Breaking Bad Episode 1

(49 Posts)
ButterflyUpSoHigh Mon 20-Apr-15 11:53:54

Decided to watch this as it's being reshown on Spike the new channel. The first episode cut off before the end on my Sky recording. He was in bed with his wife at the end. Did it finish there or was there more after that?

Thanks

ElizabethHoover Mon 20-Apr-15 11:55:34

look on wiki - has an episode guide

IvoryMadonna Mon 20-Apr-15 12:57:41

I watched this too. I think that was the end. Not sure if I will watch the whole lot though. It's a worry when people say it's a "slow burn" thing, because I may have to watch hours and hours of it before it grabs me, and I don't know if it'll be worth it.

PuppyMonkey Mon 20-Apr-15 13:05:35

You will be grabbed by episode three.

ButterflyUpSoHigh Mon 20-Apr-15 14:16:48

Thanks hopefully it gets better as everyone raves about it.

MrsBeeZed Mon 20-Apr-15 16:08:03

As pp said, you'll be hooked within the next couple of episodes. Definitely not as slow a burn as The Wire (I didn't ever think that one would catch alight it was so slow). You'll be saying "just one more episode" until you complete the -whole box set- season, I'm sure.

PuppyMonkey Mon 20-Apr-15 16:47:27

It's not a slow burn anything.

PuppyMonkey Mon 20-Apr-15 16:47:34

It's not a slow burn anything.

ItsAllKickingOffPru Mon 20-Apr-15 16:53:30

I found the 1st episode really boring. Why would I care about this man and his family? <yawn>

Then episodes 3 - to end of the box set had to be rationed!

IvoryMadonna Tue 21-Apr-15 13:04:18

OK, I've watched three episodes now. It's OK, quite funny in a black way. I might try and watch ep 4 later today so that I can catch ep 5 on the telly tonight. But so far I'm finding it just - OK.

What is it that people find so great about it, what makes it so compulsive?

Euphemia Tue 21-Apr-15 22:34:46

I loved that BB shocked me again and again, and made me laugh a lot too!

There are things Walter does early on that made me gasp, that made me realise this was not some predictable piece of fluff.

The ensemble cast are great, especially Hank, Mike and Saul. Jesse gets better and better as a character.

Unlike anything else out there. Stick with it!

CadieAgain Tue 21-Apr-15 23:28:17

It took a few episodes for me too, didn't care about Walt and Jesse was unlikable and boring shock I was absolutely enthralled after that and recently watched all five series' again with DD. It just has everything IMO.

IvoryMadonna Wed 22-Apr-15 00:37:45

Episode 5 tonight. I was bored. Nothing much happened. I'll watch the rest of the series, and then see.

velouria Wed 22-Apr-15 00:41:48

I have watched the first 2 episodes twice, each one seemed to last a week, exactly when does it get interesting?

dontmesswithmytutu Wed 22-Apr-15 00:51:40

About to watch last two episodes of final series on DVD, it's amazing. The development of characters is wholly absorbing. It's hilarious and deeply grotesque. Keep watching, you won't believe some of the twists and turns of the plot. grin

HoneywithLemon Fri 24-Apr-15 12:48:46

I envy you lot who haven't seen it. It's brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. I gorged on it last summer and I'm ready to watch it again already.

BathtimeFunkster Fri 24-Apr-15 12:52:49

It's pretty good, but if you're not enjoying it watch something else.

I think the pilot is one of the better episodes.

HoneywithLemon Fri 24-Apr-15 13:00:20

I think what makes it compulsive has to be firstly the characterisation, these are interesting people, archetypes most of them, yet they morph throughout so that you end up despising some that you started out rooting for, and loving some that were jerks to begin with (<3 Hank so much), and all have hidden depths and the format allows for all of these to be explored. Not only that, there are so many twists and turns that you sometimes don't know where you are, but in a totally emotionally fulfilling and satisfying way, and in the space of half a series you can do a complete about turn with a character yet you never feel like the story is unbelievable or that you are being manipulated despite all the truly staggering goings-on. The writing is so, so good. I think the writer said the story takes us from Mr Chips to Scarface. Hard to believe it would be possible to do, but that's exactly what happens and everything about it is perfectly crafted. A masterpiece.

awaynboilyurheid Fri 24-Apr-15 13:49:16

Yes honeywithlemons spot on !! Wish I was watching it for the first time too best series ever imho

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 24-Apr-15 14:11:54

DH watched until Series 3 , I couldn't get into it (TV is on but I;m on MN grin ) though I did keep thinking "You can't do THAT ,you're Malcolm's Dad " shock
(Malcolm in the Middle.

NecklessMumster Fri 24-Apr-15 14:24:18

Finally finished it last night, Omg, now feeling bereft

chocolatelife Fri 24-Apr-15 17:51:17

Hank's wife, she is a good character, loves her purple

PeppermintCrayon Fri 24-Apr-15 18:02:06

I hated the pilot. Nearly died of boredom. Given up.

GemmaTeller Fri 24-Apr-15 18:10:03

You have to stick with it then you're hooked!

I do think a few episodes were very much 'fillers' where they struggled to pad the story out and fill the minutes (ie the one with the fly).

The last four episodes we practically watched back to back.......now watching Better Call Saul

Grantaire Fri 24-Apr-15 18:13:48

I didn't like it. I watched the whole first series and half of the second. I found it contrived and gratuitous.

It's not for everybody and I did genuinely believe the whole 'stick with it, it'll get you' thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now