Poor service on Freeview but only on ITV and Channel 4 - any ideas?

(13 Posts)
Trickytricky Thu 13-Aug-15 21:47:00

The reception on our freeview is really rubbish BUT it's only rubbish on the ITV channels and all the Channel 4 channels. Anyone know why this would be? I've been onto the Freeview checker and apparently we have good service in our area. I don't think it can be an issue with the aerial as surely all the channels would be rubbish if it was?

Can anyone help?

Trickytricky Fri 14-Aug-15 07:21:16

Bump

SilentBob Fri 14-Aug-15 07:26:33

I had a message on my TV last night saying (paraphrasing) 'you may need to rescan your TV or set-top box to keep viewing itv' I can't remember what the reason was- emmer dale was on so I just pressed yellow to hide the message smile

Trickytricky Fri 14-Aug-15 11:36:10

Thanks SilentBob - I have tried to retune but that doesn't seem to work either. Pathetic I know but I need to work out a solution before Downtown starts or Sunday evenings could be ruined.

decisionsdecisions123 Fri 14-Aug-15 16:20:41

I have similar problems except that mine has become gradually worse, first it was the bbc channels that i couldnt watch now its pretty much all of them and im lucky if i can pick up one or two channels. i have no idea what the problems is and im fed up with it to the point that i no longer bother putting the tv on which is annoying as ive not had it that long. im considering just cancelling the tv licence and watching catch up on the internet but i keep hoping for a miracle before i make the phone call to the licensing people!

Mrsjayy Fri 14-Aug-15 19:47:35

Its our bbc and itv dh has retuned it twice the stuttering is driving me daft i like watching tv in bed

CunfuddledAlways Fri 14-Aug-15 19:56:08

We returned about 3/4 Times then unplugged it all and plugged it all back in, it's been working fine for.a.few months now

Trickytricky Fri 14-Aug-15 22:24:38

Cunfuddled - can I check what you plugged?! Do you mean just unplugging the aerial from the back of the TV and the wall or something else? Thanks.

CunfuddledAlways Fri 14-Aug-15 23:09:59

Literally everything

EnlightenedOwl Fri 14-Aug-15 23:12:48

You need one of these
solved all the problems we had with freeview

www.amazon.co.uk/Labgear-F4GAHS-Official-Approved-Filter/dp/B00CAM0E6Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1439590344&sr=8-1&keywords=aerial+filter

decisionsdecisions123 Sat 15-Aug-15 14:08:16

I have one of those filters but it hasn't helped with my reception at all.

Piffpaffpoff Sat 15-Aug-15 14:33:52

Could it be signal overlap? We live on the fringes of two transmitter areas and the tv my kitchen got really poor or no reception on one or two of the digital channel 'groupings'. I ended up having to manually retune them to recieve the signal from the 'other' transmitter. All the other TVs in the house were fine.

I got all the info I needed here, I'm no techie, but I managed to do it with relatively little fuss!

www.digitaluk.co.uk/coveragechecker/manual_retuning

poonani Sat 15-Aug-15 14:43:15

Funny, we have satellite and ITV has been rubbish for the last few weeks. Unwatchable at times. DH was going to replace the aerial cable but I can't understand why it's not attracting every channel.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now