TLC... "if katie hopkins ruled the world" ...... just WHY????

(7 Posts)
theonewiththenoisychild Mon 10-Aug-15 22:23:03

why are tlc giving her airtime. i know theyve pulled 19 kids and counting due to the scandal with josh but really???? katie hopkins is the best they can come up with?

Fantasyland Tue 11-Aug-15 01:34:18

I'm so glad this has flopped!
I hope this is the start of her downfall.

Elllimam Tue 11-Aug-15 02:33:05

I'm sure KH would squeeze out another 16 or so kids for her own show. Appropriately named of course.

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 11-Aug-15 07:56:36

I watched and actually was quite entertaining tho did feel sorry for the black lady who katie said was 25 stone !

But guess if you go in the audience you know you may get picked on .......

Tho also agree larger people should maybe pay more on planes /combine weight and luggage

I've been 1kg over in luggage before and had to pay £8 - yet few people in the queue were obviously a good 6/8 stone heavier then me and their luggage was ok at 20kg and not pay anything

Yet their combined luggage /weight would have been way over my excess 1kg and my weight - and I'm not a stick insect wink

Lweji Tue 11-Aug-15 08:01:06

Fwiw, the one bag weight limit is for the sake of the people handling it, iirc.

Anyway, must look it up in my local TLC. Although I doubt the audience here knows or gives a fig about KH.
Buy I'm sure it's worth for cringe value.

chanie44 Tue 11-Aug-15 18:10:54

The format of the show just doesn't work.

I thought that KH would be really controversial, but I think she isn't witty enough to be on live TV, where you have to think on your feet.

Sazzle41 Tue 11-Aug-15 21:24:56

Why is a good question. Why does someone who nicked someone's husband and is no oil painting think she is qualified to be judge and jury on other's morals and looks/weight. I suspect rigid, controlling, nitpicking parents made her think its normal to be constantly derogatory, combined with putting other people down makes her feel better about her own flawed morals and less than perfect looks. A psychologist would have a field day with her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now