Corrie thread - we haven't even got a dog storyline to keep us going now

(975 Posts)
AnneEyhtMeyer Wed 04-Nov-15 23:49:42

A new thread as we head towards the worst part of every soap year - Christmas.

Dreading the return of Simon.

Dreading more of the arr Gareh & Alya "plot".

When did the brewery close and become a convenient empty garage?

Make yourself at home and get ready for more totally hopeless acting - it has to improve soon, surely?

BoGrainger Thu 05-Nov-15 07:42:38

Just checking in. Haven't watched properly for a while but use the thread to keep up with what's happening.

RitaConnors Thu 05-Nov-15 07:49:38

I'd forgotten about Simon.sad

Gary and Alyah is the most ridiculous relationship ever. They have absolutely nothing in common. I had to fast forward when he was gesticulating with his cutlery when he was at her house for a family dinner. What would they talk about? Not his baby that's for sure as he doesn't seem to remember him.

I am watching only for
Mary (and her tales of mother)
Beth and Kirk (but not their droopy housemates)
Tim and Sally

ThirtyFivePounds Thu 05-Nov-15 09:54:21

Ah good, a shiny new thread. I hope the storylines become more interesting during the lifetime of this thread.

I'm also dreading the return of Simon and not looking forward to his story with Amy.

MrWriter Thu 05-Nov-15 10:04:02

Hi all,

I've just found this thread and its the answer to my problems!!!

DH chittered the whole way through the episode with Alyah gurning (which one I hear you cry....), so I now don't no if she's pregnant or not.

Please help, I've tried googling but to no avail. I saw the episode whjere she had the +test then that whingy sowing girl sticking up for her in the factory, then I seem to have missed the ins and outs of it!

HirplesWithHaggis Thu 05-Nov-15 12:30:38

She's not, or if she is there's been no mention of it since the test was found in the factory loo.

MrWriter Thu 05-Nov-15 12:37:14

Thanks haggis

Rachel0Greep Thu 05-Nov-15 13:01:32

Completely agree re Alya and Gary having nothing whatsoever in common. Apart from both being very boring characters, IMO.

WotNoLoobrush Thu 05-Nov-15 13:33:52

Hi all. Marking place.

Are Sally and Tim still on honeymoon? I don't remember seeing them since their wedding day and I don't think Sophie mentioned her Mum wishing her happy 21st birthday did she?

Yes, the upcoming story with Simon is not going to be easy to watch.

ThirtyFivePounds Thu 05-Nov-15 14:00:29

No idea about Tim & Sally. I hope they're back soon though, I think Tim is really funny.

eddiemairswife Thu 05-Nov-15 14:13:21

Has Sally been at to the factory since all the Connors arrived? If not it's a pretty long honeymoon. I'm not sure what her position is......head machinist or management?

WotNoLoobrush Thu 05-Nov-15 14:19:24

I don't think Sally has met all the Connors eddie. Not since the Dad and daughter arrived anyway. Last I understood, she was part of management as her and Alya clashed. I might have missed something though.

DingleberryDip Thu 05-Nov-15 15:45:26

Alya is way too clever and way too pretty for Gary who works in the caff. Get rid of him and don't give it a second thought!

Rachel0Greep Thu 05-Nov-15 16:02:39

Sally has yet to return, I think. Even though, in that recent ridiculous episode involving Tyrone and a tow truck, Beth said she had a cake for her, in the 'cake run' from the cafe.

MrWriter Thu 05-Nov-15 16:10:53

What is the upcoming Simon story?

AnguaResurgam Thu 05-Nov-15 16:14:57

I take it this thread continues with the norm of previous ones that spoilers are linked, not described? (So that those who don't want the detail don't see it)

Link to spoiler about Simon's upcoming story line

AnguaResurgam Thu 05-Nov-15 16:16:44

And yes, it wouldn't have taken much for Kev to ask Sophie if she'd spoken to her mum yet, and for Sophie to say something about events on honeymoon.

Another example of lack of attention by the scriptwriters, I fear.

MrWriter Thu 05-Nov-15 16:18:18

Thanks Angua I'm new round here [wave]

HirplesWithHaggis Thu 05-Nov-15 17:14:05

When I first saw your name, MrWriter, I had a brief hope you were on the Corrie writing team, and were looking for ideas/for us to pick up inconsistencies and keep the stories credible... <sigh> grin

southeastdweller Thu 05-Nov-15 18:43:25

The Simon story that's happening next month is such a bad idea so with that and Hope still having cancer, I hope there's some nice festive stories planned to offset the depressing ones.

Extra episode tonight at 8.

SymphonyofShadows Thu 05-Nov-15 18:57:37

Checking in. I can't decide if I like Nessa or not.

ProfYaffle Thu 05-Nov-15 19:29:57

Oh God, I'm fed up to the back teeth of people moaning on at Alya for not being a virgin any more. fgs, it's not that bad!

Just caught up on Wednesday's episode, 8yo dd2 was most puzzled by the tiling fiasco "Why are they even showing this? confused"

theliverpoolone Thu 05-Nov-15 19:33:57

I thought someone in the pub might have commented last night when Nessa said she was 'just out for a walk and felt like a drink while passing" - in a really flouncy low-cut red blouse and full make up grin. If I was out for a walk in November I'd be in a fleece and my scruffiest jeans!

AnguaResurgam Thu 05-Nov-15 19:35:07

I haven't taken to Nessa, but Corrie never used to be about instant like/dislike, so I'm waiting to see what happens (though there's still time for a possibly OK character to be ruined by dreadful story planning over Ken).

I did think she looks like a cross between Mavis and a younger Emily. So fits in at that level.

EachandEveryone Thu 05-Nov-15 21:09:12

Is Liz getting back with Tony?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now