The Americans?

(18 Posts)
Behooven Fri 20-Feb-15 20:34:19

Does anyone know if there is to be another series?

RingtheBells Fri 20-Feb-15 21:19:53

There is in the US but looks like ITV haven't bought it sad

HoldMeCloserTonyDanza Sat 21-Feb-15 00:49:37

New series has started in the US and it's as good as ever. I almost stopped breathing last week it was so tense!

No idea why ITV didn't push it more/stick with it. This is Breaking Bad and Mad Men all over again!

Behooven Sat 21-Feb-15 01:18:09

Oh that's a shame. I really liked it angry

cdtaylornats Sat 21-Feb-15 22:54:04

And yet they show the appallingly bad Scorpions. I hope one of the sattelite stations picks it up. Fox, Universal, CBS or Watch might be a fit.

Nancy66 Sun 22-Feb-15 10:28:48

I gave up on it a series ago as it got daft, I suspect it was no longer pulling in the ratings.

wowfudge Sun 22-Feb-15 17:40:36

Yes - third series filmed but ITV didn't buy it. Don't know if you noticed, but virtually the only advertising in the breaks was for forthcoming ITV programmes and Checkatrade's sponsorship. As Nancy stated - I too would guess it got poor ratings.

Daft it may have been but I rather enjoyed seeing the 80s disguises!

oneowlgirl Thu 12-Mar-15 23:10:18

I loved it - gutted if it's not shown in the UK!

diddl Fri 13-Mar-15 07:44:00

It's not as good as it was imo.

Love Matthew Rhys though!

the first ep where they were running & Fleetwood Mac's tusk was playing-fab!

really pulled me in!

scarlets Fri 14-Aug-15 19:25:57

Season 3 starts on ITV Encore next week. It begins with a double bill. Can't wait!

MiracletoCome Sat 15-Aug-15 20:33:44

Just seen this and I'm on hols with not much telly reception so I have just had to do a remote record thing for the first two episodes. Hoping it works as I love The Americans

oneowlgirl Sun 16-Aug-15 11:41:23

Thanks so much - love this show grin

HuckfromScandal Tue 18-Aug-15 13:31:22

So ITV encore is like Sky Atlantic, and just Sky only. Gutted!!!

oneowlgirl Thu 20-Aug-15 00:06:06

Just watched episode 1 of S3 - I thought the wife who works at the FBI (I think her name is Martha - she was practising shooting) knew in the last series that the marriage was a sham, therefore was surprised they were having sex in this episode?? Did I imagine that she knew?? V confused!

MrsToddsShortcut Fri 21-Aug-15 21:59:35

Hold on, I'm confused. I LOVED the Anericans; thought it was brilliant and was totally hooked by the end of series 2. Are you saying there's a way I can watch series 3? On ITV encore but only on Sky?

Cheeezz Fri 21-Aug-15 22:06:28

It's on ITV Encore this Sunday at 9pm!

scarlets Fri 21-Aug-15 23:01:47

MrsTodds - it's only available on ITV Encore currently, so if you don't have that channel you might need to wait for its possible appearance on Netflix, or for the DVD.

nulgirl Fri 21-Aug-15 23:09:26

I'm watching it on Amazon Prime. I started yesterday and am already up to episode 8 of the first season. I absolutely love it and am trying to ration my viewing as I want to string it out for a few months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now