TENNIS FANS! New thread -With bouncier balls and clean towels...

(1000 Posts)
Raahh Mon 24-Mar-14 16:13:41

New thread for tennis fans, with or without the ability to watch on tv. Or even live and in person envy [tennis]

<Serves under arm into the net>

(When should we start pestering for our [tennis] back?)

Raahh Tue 25-Mar-14 19:05:12

<sigh>

Ferrer lostsad

[tennis]

JuanPotatoTwo Tue 25-Mar-14 19:05:39

Nishikori through on third set tiebreaker.

Mama, dd good thanks. Back to Bangkok tomorrow and then on to NZ. She sent me a pic earlier of her and her friend in the sea - looked absolutely beautiful. As did the two of them - figures to die for or what?

Zygons I heard Andrew too but didn't realise it was a permanent change? Looking on the bright side, maybe this will keep him away from tennis commentary?

LetZygonsbeZygons Tue 25-Mar-14 19:08:25

Juan I thought he was just standing in for SB but noooooo.

switched my allegiance to 'magic' now!!!!

thing is his tennis commentary is once ina while, the radio is 5 days a week!!!!

and his voice is forever on the Andy murray match point at Wimbledon!

LetZygonsbeZygons Tue 25-Mar-14 19:09:24

not jealous of your DD juan travelling the world envy !!

JuanPotatoTwo Tue 25-Mar-14 19:24:47

No me neither zygons. Not jealous of the blue skies, blue seas, heat, no cooking, lots of drinking and lots of laughs. Not jealous at all. Pah. Oh well, at least if I get a stomach bug I can be ill in my own toilet - got to be optimistic about these things smile

Raahh Tue 25-Mar-14 19:26:35

She must be having a great time juan, despite the earlier setbacks.

Shrieky has beaten Kvitova. Funny how the women, however good they are, so often lose sets 6-0hmm.

Raahh Tue 25-Mar-14 19:28:08

Time for Stan and Dogs now.

Really need to tidy up.

LetZygonsbeZygons Tue 25-Mar-14 19:39:04

Raah yet they still want the same prize money.

sorry, but the women just cant cut it as much as the men.

maybe Serena could JUST, and tbh there are a few of the men who appear a bit wimpy but you're right, too many bagels in the womens game (and Im not talking about the food!)too many injuries, not enough to go 5 sets at all.

Raahh Tue 25-Mar-14 19:45:08

The equal prize money annoys me so much- especially when the men play best of 5. They may believe they are working just as hard- but there is no comparison between a 5 set match that can last hours- and a best of 3 that can be over in less than half an hour[hmm.

I always bring up the Isner/Mahut wimbledon epic- as the loser, Mahut will have received as much as a losing first round womens first rounder. Many of whom lost in way less than an hour. Absolutely barmy.

JuanPotatoTwo Tue 25-Mar-14 19:45:47

Eewww, close-up of trainer bandaging of bollock's big toe!

Raahh Tue 25-Mar-14 19:48:00

Noooo- what's happened to his toe?

JuanPotatoTwo Tue 25-Mar-14 19:49:58

Dogs Bollocks leading 5-1 in first set. Stan has an Adam Ant stripe of sunblock across his nose.

Raahh Tue 25-Mar-14 19:50:00

From the scoreline, he doesn't seem too hampered?

Tsonga didn't start so well.

Raahh Tue 25-Mar-14 19:50:40

Is Stan's shirt ironed? (this is vital information, obvs)

JuanPotatoTwo Tue 25-Mar-14 19:51:11

Just a blister * Raahh*. He seemed to be enjoying the treatment - lots of smiling and I'm sure I heard him tell the physio "you're really into this!"

Raahh Tue 25-Mar-14 19:51:55

grin

LetZygonsbeZygons Tue 25-Mar-14 19:53:46

Stans clothes never look ironed do they? they look like they've come straight from his suitcase onto his body!

LetZygonsbeZygons Tue 25-Mar-14 19:54:34

LOve the Djoker, hes got a brill sense of humour.

Raahh Tue 25-Mar-14 19:55:26

It's a bit like when i put the dcs polo shirts on them, straight from the packet. And you can see the tell-tale foldsgrin

I bet Roger is anal about ironing. grin

LetZygonsbeZygons Tue 25-Mar-14 19:56:14

whwres the Djok match? sky are showing the Tsonga and the Stan matches on the red button?

Raahh Tue 25-Mar-14 19:59:41

The Djok match has finished hasn't it? He beat Robredo? Don't know about the red button, I'm just refreshing the screengrin

JuanPotatoTwo Tue 25-Mar-14 20:00:47

Stan been broken twice in this set. Looks like something is bothering him.

Raahh Tue 25-Mar-14 20:03:42

Maybe he left a price tag in his shirt?

purpleprincess Tue 25-Mar-14 20:06:44

Boo hoo don't get sky (annoyingly you can't get Sky 3 on its own I don't think and that's the one that shows ATP). But hurrah Stan seems to have pulled it back.....have to watch WTA on BT sport in the meantime zzzzzz

JuanPotatoTwo Tue 25-Mar-14 20:06:56

First set to Dog's. Can you imagine learning to spell your name if your surname was Dogopolov or Wawrinka? Ds3 struggles still with his name and his first name has three letters and our surname has only four.

This thread is not accepting new messages.