Poland 80/1
Germany & Iceland 100/1
France & Russia 125/1
Montengro & Slovenia 150/1
Belarus & San Marino 250/1

SuffolkNWhat Thu 08-May-14 22:58:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RedToothBrush Thu 08-May-14 22:59:57

Joint favourites or second favourites with just about all the bookies.

AnneEyhtMeyer Thu 08-May-14 23:12:33

I am going to try and bet on Swiss Whistler tomorrow.

Austria can't win. We've already had the drag winner when Dana International did it. It is boring now. Men dressing up as women isn't funny or clever.

Raahh Thu 08-May-14 23:26:27

Conchita also has by far the least impressive beard in the competition, Anne. If points were awarded for facial hair, she wouldn't win.

Raahh Thu 08-May-14 23:27:15

Swiss Whistler is quite hard to say. It keeps ending up as Swistler grin

AnneEyhtMeyer Thu 08-May-14 23:53:57

Swistler is a great name. I'm using that for my holiday romance wannabe now.

Yes, Conchita's beard is poor. I like Swistler's friend who jumps around and has a twirly moustache to go with his fine beard and bouffant hair.

Sunnymeg Fri 09-May-14 07:45:56

The UK is the last to sing, hope the rest of Europe hasn't fallen asleep by then!

CalamitouslyWrong Fri 09-May-14 09:01:42

Snorway have odds of 25/1. Seriously?

Romania can only have better odds than Switzerland because of eastern bloc voting, because their song was utterly shit.

stealthsquiggle Fri 09-May-14 10:48:42

Marking my place. I need to decide my social media strategy for Saturday though - I don't think I can multiplex Twitter, FB and MN.

toldmywrath Fri 09-May-14 12:30:51

mathanxiety On an animal thread I'm on, the OP referred to castration of her cat as pom pom removal.
There's surely a tie in with Eurovision somewhere!

RedToothBrush Fri 09-May-14 13:03:05

I thought UK Booking Odds were based on primarily where money placed in the UK was going rather than the overall picture in Europe. (I think France will do much better than the odds for this reason too - we don't vote for anything not in English) I don't understand Snorway at all.

Running order for the night is interesting. Going late is something of an advantage.

Ukraine
Belarus
Azerbaijan
Iceland
Norway
Romania
Armenia
Montenegro
Poland
Greece
Austria
Germany
Sweden
France
Russia
Italy
Slovenia
Finland
Spain
Switzerland
Hungary
Malta
Denmark
The Netherlands
San Marino
United Kingdom

I'm kinda of wishing I had put money on The Netherlands a month ago now as the odds were something like 30/1 and they looked like real outsiders. That draw is really in ours and their favour.

SuffolkNWhat Fri 09-May-14 14:00:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Maryz Fri 09-May-14 14:10:43

I'm Irish.

I'm sulking.

The only consolation is that at least we won't have the public humiliation of coming last grin

I'm Irish too, but everything was just very wrong with that song - the dress, the backing singers, the kilted/booted dancers, the song itself.....no redeeming qualities at all.

shudders

BeCool Fri 09-May-14 14:35:26

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

AnneEyhtMeyer Fri 09-May-14 14:41:29

I will be here with wine, nibbles and more wine. I don't care who wins, it is always a joy to watch. Especially the voting.

Latvia are the moral winners in my eyes this year.

Maryz Fri 09-May-14 15:16:56

I agree Melanie, but what do you expect when Linda Martin and Louis Walsh combine to cheat the system manipulate the choice of song [sigh]

QueenOfThorns Fri 09-May-14 16:07:50

Maryz, you're right, every cloud has a silver lining!

I need to face up to the inevitable - the Netherlands, who got through to the final for the first time in ages, are going to finish waaaaaayyyyy ahead of miserable Molly. And my Dutch DH is never ever going to let me forget it [sob]

CalamitouslyWrong Fri 09-May-14 16:34:12

Tbf, the Netherlands deserve to come way ahead of Molly and her annoying head jewellery.

RedToothBrush Fri 09-May-14 17:10:25

Despite the fact that Austria's entry is shit, I do want it to do well purely because Russia, Belarus and Ukraine wanted it banned from their broadcasts.

Maryz Fri 09-May-14 18:09:56

Why did they want it banned? Just for the beard?

I only caught the end of last night's show. I thought it was a woman with a false beard, until ds2 told me I was a fecking eejit put me right.

RedToothBrush Fri 09-May-14 18:21:35

I think it goes against their laws. They can't cope with the idea of a man in a dress as it threatens their wholesome values.

Briliant Popbitch guide, thankings, BeCool.

Love the "RizzleGreeks".

This thread is not accepting new messages.