

(12 Posts)
Destinysdaughter Thu 28-Jan-16 19:13:41

It looks v exciting ( lots of free box sets of world drama online). Deutschland 83, which is currently on C4 ( and is excellent ) is one of them. I've not watching any yet, but definitely plan to do so! Just wondered if anyone has tried it out yet!

Davros Thu 28-Jan-16 19:44:02

I've got virgin TiVo, how do I get it? The All4 doesn't seem to have much to offer but I'm sure it's all there somewhere!

Gwenhwyfar Thu 28-Jan-16 22:57:17

Have watched an episode of Deutschland 83 and a few episodes of Spin (French political drama).

gingercat12 Fri 29-Jan-16 13:30:13

Similarly to Gwenhwyfar we are watching (and thoroughly enjoying) Spin and Deutschland '83. Just bought cables so we can watch Match Day on the telly.

midsomermurderess Fri 29-Jan-16 15:08:13

I'm watching and enjoying Spin especially with the dreamy Gregory Fitousi (Pierre from Spiral).

gingercat12 Fri 29-Jan-16 20:41:05

He is not so dreamy in this one grin

Gwenhwyfar Fri 29-Jan-16 21:10:43

It's quite confusing because everyone thinks of Fitousi as Pierre, but Pierre in the Spin is the late president.

I'm also watching Byw Celwydd, which is the Welsh version of Borgen. I think it's even better than Spin, but maybe it's just that I 'get' the politics a bit more, being Welsh. It's about closure of hospitals etc. rather than state security.
www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p03cnv9c/byw-celwydd-pennod-1

gingercat12 Sat 30-Jan-16 19:24:38

That sounds fab [and I sound sad I know]. I shall look that up Gwen. We love Hinterland as well.

Stuffofawesome Sat 30-Jan-16 19:26:41

Watched and enjoyed kabul kitchen. Watched some of 10 and watching Deutschland on 4 on Sundays. I'm liking it though wish my smart telly had all 4 inbuilt

Gwenhwyfar Sat 30-Jan-16 21:08:48

It's on S4C gingercat, also on S4C's website and on the BBC iplayer, but not on the actual BBC channel.

CoffeeAndOranges Sat 30-Jan-16 22:05:22

I've started watching Mammon which is a Scandinavian (Norwegian) thriller that I'm already confused by. I just love listening to the language though.

gingercat12 Sun 31-Jan-16 11:07:03

Thank you Gwen. That is how we watched Hinterland.

Spin did not record due to Sky box failure. I am going to cry. Even DH agreed to watch it online, as he is too drawn into it now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now