The island with Bear Grylls

(178 Posts)
susiedaisy Mon 05-May-14 21:45:56

Anyone watching??

Tigresswoods Mon 05-May-14 21:49:50

Yes! Wish they'd get on & make the fire & stop swimming & getting injured

HoneyDragon Mon 05-May-14 21:51:07

MAKE THE FIIIIIIIIRE!!!!!!!!

They're annoying me now. Why are most of them lying about, shouldn't there be a couple of groups trying to start a fire?

I'm now wondering now how long it will take before it goes all Lord of the Flies and they sacrifice the long haired miserable one.

teaandthorazine Mon 05-May-14 22:01:57

Long haired grumpy one and old grumpy one can go home. The rest can stay because some of them are quite fit

LoadsaBlusher Mon 05-May-14 22:02:41

Loving this , I'll be tuning in next week . I was thinking the same - nobody likes a moaner !
Wonder why they made it just men though ?

BlewShews Mon 05-May-14 22:03:07

Drink the coconuts...... Loads if the things in the trees.

susiedaisy Mon 05-May-14 22:03:25

Tony the ex policeman is already getting on my nerves. Bossy old sod.

StillaChocoholic Mon 05-May-14 22:05:51

I have a feeling that women would have gone right you do this you do that and everyone would have a job and pull their weight and the bloody fire would have been sorted much sooner.

Did enjoy it though.

Tigresswoods Mon 05-May-14 22:07:06

It's just a matter of time before they turn on each other. I would be royally pissed off by the blokes lying about doing nothing.

BiscuitCrumb Mon 05-May-14 22:07:52

It was all a bit 'men have forgotten how to be men' 'man must make fire' 'man must kill and eat bugs' etc...

Having said that I'll probably tune on next week just to see who is going to punch the retired policeman first.

Pancakeflipper Mon 05-May-14 22:09:23

Is it very sweary and not suitable watching for my 9yr old (recording it in the hope it's ok for him to watch his beloved BG, actually is BG in it much?)

susiedaisy Mon 05-May-14 22:11:13

I'm wondering if it will be repeated again with swearing cut out on another day.

LoadsaBlusher Mon 05-May-14 22:15:41

Yes think they will be arguing next week for sure
The doctor is nice to watch smile , think he will end up being a peacekeeper as he seems very level headed
I doubt at the moment that the moany young guy will last ...

MmeMorrible Mon 05-May-14 22:16:54

Why didn't they use someone glasses to start a fire??

expatinscotland Mon 05-May-14 22:17:49

It's a real bitch to get a fire going with no firestarter. Hope they twigged how to bank it so they don't have to go through the process over and over again.

BelleateSebastian Mon 05-May-14 22:17:59

I loved it, I was getting cross that whilst they were attempting to get the fire going the others weren't collecting more tinder and getting the water ready to be boiled. My 9yo ds watched it with me, the language wasnt to horrendous well no-one called anyone a cunt he loved itsmile

susiedaisy Mon 05-May-14 22:21:55

The young miserable one seemed to be a bit lazy. Although it could be the way it's edited.

I may be developing a crush on the doctor blush Bored of whining long haired guy already and baffled as to why the other groups didn't think about sourcing food during the TWELVE HOURS it took to light the fire.

Really, they sat watching the 3 guys working on the fire for a whole day and no one thought 'shall we go fishing/hunting/foraging' confused

StillaChocoholic Mon 05-May-14 22:24:47

When they found the beach and were on about going in the water I was almost shouting nooo at the TV. Why would you do that? You don't know what's in the water and then two of them got bloody injured!

expatinscotland Mon 05-May-14 22:26:19

They were awfully cavalier even about the water. As a former rock climber and mountaineer, I'd have been all about water the first hour we were there.

TheSpottedZebra Mon 05-May-14 22:30:55

Ooh, I am watching it on +1.
Tony was annoying from the get-go. Pretty doc I reckon will snap next week - I really don't think he's that placid. So far I am liking the big black guy (form London, lived Ghana and Zimbabwe also) - he seems friendly and level-headed.

This is just Shipwrecked, grown up a bit, isn't it?

MoreSkyThanWeNeed Mon 05-May-14 22:31:15

It looked like they were all going to die of dehydration or swimming related injuries less than 24 hours in!
Think it will all end badly with them trying to out-testosterone each other until someone loses a testicle.
Also think the should eat the long haired one - all he has done is moan and offer to pee on someone's face.

expatinscotland Mon 05-May-14 23:25:30

The doc is the brightest one among them, and he has a steep learning curve, believe me.

VERY cavalier about water. I can't believe anyone would be that dense.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now