Did I just hear right? Horrible Histories series 6?

(23 Posts)
SmileAndNod Mon 05-Jan-15 19:06:18

On Simon Mayo earlier? I thought that series 5 was going to be the last? Very excited if they are making moresmile

waithorse Mon 05-Jan-15 19:52:49

Please be true. grin

waithorse Mon 05-Jan-15 20:03:10

I can't do link's but, grin grin gringrin a new series has been announced but with a new cast. There's an article from today on the British Comedy website. Lot's of guest stars, including Rowan Atkinson as good old King Henry. This has made my evening.

Trenzalore Tue 06-Jan-15 18:38:09

awww, want the old cast back though, at least some of them.

they made the programme what it is/was.

will prob watch new one but I want Simon, Jim, ben, Larry et al......

SmileAndNod Tue 06-Jan-15 19:06:45

Me too. Glad it's coming back, but can't help feeling it just won't be the same sad

GreenShadow Tue 06-Jan-15 20:15:29

Oh yes, it was announced a while ago but more details only came out yesterday.

Trenzalore - don't worry, Simon, Jim and Lawry (plus Sarah and Dominique) will all be in the new series - Simon as Death and Jim as Napoleon (I think it was). Lawry, I assume, will continue to play various roles.

The link to the Simon Mayo show is here. Greg is on about 18 minutes in.

Further updates have been provided by Greg this morning on Twitter -

"1) Hi! So, yesterday we announced the new series of #HorribleHistories - the format is being tweaked. Each episode will now be a mini biography
2) Ace Jim Howick, Simon Farnaby, Sarah Hadland, Lawry Lewin, Dominique Moore, Giles Terrera & Jason Lewis are back…
3) as well as familiar faces, we have a new cast of super-talented comedy performers#HorribleHistories - see here https://twitter.com/greg_jenner/status/552218192152895488
4) Plus key performances from Ben Miller, Tom Rosenthal, Lorna Watson, Kathryn Drysdale, Kevin Eldon & Rowan Atkinson
5) most importantly of all, this is the first time that I have not been dressed up like an idiot for the show. Dignity. #HorribleHistories
7) #HorribleHistories episodes: Boudica,Cleo,Alfred,William I,King John, HenryVIII, MaryQofScots, Cromwell,GeorgeIII,Napoleon,Vic, Churchill
8) Death now has his own chat show #HorribleHistories
9) As ever, each episode will feature a ludicrously catchy song, composed by the musical genius Richie Webb #HorribleHistories
10) Rattus is back, but with some new musical friends to help explain the history#HorribleHistories
11) #HorribleHistories Magna Carta special will star Ben Miller as King John and songs will be part of @britishlibrary exhibition from March

The best bit of news as far as I am concerned is that Richie Webb and Dave Cohen are back on board for the songs.

Trenzalore Wed 07-Jan-15 16:43:08

Heard that Rowan Atkinson will be as Henry 8th.

Much as I love RA how can Henry NOT be Ben????? sad.

meglet Wed 07-Jan-15 16:50:39

Isn't there a HH film out in the spring? Shakepeare?

meglet Wed 07-Jan-15 16:53:30

Ah, it's called 'Bill'.

GreenShadow Wed 07-Jan-15 18:02:17

Yeah, though technically Bill is nothing to do with HH, just happens to be the same cast members.

Trenzalore Wed 07-Jan-15 18:25:32

I just hope the origianl cast (apart from the few that thankfully will be in new one) arent doing a 'Miles Jupp', or are genuinly busy with other projects.

Miles Jupp explanation.
yes, needs to move on in career but stop being in denial and embarrassment.(as Ive read someowhere) about being Archie the Inventor for so long, in Balamory.
That was a popular programme and you shouldnt be ashamed or demeaned at cutting your teeth on 'piddly kids tv'.

Nothing wrong being on kids tv, it shapes kids memories for a start.

Bernard(why hasnt he got a knighthood) Cribbins, Brian Cant, Floella Benjamin, Justin Fletcher, Chris Jarvis. Not ashamed of being kids favourites.

GreenShadow Wed 28-Jan-15 22:10:49

Just saying.....

GreenShadow Wed 04-Feb-15 15:16:01

The Magna Carta special will be on this Saturday - 7th Feb 5.15pm on BBC2.

You can see a preview of the song here
Plus another extract of Magna Carta rap here

I like the first song, though not so sure about the rap which seems a bit of a copy of the Rap Battle from one of the original series.

GreenShadow Sat 07-Feb-15 17:50:35

Any one else see it today?

LIZS Sat 07-Feb-15 17:56:20

Ah couldn't find this thread. Has lost something , some familiar faces but not as slick and missed Mat! Who decided on a Proclaimers song for a Magna Carta anthem !

LetticeKnollys Sat 07-Feb-15 22:42:00

Aw, Mat was my favourite and he's gone. I think he must have decided to move on to grown up telly since he started The Wrong Mans!

Igneococcus Sun 08-Feb-15 07:12:50

Well, the Igneococcales were very disappointed.
It wasn't funny and has lost its charm. I think we are going to stick with watching the first 5 series on DVD.

MeanAndMeaslyMiddleAges Mon 09-Feb-15 23:12:39

How did I miss this?

LIZS Tue 10-Feb-15 08:08:58

It is on again at 5 on Friday on cbbc.

GreenShadow Tue 10-Feb-15 08:15:40

Wasn't difficult to miss Mean.

There was almost zero advanced publicity. I only knew because (rather sadly at my age) I'm on other HH forums.

TARDIS1911 Wed 28-Sep-16 17:13:05

To be honest i preferred it when it had the old cast. I watch it now and I've not laughed at anything.

JellyWitch Wed 28-Sep-16 22:50:10

They're filming at the moment.

mrswhiplington Thu 29-Sep-16 15:44:24

Used to watch this programme with my DD who is now nearly 15, but haven't seen it for a few years. Thought it was brilliant. Funny and you learnt something at the same time. The "Stupid Deaths" sketches were my favourites, can still remember the little ditty they used to sing.smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now