Is anyone going to watch the new serie of Game of thrones SPOILERS *edited by MNHQ*

(33 Posts)
bakingNot856 Tue 18-Mar-14 18:07:17

Does anyone watch game of thrones and have you also read the books. I have read the books and even though love the tv serie still perfer the books. I was one of those sad people waiting for the next book. Everyone seems to love the tv show yet when I use to tell people the books were great. It was like sad fantasy geek is off again. So who perfers the books to the tv or am I alone?

McFlurry Tue 18-Mar-14 21:20:47

I met John Bradley (Samwell) and Hannah Murray (Gilly) as DD's scenes were with them. Also several of the Nights Watch guys but I'm rubbish with names. To be honest, I was most starstruck by meeting the director Michelle McLaren as she was exec producer of my other TV obsession, Breaking Bad. She was lovely too, as was David Nutter who directed the other episode we were on set for.

Everything I really hope that doesn't happen. I wouldn't watch if it did and would have to wait for the hooks to come out first. GRRM has said he is still hopefull he will finish the boom before then. hmm
Oh wow McFlurry I bet that was brilliant! I'm a huge brba fan too.
Has your daughter done another tv work ?

McFlurry Tue 18-Mar-14 21:59:02

No, no other TV work. I only put her forward for GoT because we're such huge fans and because the opportunity arose when she was exactly what they were looking for. I've no plans to make it a regular thing. Cool story for her when she's older although I won't let her watch GoT until she's 40 much older grin

bakingNot856 Wed 19-Mar-14 18:02:32

Wow McFlurry that's fantastic. Glad to know GRRM has idea of ending planed.

bakingNot856 Thu 20-Mar-14 09:03:49

Does anyone else who reads the books think why did they have to change Robb's wife and she doesn't die in books. Plus would have lived Catelyn to have lived as books but actress says thats her ended.Think I am reading wrong book this series is based on the second book. I am confused.

MeanAndMeaslyMiddleAges Sat 22-Mar-14 22:30:32

I remember seeing Lena Heady tweet goodbye to Catelyn the day the Red Wedding Episode was shown, saying how great it has been working with Michelle, how they were such good friends, how she'll miss her...

I reckon it was all an elaborate bluff to mislead people who have only read the books.

I think Stoneheart will be in it. Otherwise they wouldn't have bothered showing Beric beung brought back in series 3. It doesn't have an impact on any other story lines, so I hope they follow the books. I was more shocked to read that than the RW.

bakingNot856 Sun 23-Mar-14 11:49:56

Have re read book 2 and 3 so we are near end of book 3. How are they going to make a whole series out whats left I dont know. If go into book 4 will have to go in book 5 as they concurrently. Then GRRM in trouble the speed he writes at. A snail would be quicker. Sorry gave spoilers away.
Does anyone else have a theory of who Jon's parents are mine is Prince Rhaegar and Lyanna love child.
Forgot how bad RW is in books. Catelyn grief at losing Robb you can almost taste it. And in books Robb's wife is pregnant so his line is dead.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now