My Kitchen Rules Australia

(36 Posts)
FurryTrousers Fri 20-Jun-14 11:18:54

Ah babe! Mate! Darl!

Forget Masterchef (sort of) - am I the only watching MKR?

It's got me hooked (and it's so much better than the UK version).

Ellenora5 Fri 20-Jun-14 12:55:38

You're not the only one, I love it, did you see last night, the two of them really thought they were going to be better than anyone else grin they were brutal with the timing

But this group are so much nicer than the first group and have a bit of a laugh together, the first group were a bit wooden, that Princess YEAH, was driving me mad

Optimist1 Sun 22-Jun-14 06:19:32

Got very excited there for a minute, till I discovered it's on a Sky channel. Boo hoo. sad

I've finished Season 1 and I'm now on Season 2.

It's very long running though - I thought the 30+ episodes per season was slightly overkill.

I haven't googled the judges; Manu and Pete - I probably should as I've never heard of them before!

Ellenora5 Sun 22-Jun-14 16:01:33

Ye it is very long, I'm on series 3 now, I never heard of them either and to be honest Manu accent gets on my nerves a bit, it can be hard to understand him sometimes

Marcelinewhyareyousomean Sun 22-Jun-14 18:02:24

I'm loving it. (yeah)

That doc and lawyer team pissed on their own chips. Far too critical about others and underperformed.

I liked the two Italian guys with the high score. Hilarious that they managed a cheeky beer.

Just checked, I'm actually on S3 - up to the episode with the scientists.

Ellenora5 Thu 03-Jul-14 00:12:16

Anyone still watching, it does go on a bit doesn't it, at least the instant kitchen rounds are over, that got tedious, can't stand Thomas and Carla, more so him than her, he is a sneaky git, I'm glad they are in the first cook off, I hope they go

Megan and her husband must have forgotten their first names, they just refer to each other as "darling" even when they get cross grin

Marcelinewhyareyousomean Thu 03-Jul-14 08:37:11

Thomas is an arse; really sneaky.

I thought the Dahl's argument was hilarious.

FurryTrousers Thu 03-Jul-14 12:50:52

Oh good, glad I'm not the only one watching it! (I meant to check back on this thread before now).

Still catching up but agree Thomas is such a knob. And that chicken breakfast thing they made sounded revolting. Megan of the 'Darls' reminds me of Jon Bon Jovi. Shame the scientists have gone, I liked them.

Gary and Pete(?) are so cringey, thinking they're superior, urgh.

I wonder if Pete and Manu get on in real life. And the music has to be up there for lamest tv music ever. Tonight tonight!

Can't stop watching it though grin

Marcelinewhyareyousomean Thu 03-Jul-14 21:58:56

No spoilers. Game on.

Ellenora5 Sat 05-Jul-14 00:28:36

Looking forward to mondays, should be interesting smile

Marcelinewhyareyousomean Sat 05-Jul-14 07:51:45

Those two old guys are mean and jealous. Chicken nuggets? lol

Marcelinewhyareyousomean Sat 05-Jul-14 07:52:53

I don't know why the others are so scared of going up against them. Their time management is shit.

Ellenora5 Sat 05-Jul-14 14:08:24

I know Marceline, and they are stuck in the 80's, until the chicken nuggets last night all they had cooked was roast dinners, and they are so bitchy, quite nasty actually

Marcelinewhyareyousomean Sat 05-Jul-14 18:34:58

They don't like Carly and Emily because they are doing well; their main allies are the most clueless (and snide) just friends couple. Maybe next week they'll hate Steve and Helen.

Ellenora5 Sat 19-Jul-14 14:13:03

Is everyone still watching, this week has been great, really enjoying it, don't want to give anything away incase everyones not caught up to last nights episode

Marcelinewhyareyousomean Sun 20-Jul-14 17:58:57

I am. Can't wait for Monday. The judges are evil, very poor character. shock angry

Ellenora5 Sun 20-Jul-14 19:01:34

There are being very spiteful Marceline, Gary and Peter think they are in court of law, I really can't stand them or Thomas and Carla

Mind you I'm loving it grin

Marcelinewhyareyousomean Sun 20-Jul-14 19:41:30

Snap, my feelings exactly. I felt sorry for the two teams against one another. They should be sporting enough to judge on taste alone. Tom and Carla and Peter and doodah deserved to go. The guys were incredulous to be marked down after the table waited 3 1/2 hours for the main meal. In restaurant the diners would have left = nil points. wine

Roll on Monday at 7 pm.

Marcelinewhyareyousomean Tue 22-Jul-14 06:52:13

I can wait. The right people went home last night.

That lawyer guy is nuts.

Ellenora5 Sat 26-Jul-14 01:31:09

Did you watch the final Marceline smile

temporarilyjerry Sat 26-Jul-14 07:19:57

Am watching on sky+.

Rocco and Carly smile

Marcelinewhyareyousomean Tue 29-Jul-14 13:08:36

Just watched the final. No spoilers but shock grin

I've searched the Aussie sites for info and there are lots of juicy tales. Don't search cos this series 3 was filmed in 2012 and you may find info you don't want to know.

Megan and Andy are having their own little prawn.

Ellenora5 Tue 29-Jul-14 15:37:31

Ah that's good news, delighted for them

I thought this was the 2014 series, until the end when Pete said 2012 champions

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now