The 100 (E4)

(24 Posts)
TheFirstOfHerName Mon 14-Jul-14 21:34:50

I'm trying so hard to like it. But it just seems like The Vampire Diaries in the jungle. Without vampires.

Ellenora5 Mon 14-Jul-14 21:46:39

I watched the first one then deleted it from series link, thought it was rubbish, very disappointing

Catsmamma Mon 14-Jul-14 21:49:00

godsake i am going to kill dh

i specifically said i wanted to watch this tonight, but "somehow" we have ended up watching his shitey trailer trash storage auction nonsense.

he already pointed out that mary berry and paul holly wood were on and then promptly switched over to some rerun of fucking top gear!

Catsmamma Mon 14-Jul-14 21:50:26

but yes it also seems to be not very good.

However now i have a point to make. I shall have to watch them all now.

<hoist by my own petard> 8)

mynameisnotmichaelcaine Mon 14-Jul-14 21:52:27

I thought I would love it, but it was truly dreadful.

hattymattie Tue 15-Jul-14 08:59:14

It is not very good but 12 old and 15 year old love so we have continued watching on streaming. Actually I'm quite into it now, sort of Lord of the Flies/Hunger games despite the bad script and musical montages which I loathe.

It is one of the few things we can Watch as a family so we're in for the long haul.

susiedaisy Tue 15-Jul-14 10:16:40

Yep it's crap but my 13 year old likes it so will keep watching, but it's definitely for teens rather than adults I think.

TheFirstOfHerName Tue 15-Jul-14 13:28:19

DS1 (14) seems to be oblivious to the terrible script and unbelievable plot. He was the same with Ender's Game. He is usually quite an intelligent young man.

The problem with the 100 is that I really don't care what happens to any of the characters from the drop. The sooner the 100 gets down to 0, the better. I'm only still watching because I'm mildly interested in the indigenous population.

Trazzletoes Tue 15-Jul-14 13:31:12

Ooh I've only seen the first episode and I didn't think it was that bad (but then I'm the only person in the country who watched Ringer). I think DH's really crap sci fi has meant I'll watch basically anything...

CalamitouslyWrong Tue 15-Jul-14 13:31:46

I've been watching it with DS1(14). Well, we haven't watched the second episode yet because we want to skip the adverts rather than watch it live. DS is enjoying it. He keeps making jokes about the programme title being inaccurate, since there aren't 100 of them any more.

I have amazingly high tolerance for teen guff on tv.

Trazzletoes Tue 15-Jul-14 13:33:53

I don't even have a teenager to blame it on.

CalamitouslyWrong Tue 15-Jul-14 13:37:23

I thought it was alright too. I guess I have low expectations of tv. (We series recorded hawaii 5-0 and ncis LA, for example).

Trazzletoes Tue 15-Jul-14 14:02:47

Yup, I get to watch them too grin

CalamitouslyWrong Tue 15-Jul-14 22:14:16

We even lamented the end of the series. Now there's no utterly mindless yet glossy television to watch on Sunday nights. And we can't marvel at LL cool j's pointy head (and the hilarious bits in the opening sequence where they keep pixelating the point).

Trazzletoes Tue 15-Jul-14 22:24:07

I found out this week that in real life Kensi is Deeks' DSIL!

I'm still amazed that LL Cool J can get away with such a daft name!

CalamitouslyWrong Tue 15-Jul-14 22:28:01

Is she? I shall have to tell DH. It would be very weird indeed having to kiss your SIL as part of your job. I'm glad my job would never call on me to snog BIL.

notyummy Tue 15-Jul-14 22:34:28

It's pretty awful tbh. And I love a bit of sci-Fi/post apocalyptic stuff. But Battlestar Galatica (re-make, natch) this ain't.

I've made it through 2 episodes so far so may keep watching. But I am wondering where all the make up artists and hair dressers are hiding in this nuclear wasteland.....

Spottybra Tue 15-Jul-14 22:38:57

It's passably fine for me on my own, when the dc have gone to sleep and I'm tired but not tired enough to fall asleep, bored without DH but cba to find a decent book in the house that I haven't already read.

Quite like Octavia as a character but the script is bad. I don't think I'm a fan.

itiswhatitiswhatitis Tue 15-Jul-14 22:43:00

It's not great but passable as chewing gum for the eyes when I'm ironing (unless judge judy is on) so will keep recording it. Maybe it will will pick up

Thought it was brilliant! I am of the generation of Space 1999!

susiedaisy Wed 16-Jul-14 13:43:43

They've got the whole world to explore I hope it's not all going to be set in that wooded area!

Idontknowhowtohelpher Thu 17-Jul-14 21:20:59

I watched this with dd2 (12) and added to the enjoyment of the viewing by googling and sharing the actual ages of the actors, considering the characters are all supposed to be under 18. She was so thrilled! wink grin

CalamitouslyWrong Thu 17-Jul-14 21:23:45

I decided to read the book it's based on. There are some striking differences.

Trazzletoes Thu 17-Jul-14 21:50:22

I knew I recognised Clarke from somewhere. She's Janae from Neighbours!!!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now