DANCE MOMS

(53 Posts)
frogmore6 Tue 25-Mar-14 18:10:47

Would love to know if anyone is watching Dance moms and what you think of Abby terrorising kids?

heronsfly Tue 25-Mar-14 18:33:09

Im adicted to Dance Moms blush, my dd2 has danced since she was 2 and I started watching out of interest and now im hooked.
Im not sure about Abby, I think she pushes the girls to the best of their ability, but she is very unfair and shows huge favoritism,I think Chloe is the pick of the bunch grin

temporarilyjerry Tue 25-Mar-14 19:05:16

I love the pyramid; I'm going to do to do this in my year 1 class wink.

heronsfly Tue 25-Mar-14 19:30:48

I think thats a great idea temp, remember,the child whos parent has bought you a gift goes at the top, and the one who has made a complaint is at the bottom.grin

Nocomet Tue 25-Mar-14 19:41:25

DD2 is addicted to that shit. Fortunately she can only watch it by buying the DVDs and she's re watched the first two series until even she's had enough.

Dixy30 Tue 25-Mar-14 19:45:16

Omg I am addicted too...now series 3 is every night at 8pm lifetime is hard to stop!! When does series 4 start in up anyone know? Dying to see the abby/ Kelly brawl! shock Kelly does my head in !

Dinosaursareextinct Tue 25-Mar-14 19:45:34

You can buy dvds? Oh joy. I love Abby. And you notice that the kids do too.

Dinosaursareextinct Tue 25-Mar-14 19:47:49

Had a look at them on Amazon, and they're Region 1 (US), not Region 2 (Europe). V upset now.

ihearttc Tue 25-Mar-14 19:52:01

Im addicted as well...and Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition!

I actually like Nia the best out of all the dances...she seems like she has personality!

malteserzz Tue 25-Mar-14 19:55:14

I love it too ! broadway baby being stuffed was a bit freaky. I had to laugh when she said that maddie had only one facial expression, I've been thinking that for months

Vajazzler Tue 25-Mar-14 19:56:08

I LOVE DANCE MOMS!!!!!!

I love the crazy moms and the fights between ALDC and CADC that Cathy is a bitch!

Tangfasticlady Tue 25-Mar-14 20:00:39

I love this show, definitely my guilty pleasure! I don't have lifetime so tend to watch it on the internet. In season 4 Abby gets worse. I think a lot of it is scripted and edited in order to make it entertaining though. I just enjoy watching the girls dance, especially Chloe and Mackenzie.

kaytola Tue 25-Mar-14 20:03:49

Ah kindred spirits! I love this series. The moms are bloody awful though - all that bitching and backbiting. Jill is the worst. Can't wait to see Kelly and Abby have a punch up!

heronsfly Tue 25-Mar-14 20:05:49

Crab Apple is a bitch, but she appears to be nice to her students untill she kicks them out for next weeks team She must be very well off to be able to employ guest choreographers whenever she feels like it,at least Abby sticks to her team.

Dixy30 Wed 26-Mar-14 21:08:38

I don't really understand the US competitive dance scene - there must be money in it somewhere like beauty pageants for the parents to care so much? And pay so much for costumes and the huge travel costs every week.

Or is the aim Hollywood training ground?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 26-Mar-14 21:25:23

It's the same hereI think, not just in the US.

Ds and I love it, totally addictedgrin

Vajazzler Wed 26-Mar-14 21:28:07

I have no idea what the prize money is like but they spend $$$ on entry fees, costumes, travel and hotel bills not to mention the $60,000 a year they pay Abby!

frogmore6 Thu 27-Mar-14 04:33:21

I think Abby being biased towards Maddie is unfair to the other girls. Chloe and Nia are stars.

frogmore6 Thu 27-Mar-14 04:36:28

There is no prize money in Dance moms. They all hope their kids will end up on Broadway or Hollywood so I guess you can see it as an Investment .

Dinosaursareextinct Thu 27-Mar-14 10:14:10

I don't think dancers on Broadway are paid much at all - people in the West End certainly aren't. Must be more of a status thing.

TheProsAndConsOfHitchhiking Thu 27-Mar-14 10:16:42

I love Dance Moms, Just finished watching s4 e14 then put mn on and seen this! Season 4 is really good so far!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 27-Mar-14 10:51:05

There's money in commercial work presumably, music videos, ads etc.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 27-Mar-14 11:04:27

I find Asia a very odd dancer tbh,I feel very uncomfortable watching her tbh, she's like an MTV dancer in an 8 year old's body.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 27-Mar-14 11:19:52

Why has Abby gone missing?confused

vjg13 Thu 27-Mar-14 12:02:01

Dance Moms is strangely addictive and the kids and I are watching it. I do know what you mean about Asia but the girls do seem lovely although the mums less so! Holly is the most down to earth reasonable one.

Anyone watching Abby's dance competition too? blush one here!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now