Master chef America

(20 Posts)
Davros Mon 04-Jan-16 19:04:45

Anyone else watching? I wish they'd got someone other than Gordon Ramsey, they love him. Boring and predictable choice

ellenanora5 Mon 04-Jan-16 20:16:41

I was going to watch Davros but I can't stand Gordon Ramsey, I also gave up half way through Australia masterchef, it was very tedious I thought, the same people being highlighted every show and winning every challenge, and I never saw so much crying on tv as I did on that smile

LIZS Mon 04-Jan-16 20:22:45

Don't have the stamina for weeks of GR. Are there really no iconic US chefs?hmm

Davros Mon 04-Jan-16 20:23:59

You would think so and we could be introduced to someone new. It only watched half so far, shit cooking and brutal judges, quite enjoying it!!

I'm loving it! Can't believe they don't even get to keep the aprons! grin can't stand Gordon Ramsey though...he honestly thinks he's the Simon Cowell of the chef world

Emochild Wed 06-Jan-16 23:14:33

I wasn't going to watch because I can't stand GR

But.....

The pull of master chef was just too strong!

munkisocks Wed 06-Jan-16 23:20:07

I like GR! Must just be me haha. Don't like that other judge, Joe bastianich. Why does he just taste and walk away after giving them a death stare? Was laughing at GR saying to them after first round "take what you've learned and put it to good use". They've only learned to cut up a chuffing onion!

Davros Thu 07-Jan-16 00:03:44

I like GR but us like to see someone different. The death stare is common in MC Aus and NZ. Tonight's was brutal

Buscake Thu 07-Jan-16 13:02:15

Just catching up on last nights now. Realised that this is actually pretty old, GR told that woman her plating was old fashioned "this is 2010"

Davros Thu 07-Jan-16 17:57:05

I noticed that, very disappointing

winkywinkybumbum Sat 09-Jan-16 22:22:15

Didn't watch the episode but did he not mean the plating was 2010?

winkywinkybumbum Sat 09-Jan-16 22:22:58

Nope, you are right. That's shit.

Davros Wed 13-Jan-16 20:47:53

Anyone else watching tonight? Am I the only one shocked that they put the live crabs straight into boiling water? shock

munkisocks Wed 13-Jan-16 21:41:42

No I'm shocked too but not as shocked as watching Slim butcher hers ALIVE!

Davros Wed 13-Jan-16 21:49:51

Yes, that was horrific. No mention at all of treating them humanely except by Shetaal (?) and she was seen as a freak!

Davros Thu 21-Jan-16 18:57:39

Has anyone else kept up with it? What a fucking joke, the food was so naff and they didn't seem to have learned ANYTHING! The winner was a fix!!! Grrrr

Buscake Mon 25-Jan-16 07:59:26

I'm still watching but can't say I'm actually enjoying it! Just starting the season 1 finale - cook an apple pie and a chop? It all looks very amateur, and I agree they haven't learnt anything. In the Australian and UK versions they do significantly improve as it goes along, but these ones? It's a joke really. Worth continuing with season 2? Or did you give up??

NathalieM Mon 25-Jan-16 14:35:19

UK versions is far superior, but I personally love Gordon Ramsay! Wish he'd be on the English version alongside good old Gregg!

Davros Mon 25-Jan-16 18:55:37

I have kept going with the second series as the judges (especially at the beginning) are brilliant. That was my beef with the first series, no-one learnt anything or progressed

Davros Fri 12-Feb-16 21:06:51

Anyone else still watching? I LOVE Ben Star!!....,,,,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now