Good Wife UK thread (NO SPOILERS please)

(326 Posts)
northender Sat 05-Apr-14 21:33:06

Thought I'd start this as I'm not enjoying the other thread now with so many people on it who have seen US episodes.

PennySillin Sat 05-Apr-14 21:35:40

Is it good? I've seen it advertised a few times and have wondered about giving it a go. I have a box set of it on Netflix or Sky Go.

northender Sat 05-Apr-14 21:55:33

I think its fab, probably my favourite programme. Great characters, good short term plots combined with great long term story lines too.

northender Sat 05-Apr-14 21:55:33

I think its fab, probably my favourite programme. Great characters, good short term plots combined with great long term story lines too.

PennySillin Sat 05-Apr-14 22:02:30

I'll give it a go then smile

clairealfie Sat 05-Apr-14 22:56:55

I love love love the Good Wife, it's the only programme my husband and I actively look forward to.

The supporting cast are great; Eli, jacqui, elspeth, micheal j fox, all the odd judges.

minniebar Sat 05-Apr-14 23:17:32

Here! Jumped ship from t'other thread.

northender Sun 06-Apr-14 08:58:33

I think Eli's my favourite character this series so far. I'm having problems deciding where my loyalties lie this series, they're all flawed in some way. I'm disappointed that nothing was made of Alicia's reaction to Peter withdrawing the judge nomination from Diane. Are we to assume she was okay with it, if so that seems out of character to me.
I had more sympathy for Will after Thursdays ep, thought he played it really well.

IncognitoIsMyFavouriteWord Sun 06-Apr-14 20:55:01

Will has no spine.

He should have fought for Alicia if he loves her that much.

Instead he let her walk away and now he just plays the field with the idiot.

I love Eli's vulnerable side.

We need to see more Elsbeth she's fabulous grin

onedev Sun 06-Apr-14 22:05:50

Totally agree North & Incognito! Another massive Good Wife fan here - I'm on the other thread too although haven't seen the US episodes but I generally don't mind a spoiler or 2 grin

PennySillin Sun 06-Apr-14 22:07:09

Well you have started something north on episode 5 already, off to bed to watch some more. I love it!

Hello! Also jumping ship from the other thread. I watched every series up until this one on Netflix so it's killing me to have to wait a week between episodes but I am still pretty furious about the spoilers!

IncognitoIsMyFavouriteWord Fri 11-Apr-14 08:09:36

I was so proud of her last night.

I won't give too much away if some of you haven't seen it yet.

I nearly spat my tea out when I saw Meredith's babies father shock

minniebar Mon 14-Apr-14 13:33:16

Well I would have been surprised IF IT HADN'T ALREADY BEEN GIVEN AWAY ON THE OTHER THREAD!!

Loved, loved, loved the exchange between Alicia and Will after she'd changed outfit. Genius.

BlueSkySunnyDay Mon 14-Apr-14 14:08:47

I am with you on that minnie - I burst out laughing at her last comment...brilliant

northender Wed 16-Apr-14 21:48:43

Have just seen the last episode, enjoyed it. Eli is brilliant, but again, a Kalinda storyline is irritating me. I have no interest in her anymore. Felt sorry for Diane in this one.

BumPotato Wed 16-Apr-14 22:05:52

Kalinda doesn't ever have any chemistry with any of her lovers. And the storylines are daft.

They haven't written anyone major out of GW as far as I can remember, maybe it is time to start if they can't give her any decent storylines.

BuzzardBird Wed 16-Apr-14 22:11:30

It was weird seeing Kalinda in that British Drama recently.

northender Fri 18-Apr-14 08:22:23

Ooh it's all building up nicely isn't it? Loved the scene last night with Will and Peter

Nancy66 Fri 18-Apr-14 09:40:25

Agree re Kalinda. the introduction of Robyn has made her almost defunct. The whole 'mysterious' Kalinda thing never quite worked and it feels like anything the writers try with her (like the husband last series) falls flat

BumPotato Fri 18-Apr-14 09:42:54

Kalinda's best days were back when she and Alicia were friends.

Ifyoubuildit Fri 18-Apr-14 11:43:54

But the bit with Kalinda and Cary spilling the drink was great! I must say everyone is getting on my nerves this series. I don't really care about any of them, there's no kindness or affection between any of them so it makes it hard to get involved.

When Alicia and Will had their chemistry and liked one another it was much easier to get into.

BuzzardBird Fri 18-Apr-14 11:46:55

I agree with the 'soullessness' of it all. Will showing a bit of vulnerability was a nice change.

minniebar Sat 19-Apr-14 13:34:38

I've never really seen the appeal of Cary - but when he grinned at Kalinda at his apartment I went 'Ah, ok!'

BuzzardBird Sat 19-Apr-14 13:47:10

Yes, he does have that grin doesn't he? wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now