Jericho

(18 Posts)
snowypenguin Thu 07-Jan-16 21:27:48

Anyone watching?

Cheeseoncrumpets Thu 07-Jan-16 21:50:48

Me.

Bit odd isn't it? Not shit by any means, but would a shanty town on the Yorkshire Moors really be so much like Wild West?

FlopIsMyChristmasGuru Thu 07-Jan-16 21:53:04

Watching with interest

OldPodge Thu 07-Jan-16 22:13:07

I was watching but gave up. Heard a thing about it on the radio earlier today and it sounded interesting, but it is too much like the wild west isn't it....and they all look too clean to be living in huts and washing in a Yorkshire stream. Yorkshire streams are bleedin' cold in my experience!

Cheeseoncrumpets Thu 07-Jan-16 22:13:56

So Jessica Raine and this navvy bloke are obviously going to shag then?

NadiaWadia Fri 08-Jan-16 03:15:20

I feel a bit bitchy saying this, but why does Jessica Raine get given so many parts? Her acting is wooden, her face hardly moves.

snowypenguin Fri 08-Jan-16 10:44:09

I quite enjoyed it. I liked the banter between Prince and Skinny but then the accident happened so that won't continue!

snowypenguin Fri 08-Jan-16 10:44:37

And it reminds me of little house on the prairie!

RedMapleLeaf Fri 08-Jan-16 15:32:39

I liked it. It was like a cross between Deadwood and a Catherine Cookson.

TheSecondOfHerName Fri 08-Jan-16 20:55:05

I clicked on this because I thought you were talking about the post-apocalyptic TV series made 10 years ago.

Iwanttokillthem Fri 08-Jan-16 21:06:28

I put this on because DH is interested in anything connected with trains. I thought the building of a viaduct would be informative .

We were a good way through when he turned to me with a puzzled expression and asked " What part of America is this set in".

Everyone is much to well dressed for the situation and there appears to be a huge amount of washing going on in streams. As a PP said those Yorkshire streams are bloody cold. And whoever built those sheds should be congratulated. Most other navvy type workforces made do with shanty/lean to buildings al la calcutta slums.

I doubt we will be back for the second episode.

boopsy Sun 10-Jan-16 23:01:31

I enjoyed it but kept expecting to see Dr Quinn!! Even the music was similar.

gingerboy1912 Tue 12-Jan-16 10:18:34

I'm not impressed with it, Jessica Raines facial expression is the same in every part she plays, agree with others they were too well dressed and why are they all living in sheds from B&Q?? Don't think I shall carry on watching tbh

nipersvest Tue 12-Jan-16 13:20:47

watched on catch up last night, not sure what to make of it, not keen on jessica raine as an actress.

nipersvest Tue 12-Jan-16 13:24:12

looks like it is more factual than it looked, there were indeed shanty towns to house construction workers.

ppeatfruit Tue 12-Jan-16 13:58:53

So would anyone recommend it? I thought it was the Call The Midwife first main nurse. I heard an interview about it and she's supposed to be a rich woman who 'drops out' ?

nipersvest Tue 12-Jan-16 20:58:13

i think she's playing a well off women who was widowed and fallen on hard times as her husband had left her with debts.

it's ok, will be watching episode 2.

ppeatfruit Tue 12-Jan-16 21:37:18

Thanks grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now