ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Orphan Black season 2

(32 Posts)
anonacfr Wed 30-Apr-14 23:18:30

Hands up if you love Felix!

The musical rehearsal was fab. Despite the crazy lyrics it's apparently a real musical and the singers were actually the real Toronto cast.

Alison is just hilarious. Buying a gun off that teenager and then asking how his mother is? Such an Alison thing to do. And the kidnapping scene had me crying with laughter.

I find it amazing that the lead actress not only plays clones but also plays the clones impersonating each other and still manages to keep all the idiosyncrasies and quirk of all of them.
Apparently in real life she 'is' Cosima.

TerrariaMum Thu 01-May-14 08:49:14

Wait, when and where was it on? I just finished series 1 and was blown away so I must see the second. Also, yes, love Felix immensely.

TerrariaMum Thu 01-May-14 08:50:44

Eta just found it. Will return to thread when I have watched it.

anonacfr Thu 01-May-14 09:14:16

Felix is genius.

The actor seems a really sweet guy- best bit is that I read the line 'fetch me something gay' last season (when Alison wakes him up and he asks her to get him something to wear) was ad libbed... grin

Appletini Thu 01-May-14 09:18:54

Oh my goodness I didn't know it was back on - so happy thanks for the heads up

Kaluki Thu 01-May-14 13:25:11

NOOOOO!! I've missed it!
When is it I and what channel?

TerrariaMum Thu 01-May-14 13:32:01

Kaluki, don't panic. On iPlayer right now. I just finished it this second. Agree with OP about Maslany's abilities but don't want to spoil anyone.

TerrariaMum Thu 01-May-14 18:53:41

bumping this up in case others haven't seen it.

vrtra Thu 01-May-14 20:00:55

Oh gosh so excited to watch this, have to wait till Saturday

TulipOHare Fri 02-May-14 13:46:27

I LOVE this show! We watched all of season 1 last week and were on tenterhooks waiting for S2 grin

Tatiana Maslany is just brilliant.

anonacfr Sat 03-May-14 09:57:40

I was going to say they're all brilliant but then realised she plays all of them... grin

LeapingOverTheWall Sat 03-May-14 10:21:14

do we think Felix is a "clone" as well - he's very similar in looks to Sarah? (obviously he can't be an actual clone but as we still don't know exactly what's going on, it's possible).

TulipOHare Sat 03-May-14 11:08:07

grin anona

Yes, I completely buy them all as separate people. Reminds me a bit of Enver Gjokaj in Dollhouse in terms of tour-de-force acting.

KarinMurphy Mon 05-May-14 20:37:35

Oh awesome. Just spotted this was back. Felix in the arseless chaps in the nightclub was adorable.

I really have to go and find out more about that musical. It's hard to believe it's a real thing. smile

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Tue 06-May-14 14:24:56

I started watching this. I haven't watched season 1. I'm going to be clueless, aren't i?

LeapingOverTheWall Tue 06-May-14 15:09:35

you do really need to go back to the beginning to have any idea of what's happening I think smile.

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Tue 06-May-14 16:49:30

I thought as much!

TerrariaMum Sat 10-May-14 13:21:29

First series is out on DVD. DH got it for me for my birthday.

SilveryMoon Mon 12-May-14 11:19:22

Brilliant show and the main actress is amazing! The clones are all so different and she does it so so well. My favourite is Alison. I also think Sarah's accent is good, most of the time.

anonacfr Tue 13-May-14 16:11:37

I think Alison is everyone's favourite she is so brilliantly neurotic.

My sister is on US schedule she's just seen the fourth episode and told me it was amaaaaaaazing. I am annoyed.

SilveryMoon Wed 28-May-14 22:16:13

Do we know who Sarah's monitor is? How great would it be if it were Felix? Do we know it's Mrs S?

TheEnchantedForest Sun 01-Jun-14 11:37:45

This is an amazing show. Love it.
My favourite is Sarah though Alison is fab-missed her this week but looks like she's back next episode.

TheEnchantedForest Sun 01-Jun-14 11:41:44

I thought Sarah didn't have a monitor because they lost track of her? leekie didn't know who she was in the first series.

EatShitDerek Sun 01-Jun-14 18:18:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SilveryMoon Sun 01-Jun-14 19:02:30

Right, must have missed or forgotten that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now