iPlayer

(4 Posts)
Icimoi Sun 22-Jun-14 12:49:22

Any views on new BBC iPlayer? I find it irritating that (unless I'm being thick, which is entirely possible) you can't easily go back to whatever you last watched but have to find it all over again. Also that it doesn't give you more warning when one of your favourites is about to disappear.

RafaIsTheKingOfClay Sun 22-Jun-14 15:13:10

It's awful. Looks nice (particularly on a tablet I expect) but they've removed all the functionality.

It's deleted all my favourites, there's no easy way to add a program to favourites without going into the program page and adding it there. Like you say, it's now much less easy to see what's expiring because you just get a list of your favourites and you have to scroll down the entire list to see which have the purple 'last chance' next to it and it gives less notice. The 'new' and 'expiring' tabs were about the most useful feature on the old version.

I did get a pop-up survey about 3 days after they changed it. I was less than complimentary about it. It's not getting any better the more I use it.

Icimoi Mon 23-Jun-14 00:36:58

Oooh, I must see if I can track down that survey and give them my unflattering opinions.

I was also really annoyed that they've introduced some idiotic thing whereby you've got to sign up in order to add something to your Radio favourites. It seems to be something to do with the wonders of being able to access your favourites via the Cloud on any device, but frankly there are only two devices I listen to iPlayer on and I don't have so many radio favourites that it's any hardship putting them into two Favourites lists instead of one.

Icimoi Mon 23-Jun-14 01:28:01

Good grief, they must have been reading my mind! Just logged in and discovered a new "Recently watched" link.

In case they're reading this and moved super fast to placate me smile, just get to work on my other whinges and I might stop moaning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now