Jessica Jones - bit good innit!

(30 Posts)
LumpySpacedPrincess Sat 21-Nov-15 10:36:15

I've watched the first 3 episodes and I. Am. Hooked!

David Tennant is so sinister and he has barely had any screen time yet.

Anyone else watching?

Movingonmymind Sat 21-Nov-15 19:17:15

Disappointed. Formulaic. She's way too young to be believable. Yawn. Why are there SO few decent female- led dramas? Should clone The Good Wife!

LumpySpacedPrincess Sat 21-Nov-15 19:57:58

We must be watching a different show Moving, each to their own.

It's getting some great reviews.

Movingonmymind Sat 21-Nov-15 20:01:41

Yes i saw the review. Which is why am disappointed.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 21-Nov-15 21:45:18

DH is watching on Netflicks, he tends to 'binge watch' series.
He likes it but I reckon there's more interest for him regarding the sassy female character wink

strawberrypenguin Sat 21-Nov-15 21:49:56

Just watched the first episode - very good so far!

Bea Sun 22-Nov-15 08:50:23

It's really good but so so so bleak!! Watched two episodes so far! Can't binge watch! I need a break!
DT is a horrible villain! (yes! And he hasn't even turned up properly yet!!)
I loved daredevil! That was gritty and dark but not soooo bleak! And I binged on that couldn't wait for the next ep! Prefer that!
But yes! JJ is good! But needs a little light! It's a little too grim!

LumpySpacedPrincess Sun 22-Nov-15 11:17:00

He's horrible isn't he, so menacing. I'm still on episode 3, just waiting for dh to catch up.

ZenNudist Sun 22-Nov-15 22:42:47

Just onto episode 2. It's a bit dark. I'm going to stick it hot but seems a bit too tense and grim. I find the killgrave stuff really disturbing.

Porcupinepantaloons Tue 24-Nov-15 17:32:40

I'm loving it! And I don't think she's too young - the actress is mid 30s like me.
And if I'd lost my parents and gained super powers in an accident and then been mind controlled by super mega creepy DT then id be as messed up as her!

LumpySpacedPrincess Tue 24-Nov-15 17:48:54

I think she is great in the role, really believable.

HotterWok Tue 24-Nov-15 22:30:52

I've had three different people say that I look like David Tennant and I was really proud of it until I've seen him play a baddie on Jessica Jones, he's genuinely scary

Ughnotagain Tue 24-Nov-15 22:35:41

I really like it. DH doesn't. I've only seen 2 episodes so far tho!

MsBrigit Wed 25-Nov-15 12:22:44

Absolutely LOVING it. I love her. Been dreaming about it. Obsessed! (In a good way.) grin

MovemberSucks Wed 25-Nov-15 12:35:52

Is it on TV or just Netflix? I like dark and creepy shows.

MsBrigit Wed 25-Nov-15 12:52:47

It's exclusive to Netflix, but you get a free month subscription and it's only 13 50-minute episodes so you could watch it for free ...

ItMustBeBedtimeSurely Wed 25-Nov-15 12:58:39

Why is she too young? She's early thirties isn't she?

SerenityReynolds Wed 25-Nov-15 18:23:53

We're 3 episodes in and really enjoying it. The lead actress is great and I like how they're kind of drip feeding what she can do and how. David Tennant's character is really chilling! DH is very into all things comic-book but I actually knew almost next to nothing about Jessica Jones. Luke Cage is going to have his own series on Netflix next year (fans self), and then they're doing "The Defenders" series which will be Luke, Jessica and Daredevil (plus another superhero Iron Fist). I think at least Daredevil has also been confirmed in the next Avengers film too.

Marvel are doing quite a cracking job of creating their universe with continuity across lots of media (certainly much better than DC).

SawdustInMyHair Sun 29-Nov-15 20:36:05

I'm on the 6th episode of a second watch grin

So, so good. I love the way it deals with violence/control against women without making it look sexy as TV often does.

Tennant is brilliant at being this volatile, controlling man who's trying to come off cool and sophisticated. Even gets some classic #notallmen stuff in there (he's always telling women to smile). All the characters are complex and interesting, including the women.

I loved the Daredevil series too, but I didn't sit and rewatch that immediately after finishing it!

BeyondThirty Wed 02-Dec-15 12:29:07

Watched the whole thing last weekend, i bloody loved it. Wont say much though, dont want to inadvertently post spoilers!! grin

Porcupinepantaloons Thu 03-Dec-15 15:16:56

Finished it last night. It was fantastic! grin

Was rather brutal/ grim at times but excellent! Can't wait for the next thjng from marvel! (Think it's Agebt Carter in Jan)

HotterWok Fri 04-Dec-15 17:41:10

Could you watch the death by one thousand cuts without wincing?

FlameProofBoots Fri 04-Dec-15 17:44:27

I loved it! So good to see a show where the women go about their business wearing appropriate clothes and shoes while the men are mainly eye candy (or baddies). I've let 13yo ds1 watch it as well because I think it's so well done.

Loved the fact Jeri Hogarth was a man in the comics and they've written her exactly the same. Really good stuff for women imo.

JarethTheGoblinKing Fri 04-Dec-15 17:45:19

I was surprised by it, found it very sinister and thought Tennant was excellent. Compelling TV wink

OneofTHOSEWomen Fri 04-Dec-15 21:01:08

She could really do with a 🍔🍟🌭🍕🍰🍫🍪

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now