Utopia - can I just start with series 2 or do I need to watch all of series 1 first?

(9 Posts)
GrowlLikeMargeSimpson Sun 13-Jul-14 21:15:46

I somehow missed the first series completely, never even knew it existed. I'm drawn in by the trailers for series 2 but I don't know whether I should record it and watch all of series 1 first. Will it make more sense if I have already seen series 1 or will I be able to figure out the back story as I go along?

Chickencheeks Sun 13-Jul-14 22:12:42

From what I've seen of the premise of series 2 (a prequel) I think you'd be wise to watch series 1 first. I'm guessing it will expect some degree of knowledge of the back story though it makes sense chronologically to watch series 2 first. Plus it's excellent and a shame to miss.

GrowlLikeMargeSimpson Sun 13-Jul-14 23:12:50

Good, I'm glad it's excellent. I will record series 2 and watch series 1 first then.

ozymandiusking Sun 13-Jul-14 23:30:51

Please can you tell me which chanel this is on, and when?

DulcetMoans Sun 13-Jul-14 23:36:24

Yeah, obviously not seen season 2 yet but looks like understanding season 1 will be pretty useful. I think you should squeeze it in if you can, it's worth watching and quite surprising!

GrowlLikeMargeSimpson Sun 13-Jul-14 23:39:07

Ozy, Series 2 starts on Channel 4 tomorrow (Monday) at 10pm.

Rollergirl1 Mon 14-Jul-14 09:59:27

I am ridiculously ridiculously excited about this tonight and tomorrow. I thought Utopia Series 1 was the best thing i'd seen on TV in years.

I think you definitely need to watch series 1 to have any kind of a hope of understanding what's going on.

adrianna22 Mon 14-Jul-14 23:27:40

Utopia is so good. I loved the first series.

Deathraystare Wed 23-Jul-14 10:10:59

Best to catch up on Iplayer or whatever it is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now