TENNIS FANS! New thread -With bouncier balls and clean towels...

(1000 Posts)
Raahh Mon 24-Mar-14 16:13:41

New thread for tennis fans, with or without the ability to watch on tv. Or even live and in person envy [tennis]

<Serves under arm into the net>

(When should we start pestering for our [tennis] back?)

RafaIsTheKingOfClay Sun 11-May-14 19:54:43

I've got it saying 4-4 in the second set.

Maybe we could tie his shoe laces together?

purpleprincess Sun 11-May-14 19:57:56

So looks like he's broken serve at last! And now own service game to love so its 5-4 up. Vamos. Come on!!!!

RafaIsTheKingOfClay Sun 11-May-14 20:03:20

Set point...

<crosses everything>

RafaIsTheKingOfClay Sun 11-May-14 20:03:55

Vamos

RafaIsTheKingOfClay Sun 11-May-14 20:04:52

OK, I need to go to the shop. Try not to screw up the third while I'm gone, Rafa.

RafaIsTheKingOfClay Sun 11-May-14 20:06:00

Hmm... I look like I'm talking to myself there. I mean the Rafa on the court in Madrid, holding the tennis racquet.

Raahh Sun 11-May-14 20:06:09

Right- 6-0. C'mon.

Vamos!

Mama1980 Sun 11-May-14 20:08:30

That's more like it. grin Nice and easy third set now please.
Vamos!

magimedi Sun 11-May-14 20:12:30

C'mon, Rafa - get your fucking finger out & beat this imposter! NOW!!

Raahh Sun 11-May-14 20:15:43

Ds starts his SATS tomorrow.

I'm more worried about Rafa!

grin

Raahh Sun 11-May-14 20:17:00

Just how did Nishikori sneak up and start winning stuff anyway, hmm?

grin

Raahh Sun 11-May-14 20:22:57

Nishikori retired!

Woot. Vamos!

MakeMineaMartina Sun 11-May-14 20:26:18

hit the nail on the head magi saying 'het your fucking finger out'! grin

poor Nishikori, was doing brillianty.

magimedi Sun 11-May-14 20:26:52

Why did he retire??

Vamos, you have vamosed, Rafa!!

RafaIsTheKingOfClay Sun 11-May-14 20:47:16

Well that ended slightly disappointingly while I was out. Thouht I'd get to 'see' the end of the third set.

DramaAlpaca Mon 12-May-14 10:43:56

So have I got this right? Nishikori was winning, then retired & Rafa won?

That's all a bit odd confused

I missed it all because I was up in Belfast watching the bike race.

We should be getting our [tennis] balls back soon with Roland Garros coming up.

We only have the bike because of the Giro d'Italia coming to Ireland for the first time ever. I gather it'll disappear again when the Giro ends on 1st June - by which time we will definitely have our [tennis] back smile

Mama1980 Mon 12-May-14 12:38:49

Kinda drama, the end of the second set was great (nishikori had had a very quick treatment but seemed fine) both playing very well rafa seemed to remember how to play tennis and won the set. Then nishikori had treatment for longer and seemed hardly able to move when he came out for the third, limped literally on for 10 more minutes but he just couldn't do anything.
Both seemed very upset, nishikori because of injury and nadal as he wanted to play on and win if he could properly.

DramaAlpaca Mon 12-May-14 13:22:20

What a shame. Not a nice situation for either of them sad

Raahh Tue 13-May-14 12:33:28

Afternoon, everyone.

I spent most of yesterday asleep- as the pain in my eye turned into a humdinger of a migraine by Sunday midnight. I am just starting to feel a bit less fuzzy headed.

I am disappointed Dogs lost, but i suppose Tsonga has to win sometimes!

Read about the Rafa/Kei final- seems the crowd was very partisan and not very pleasant towards Nishikori. Rafa said after it was not how he would have wanted to win. Unfortunately, it's how the game pans out sometimes.

Djok and Stan up this afternoon- I'm sure Stan will hope to do better than in Madrid.

DramaAlpaca Tue 13-May-14 14:52:45

Many sympathies Raahh. Hope you are feeling better. Migraines are not fun as I know all too well.

Here's some flowers to cheer you up & a nice cup of brew as well.

Raahh Tue 13-May-14 14:59:48

thanks Drama- i seem to be getting them far more frequently- for about 10 years they had been just menstrual ones. I fear it may be may age grin (although I've had migraines of one sort or another since I was about 10).

Anyway, I feel much better now, which is good. Felt really guilty yesterday, was ds's first day of SATS and I was barely awake to find out how he thought he'd done!

DramaAlpaca Tue 13-May-14 15:08:53

I'm pretty sure mine are hormonal. They started when I was about 13, and the only time I was free of them for any length of time was when I was either pregnant or breastfeeding, which of course is not exactly a long term solution!

Fortunately, with age mine seem to be a lot less frequent. I haven't had one for months now <<touch wood>> and when I do they are not as severe. I'm hoping it stays that way. I usually find if I take painkillers the instant I even sense I might get one, they don't develop. Unfortunately sometimes when I'm busy I miss the signs & by the time the headache has got going it's too late to stop it in its tracks sad. Nasty things.

Raahh Tue 13-May-14 15:26:09

They are nasty- and I agree- being pregnant is not a long term solutiongrin- though it was nice to be rid of them for a few months at a time!

Raahh Wed 14-May-14 15:44:19

oh dear, Federer, not the result he would have wanted. Maybe he should have stayed home with the babies for a bit longer!

[tennis]

DramaAlpaca Wed 14-May-14 15:48:01

I don't expect he's been getting much sleep! grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.