Any Criminal Minds fans?

(22 Posts)
Cheesymonster Tue 24-Nov-15 16:30:26

Watching the latest series now. Does anyone think it's not as good as it was? Still loving Derek Morgan though smile

NewBallsPlease00 Fri 04-Dec-15 06:02:55

Hah me, on maternity leave and working myself through seies on sky... Correctly up to 5
Compulsive yet rubbish!

I'm a fan. I still watch it even though it has completely gone down the pan. It used to have me on the edge of my seat, heart thumping. Now it's formulaic, some of the characters are pointless, and there's not enough delving into dark minds to catch the unsub, and too much- give Garcia dome details, get name and address of suspect from her, go in and catch the baddy.

My favourite characters are Hotch, Gideon, and Reid (who was so geeky hot in the earlier seasons).

Is there any way the show could return to it's previous quality, what do you think they would need to change? I think they need to chop a few characters, or at least give them more distinct personalities, fortes, and roles in the profiling and catching. They also need to stop with the plots where Garcia provides the name and address, just in time for the unsub to be caught before offing their latest victim.

If you're a fan of this show, what else do you recommend I try?

PeppermintInfusion Sat 26-Dec-15 21:36:10

I miss the Gideon era, re watching a few recently and forgot how it used to be, much more about getting inside the mind of the serial killer and the techniques they use, now it's more about the action. I loved Frank the serial killer and his taunting of Gideon. Last series with Jennifer Love Hewitt was a low but it has picked up again this series.

PeppermintInfusion Sat 26-Dec-15 21:39:57

Decaf, have you watched Lie To Me? Similar kind of psychological figuring out of people but not about serial killers. Luther?
Also I like the case solving aspect of Bones and Cold Case.

notapizzaeater Sat 26-Dec-15 21:43:14

I'm a fan too, stopped watching CSI as it became so predictable.

WickedGirl Sat 26-Dec-15 21:44:05

Lie to me was fantastic, it's a shame it had so few series

Theo key reason I'm still watching criminal minds is for shemar Moore. The story lines have lost the "heart in throat" type of scenarios

LaurieFairyCake Sat 26-Dec-15 21:44:38

I could eat Rossi, he's so sexy

PeppermintInfusion Sat 26-Dec-15 21:51:05

Oh Laurie, it feels so wrong but so... blush
He pulls off the serial-groom lothario very well too!

RJnomore1 Sat 26-Dec-15 21:52:56

I love it. It is admittedly a bit off the boil right now.

notapizzaeater Sat 26-Dec-15 21:56:26

I loved Gideon too, have you ever heard him sing, he's fab :-) (I started watching cm because of Gideon - he was in Chicago hope which I loved too)

Ememem84 Sat 26-Dec-15 22:08:43

I love criminal minds. Dh got rid of sky earlier this year but we have recently got now tv. So I think I have about a series and a half to catch up on. Yay!!

ElviraCondomine Sun 27-Dec-15 18:57:22

It's one of my favourite shows. The leads are consistently excellent, even when the scripts are repetitive and derivative. It's lacking a 3rd permanent female lead though which unbalances it slightly - I still miss Prentiss, and liked Blake and was sad that Jeanne Tripplehorne only did 2 series.

Mandy Patinkin left because he had concerns about the depiction of violence, I think. I see his point. I prefer the episodes (sadly very rare) where you don't see any of the crimes, just the aftermath and the unravelling by the BAU. The episode where it was made clear that Gideon was never returning was very sad especially for the lovely Dr Reid.

I also love Lie to Me, and quite enjoyed Crossing Lines.

Llove llie to me

Can't get into crossing llines

Bones is too silly

I don't like Luther, can't quite explain why.

Any other recommendations, I also loved House if that helps bring anything to mind.

SmaDizietSma Thu 31-Dec-15 10:16:32

Isn't Mandy on Homeland? If so his comments about violence don't really make sense.

Cheesymonster Thu 31-Dec-15 20:12:49

I really like the new lady - can't remember the character's name but the actress was in Friends.

I absolutely loved Stalker, has anyone seen that?

Cheesymonster Thu 31-Dec-15 20:14:19

Oh and I am liking the new plot line with Garcia in peril. Hopefully Morgan will save the day and take his top off

PersonalClown Thu 31-Dec-15 20:20:03

I love Criminal Minds. I can't decide if it's Reid or MGG I love. Both so adorkably quirky.

exWifebeginsat40 Thu 31-Dec-15 20:33:17

i love it, but Garcia and her Incredible Cross-Referencing Database drives me mad.

Reid is my favourite, as i am essentially Reid without the mad chess skills.

lavenderhoney Thu 31-Dec-15 22:19:41

I had a crush on Reid, and enjoyed it, then it got too much about the violence so I don't watch it now.

I liked house, lie to me and numbers, and there used to be a show called missing without trace or something?

Busybuzzybumblebee Sat 02-Jan-16 15:51:21

I had a rather good dream about hotch the other day grin

It has lost some of its appeal, but samey now and they need a decent replacement for prentice (sp?) go back to the profiling and much less Garcia

SevenOfNineTrue Sat 09-Jan-16 18:23:32

I love it! One of my favourite TV shows. I've just finished the latest series on DVD.

I miss Emily though. No offence to Jennifer Love Hewitt who I think is great, I just miss Prentiss!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now