Is TV going to be rubbish forever ............?

(38 Posts)
BeCool Wed 03-Sep-14 14:23:56

There is very little I like to watch at the moment. (FYI I Don't have SKY - just BT).

I'm really missing shows like:
Scandal
Revenge
Luther
Project Runway (never to be broadcast in UK again????)
Sewing Bee
Episodes
Curb Your Enthusiasm

Please tell me there is something on I'm missing, or something great about to start.

Middleagedmotheroftwo Wed 03-Sep-14 14:25:00

Well, there's GBBO and Only Connect for starters....

BeCool Wed 03-Sep-14 14:26:50

I do watch GBBO.

Will look for Only Connect as I've not heard of that.

I forgot to mention all the Scandi crime stuff in the OP - The Bridge, The Killing, Wallander etc

BeCool Wed 03-Sep-14 14:28:07

oh it's a quiz show - not keen on those. I like dramas, crime and rude/sweary comedies grin

ThinkIveBeenHacked Wed 03-Sep-14 14:30:45

New Big Bang Theory will be out in a month or so!

ThatBloodyWoman Wed 03-Sep-14 14:32:43

I only have eyes for season 4 of The Walking Dead on 5*.

Most tv leaves me cold anyway -requires too much devotion.

BeCool Wed 03-Sep-14 14:37:14

I can be devoted for the right program. I've heard the new series of Scandal will be on Sky and it makes me want to cry sad

I only have eyes for season 4 of The Walking Dead on 5. that does sound quite passionate Bloody grin

Strictly start soon - hurrah!

ThatBloodyWoman Wed 03-Sep-14 14:50:46

It makes an old(ish) woman very happy BeCool grin

ohbladee Wed 03-Sep-14 14:57:07

A new Nordic Noir thing started on BBC4 on Saturday - what about that?

The Fall is back soon, too.

BeCool Wed 03-Sep-14 15:01:23

A new Nordic Noir thing started on BBC4 on Saturday
<faints>

ohblahdee thank you, thank you - justr what I am looking for. I will catch up on catch up tonight and set the box to record the rest. (mutters ..... How do I miss these things?? Might be something to do with never watching advertisements ...)

BeCool Wed 03-Sep-14 15:03:09

I don't know The Fall - will look out for that.

It's not the French zombie thing is it? I was disappointed with that -started off mike a supernatural kind of mystery and then they all turned out to be zombies. I don't much like zombies.

BeCool Wed 03-Sep-14 15:03:25

mike? LIKE

ohbladee Wed 03-Sep-14 15:07:45

It's called Crimes of Passion, don't know if it's any good though.

The Fall series one was fantastic. Really gripping, interesting portrayal of characters, tense. Worth getting on DVD before series two. £13.50 on amazon.

There's loads of dramas coming up on ITV for Autumn (I cannot remember what but there's something on Thursday that I liked the look of)

iwantgin Wed 03-Sep-14 15:15:52

I'm still anticipating the return of The Returned!

I even joined their facebook page in the hope of some news.

Middleagedmotheroftwo Wed 03-Sep-14 15:18:23

What is news of The Returned iwantgin? I loved that, but not many people have heard of it. Isn't it supposed to be back on in the autumn?

RiverTam Wed 03-Sep-14 15:19:29

oh, I think it's not bad at the mo.

GBBO
new series of Under the Dome
and Ripper Street is being repeated on Drama.

BeCool Wed 03-Sep-14 15:21:46

(I cannot remember what but there's something on Thursday that I liked the look of)
^made me laugh.

The Returned is the French zombie thing

Subhuman Wed 03-Sep-14 15:29:26

If Sky is too expensive and your internet connection is fast enough, try Netflix (£6.99/month) or Now TV (from Sky - £4.99/month for entertainment package with Sky One, Sky Atlantic, Fox and a few others). Plenty of options on those and compatible with loads of devices - consoles, smart TVs, mobiles, Chromecast.

There was something about a missing boy (I think) and someone in a blue zipped up parka (woman) but I can remember no more.
I haven't seen The Returned <<missing out>>

And new Scott and Bailey grin to look forward to,

ThatBloodyWoman Wed 03-Sep-14 15:34:03

How did I miss The Returned if its zombies?....

Might have to look that up and see if its worthy of my becoming a devotee.

LightastheBreeze Wed 03-Sep-14 15:38:03

The new series of Dallas starts Thursday on channel 5

BeCool Wed 03-Sep-14 15:42:36

It's not that Sky is too expensive, but I will never ever knowing give MurdochCorp any of my money. I'd rather wait and buy a DVD (and I don't really like buying DVD's).

I might give Netflix a whirl over winter.

My fav show ever is Project Runway so I was holding out until that came onto Netflix (or similar) but I am beginning to think it never ever will show in the UK again. And as if to torture me the DD's watch Sofia the First and Tim Gunn is Baileywick. Cruel world ..........

BeCool Wed 03-Sep-14 15:48:52

BloodyWOman if you like zombies and EuroNoir I think you will like The Returned

RiverTam Wed 03-Sep-14 15:49:14

we can't use Netflix sad, our blu-ray player is too old. We will soon be the Only People Left In The World Who Buy DVDs. We are already The Only People Left In The World Who Have A Video, though that's come in very handy with DD and buying the entire Disney back catalogue in charity shops for 10 - 50p a pop.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now