First Dates 2016

(19 Posts)
Yseulte Sat 23-Jan-16 15:03:40

Anyone watching?

Loved last week.

This week was a bit squirmifying shock

OhShutUpThomas Sat 23-Jan-16 15:11:43

Just watched it.

That fetish couple! I bet their parents were mortified.

Yseulte Sat 23-Jan-16 15:19:17

I think Bertie would have been mortified if he hadn't been drunk.

Lube girl was trying wayy too hard. Stop!

I felt really bad for blonde lady with Gus, she was lovely.

HooseRice Sat 23-Jan-16 15:33:23

I recorded it last night and have just switched it on now.

ImperialBlether Tue 26-Jan-16 22:26:35

I watched this - couldn't believe lubegirl saying that everyone went to boarding school. Have to say he looked very odd to me - something about the way he was looking at her was really horrible.

Yseulte Tue 26-Jan-16 22:35:19

They were both odd.

She's the girl with no friends who turned slutty to get popular. Her persona felt quite forced.

ImperialBlether Tue 26-Jan-16 23:11:07

They had no interest in getting to know each other whatsoever. They went back to his house before going on to a fetish club. She didn't want to talk about anything but sex - surely she didn't have to go on that programme to find someone who'd have sex with her?

Hissy Tue 26-Jan-16 23:17:50

Gus blew it big time, and was clueless! That poor girl, she was so hurtsad

I have sent my appcation in btw...

ImperialBlether Tue 26-Jan-16 23:30:01

Let us know when you're on, Hissy! grin

Yes, she was really hurt. It's hard to watch the rejections, isn't it? I didn't think he was right for her, though.

Twinklestein Wed 27-Jan-16 15:46:58

What was with the gay guy who didn't do high heels because they weren't 'normal'?

If he prefers straight-acting gay men with flat shoes there are more polite ways of saying so.

And why dis camp gay men while wearing a sequin jacket? confused

desperatehousewife21 Wed 27-Jan-16 17:07:27

Came on here to say about lube girl. She seemed v drunk by the end when they were outside.
She did sound really forced too and he looked like he didn't know what to do with himself so just drank and went along with what she said.

ImperialBlether Wed 27-Jan-16 23:06:32

Twinklestein, he said he fancied butch men. I don't think nearly enough research is done before setting them up. The worst was the guy who wanted to have his own children - they fixed him up with a woman who didn't want any more children.

I think lubegirl had decided she was going to be very shocking ("Are you watching, mum?" I could see her thinking.) She's mixed up in all sorts of ways, I think.

Rollergirl1 Thu 28-Jan-16 07:02:09

Imperial: I think they pair incompatible people on purpose sometimes. It would probably make quite boring TV if everyone got on all of the time.

Cherrypie32 Thu 28-Jan-16 13:14:51

Poor Gus's date, God I felt sooo awful for her. I think it was the bit when he said 'I didn't get a wow when I walked in' sad but she did have a bit of a chip on her shoulder about her age, as if 42 was ancient. She is an extremely attractive woman who I'm hope will find some one soon.

Cherrypie32 Thu 28-Jan-16 13:16:07

Lubegirl, well she'll never get past men just wanting to shag her. Funnily enough I don't expect they'll want to introduce her to their mothers or have their babies.

Meeep Thu 28-Jan-16 20:50:51

I didn't enjoy it so much this week.

Lube girl was weird and troubled. I felt sorry for her. Couldn't someone at least tell her her blusher was freakishly orange?
I felt sorry for high heels man and his date, I thought those two were getting on really well before his reveal, it was a shame. Then I felt sorry for blonde woman, she was v attractive though, weird for her date to pick that out as her flaw!

I like it when they all get on!

Trills Thu 28-Jan-16 20:55:54

I felt sorry for the girl in the fetish outfit.

She said that she didn't have many friends at school.

She seemed to be acting out a persona of a rebellious person, rather than necessarily doing things that she actually enjoyed.

Trills Thu 28-Jan-16 20:57:17

There's a big First Dates thread here by the way

Yseulte Thu 28-Jan-16 22:10:09

Ah thanks, I searched for one but couldn't find it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now