Peter kay and car share

(31 Posts)
mindexplode Mon 27-Apr-15 14:55:13

has anyone watched car share yet? off sick today so watching it all on iPlayer - its very watchable

not sure who the lady is on the show but she sounds just like my auntie Anne

FernieB Mon 27-Apr-15 19:45:29

DH and I watched it this weekend. Really enjoyed it, especially the radio adverts! Hope they do another series.

Ifyourawizardwhydouwearglasses Mon 27-Apr-15 19:47:07

I didn't think it was on until Wednesday!??

Stradbroke Mon 27-Apr-15 19:56:25

It's on iplayer now, then on tv from Wednesday I think. I have watched three episodes and really enjoy it. I love how the moments when they amuse each other and get a little closer. I think I may watch the rest tonight.

mindexplode Mon 27-Apr-15 20:32:35

glad I'm not the only one who enjoyed it

it was very well written

The80sweregreat Tue 28-Apr-15 07:47:24

It was a bit like a modern 'talking heads ' by Alan Bennett. I thought the Dogging joke was overdone, but Peter kay
has radio shows like Heart and Smooth spot on. Forever fm was the star for me! Saw 2 on i player, have a hunch they will end up together..

rollmeover Tue 28-Apr-15 21:11:35

Loved it, some real laugh out loud moments. Quite gentle too and fabulous observational humour. Was quite surprised when they said on the Radio today that Peter Kay didnt write it.

Geoff0409 Wed 29-Apr-15 08:33:23

Absolutely loved it. I thought it got funnier as it went on. The first episode might be the weakest (didn't like the urine bit much) but overall the series was superb. Don't get me wrong, I am big fan of Peter Kay but it was everything I had hoped for and more. And Sian Gibson is just as good. She is so funny and really adorable.

BearFeet Wed 29-Apr-15 09:55:58

I'll be watching Wednesday.

IPlayBass Wed 29-Apr-15 16:39:48

I'm so pleased to see thia thread. I went on to watch one episode on the I player and ended up watching them all blush. It's brilliant, fab characters and so funny. I love when they are imagining themselves in a music video grin. They are so adorable.

BearFeet Thu 30-Apr-15 09:24:04

I loved the first one, thought it was very funny and really liked the characters.

fortyfide Thu 30-Apr-15 11:58:38

Not as funny as PK usually is. But it may improve

squoosh Thu 30-Apr-15 12:10:04

I thought it was pretty weak, thought it felt more like a work in development rather than the finished article. I did switch off half way through so maybe it got better?

BaroquePearl Thu 30-Apr-15 12:12:20

I also switched it off half way, the urine thing felt totally contrived. I usually like PK though.

ConcreteElephant Thu 30-Apr-15 12:18:06

We watched them all on iPlayer preview - it does get better. We're fans in this house though and Phoenix Nights is a much loved programme, often popped on when there's 'now't else on'.

There are a few nods to Phoenix Nights in here and it's quite charming really. I also get the sense that it's a bit ad-libbed like PN - you can tell when they are just genuinely making each other laugh. I love Sian Gibson in this - she plays Holy Mary's daughter Mary in PN but it wasn't a huge part. Turns out she's very funny.

Not sure what I think about the song cutaways yet but I'm happy to go with the flow!

BadgersNadgers Thu 30-Apr-15 13:33:12

Oh I couldn't make up my mind after the first one. I really like the girl and it showed potential but here was a bit too much of Peter Kay being Peter Kay and a few of the jokes felt like sledgehammers.

Coumarin Thu 30-Apr-15 13:48:41

I've watched 5 out of the 6 episodes. The first one is really just the set up and definitely the weakest. I wasn't sure about it but found myself crying with laughter during the second episode. It definitely gets better. It's rare for a tv comedy to make me really laugh and Car Share did, several times.

The second ep is on tonight which made me wonder if the producer/writers or whenever realise that episode 1 is a bit weak and they need to get to the good stuff before everyone turns off it.

Worth sticking with. Trust me. wink

issynoho Thu 30-Apr-15 13:54:03

I turned off 5 mins in to the first, thought it was contrived, weak and that PK was a poor fit for the BBC.

Now I'm thinking I should give it more of a chance!

PooSweats84 Thu 30-Apr-15 14:35:41

Me and DH absolutely loved it, had to pause it on a few occasions as we were crying so much with laughter we couldn't concentrate! Nice heartwarming comedy, which are in very short supply these days!

chockbic Thu 30-Apr-15 14:38:54

The ads on Forever FM really made me laugh.

You need The Shed Surgery grin

SuchSweetSorrow Thu 30-Apr-15 14:43:13

I loved it and must admit to watching it all back to back on Saturday! I nearly choked laughing when he fell over. I love Phoenix nights, going to dig my dvd out for the weekend

ConcreteElephant Thu 30-Apr-15 17:24:14

Yes, when he fell over that was laugh out loud funny! I really enjoyed it and I liked being able to watch them all in a row - I never remember things are on otherwise...

DameEdnasBridesmaid Thu 30-Apr-15 21:54:44

He is so north west. I love him.

Watching for the first time. This is how it is. Believe you me smile

FernieB Thu 30-Apr-15 21:58:26

Love the idea of 'guess the celebrity in the toaster' - just wondering how it's played grin.

The conversation with his Nana in 4th or 5th one is hilarious. I have had similar conversations.

chubbymummy Thu 30-Apr-15 22:06:16

Just watched episode 2.
"Are you on glue?" and talk of the neighbour having a key and how she should install a spy cam made me wonder if someone's a Mumsnetter. I'll be listening out for any references to pom-bears, fruit shoots, lemon drizzle cake or penguin bollards now. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now