Telegraph are reporting SCD to be hosted by Tess and Claudia

(44 Posts)
Sunnymeg Sun 04-May-14 19:09:09

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/strictly-come-dancing/10807602/Strictly-Come-Dancing-Tess-Daly-and-Claudia-Winkleman-to-co-host.html

Sorry the link may not work as on phone and I never seem to do it right.

WaitMonkey Sun 04-May-14 20:21:27

I don't watch SCD, and I can't stand Tess Daly. But it certainly would make a change, having two woman presenting a major television program.

NCFTTB Sun 04-May-14 20:24:07

I hope so!

Bowlersarm Sun 04-May-14 20:25:30

I hope not! Can't bear Claudia.

sad Get rid of Tess, she is awful. It doesn't need a presenter anyway. We all know the ropes now.

SirChenjin Sun 04-May-14 20:31:02

Oh God no - not Tess Daly. Get that awful woman off t'telly.

Claudia would be good, but perhaps she could appear sober occasionally? grin

bakingaddict Sun 04-May-14 20:32:51

Tess is really wooden when she takes the lead presenter role. I like Claudia but the two of these together are not that good a pairing.

It has nothing to do with needing a lead male presenter but finding another woman who has more natural charisma than Tess.

WildThong Sun 04-May-14 20:32:54

Paxman is looking for a new gig
grin

TheSpottedZebra Sun 04-May-14 20:33:22

I love Claudia!

If it's true, do you think that Tess will be Top Dog, and Claudia will have to simper and flirt with her, or is that only for m/f partnerships?

TheSpottedZebra Sun 04-May-14 20:33:51

( TV partnerships)

I would rather have Paxo than any more of Tess.

did I dream it or was there something about Rob Brydon being considered?

hairybabysmumagain Sun 04-May-14 20:36:36

That's great! Aside from if you like Tess or Claudia or not I think it's fab that they will go with 2 women presenters for a flagship programme. I was convinced they would bring in a bloke to be the senior partner to whichever woman they went with.

WildThong Sun 04-May-14 20:37:33

I just hope it isn't Miranda or Claire Baulding (sp) as they seem to be the bbc's 'go to' gals at the moment.

SirChenjin Sun 04-May-14 20:37:38

Graham Norton would be fab for this - something as camp as SCD needs someone on the flamboyant side

cingolimama Sun 04-May-14 20:41:53

Why do people hate Tess Daly? Don't understand it. She put up with an enormous amount of crap - flirting and not-funny jokes and asides from Bruce Forsyth for years - and dealt with it with grace and good humour. She has warmth and elegance. Really, what's not to like?

cingolimama Sun 04-May-14 20:42:47

I agree, though Sir, Graham would be fab! Actually, Graham and Tess would be sensational!

NCFTTB Sun 04-May-14 20:55:49

I think Claudia is great! When she did it instead of Bruce, it was so much better.

Tess Daly is very wooden, and comes across as not very warm. She was described as 'dead behind the eyes' I think.

Oh and she loses points from me for being married to that arse Vernon Kay.

TheSpottedZebra Sun 04-May-14 21:50:40

Ooh, I second the dead behind the eyes comment, Sparkling.

Did you see her on that I can't believe it's not Blankety Blank programme last night? Corpse-like. So useless that she made Kian Egan look like a sparkling, erudite wit.

The Rob Brydon thing Zebra? No I didn't see it-I can only imagine. sad

SirChenjin Sun 04-May-14 22:03:15

Tess is one of those people who smiles with her mouth, not her eyes. I have a feeling that she would stab you in the back without even blinking and step over your corpse if she didn't like you.

Davros Sun 04-May-14 22:07:26

I think its great to have two women doing it, don't particularly care for either of them. I think it's on its last legs, I predict they will do one or maybe two more series and it will be dumped. The double women will be blamed. Mark my words!

SirChenjin Sun 04-May-14 22:14:15

They will be blamed because Tess is crap wink

toastandmarmiterocks Sun 04-May-14 22:19:40

Davros I think you are right. I can't stand Tess and yes yes to the dead behind the eyes comment. I do like Claudia but I'm worried she will be too annoying. They need some fresh new talent, it would be good to have someone who can actually dance. Brucie was passed his sell by date from the start but at least he knew about the actual steps & I liked his convos with Len.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now