The big reunion 2014. anyone watching?

(76 Posts)
LetZygonsbeZygons Fri 21-Feb-14 18:22:20

I wasn't going to but after the brilliant Henry Vlll prog on channel 5 I was channel hopping and caught this prog.

Kavana, Gareth,Dane,etc etc. did anyone NOT have a decadent time and phase during their 15 mins of fame?

like the Beiber today.

cant stand any of the people on last night btw but it was interesting to see how far/down/ they've come.

next weeks looks good as its 3T the Jackson kids.

LetZygonsbeZygons Fri 28-Mar-14 16:51:02

Anyone else have a little sob?

I did with 3T !

and Kavana was allright on the night, good for him.

girl thing were better than I thought theyd be,

esther modest and humble as always!

made me miss the days when I was in a band, I miss the performing, I could feel their adrenaline.

Chunderella Thu 27-Mar-14 14:21:58

I hope they do a 3rd series! It's weird, I was more of a guitar music type in the 90s and early 00s, never really liked most of the bands featured. Except Eternal. But I've really enjoyed both. I guess if you wait long enough, nostalgia makes everything interesting. Am thinking East 17 and Steps would be dramatic. And I bet the Vengaboys would do it too. God, they were awful. If I find myself tapping along to any of their shit, that's when I'll know I'm not young anymore.

LetZygonsbeZygons Wed 26-Mar-14 19:23:39

its the last one tomoz isn't it?

wonder how Kavana will be.

girl thing just seem desperate except for Jodi whos done good with Kian.

iloveweetos Wed 26-Mar-14 17:51:06

Absolutely love 3t. Girl thing and 5th story are definitely expecting too much out of this. Expect nothing and you aren't disappointed is how they should've entered this. Kinda sad watching kavana cos I really like him! The girl thing member from Manchester (can't get my head around their names!) I hope she really gets something from this. Out of all them she's really living in the past and has a lot to get over. I want the one with pink/blonde hair to make some effort tho sheesh!
Love damage! So weird tho cos rahsaan (i think) worked in my old secondary school!

Chunderella Wed 26-Mar-14 17:42:52

They do, and so does Kelle. Like none of them have aged a bit. Snooty or not (and fwiw I wonder if some of it is social awkwardness) I still love Eternal. If you listen to them singing I Wanna Be The Only One, and then listen to some of the others, it's almost comical how vast the gulf is. Esther can sing. Of course she knows it. So would I, with pipes like that!

Trojanhouse Wed 26-Mar-14 17:39:16

Esther and her sister look good though

Chunderella Wed 26-Mar-14 17:33:20

Might be the long hair? She mostly wore it short during Eternal, had a crop in the early days.

SpanishFly Wed 26-Mar-14 13:16:39

"Dane even outdid ME." "Oh, no, I wouldnt say that." - quotes of the series so far! They are so up themselves it's terrifying. The fact they won a MOBO seems to make them far superior to the others.

I still cant understand what it is about Vernie (Esther?) that looks so totally different.

Muddlewitch Sun 23-Mar-14 16:56:08

Let Loose! I loved 'Crazy for you.'

LetZygonsbeZygons Sat 22-Mar-14 18:55:05

Big Fun, anyone? grin and [groan] emoticon! any of those awful PWL groups, Id rather jack than Fleetwood mac girls etc etc.

spookyskeleton Sat 22-Mar-14 18:38:51

They are touring with the Backstreet Boys (so maybe not that famous wink )

Amandine29 Sat 22-Mar-14 18:15:22

Well that's another one off the list then!

Tbh anyone else I can think of wouldn't be worth watching.

spookyskeleton Sat 22-Mar-14 18:10:53

All Saints have reunited already - they are supporting someone famous on tour (I forget who now).

The Brits thing just shows the gulf between Jodi and the rest of them because she got lucky and married a big popstar

BookFairy Sat 22-Mar-14 17:50:35

Just found this thread! I caught up with Big Reunion this afternoon. Kavana is so troubled. I really don't see 5th Storey making it past the first gig.

Jodie from Girl Thing amuses me greatly - "oh the Brits are invite only - I would take you if I could, girls!" <clearly lying through her back teeth>

Amandine29 Sat 22-Mar-14 17:43:05

What about E17, All Saints (not going to happen), Savage Garden, Vengaboys, Hanson (I think they might still be going actually)...

There's not many bands left to pick from really.

Amandine29 Sat 22-Mar-14 17:29:20

Agree Eternal sisters are a bit snooty. They did a good job of covering it before they reunited with Kelle though. Until that point I thought it was 50/50 but in rehearsals they haven't come across well.

Also agree no way Hearsay would be on it. Surprised S Club 7 haven't already been on really. I did think what about S Club Juniors, but with two of them in the Saturdays that isn't going to happen.

spookyskeleton Sat 22-Mar-14 17:23:39

Hearsay would be good but no way Kym Marsh and Myleene K would do it as they are too successful elsewhere.

SClub 7 seem perfect though.

Need some bands who had some drama at the end of their career for good tv wink

LetZygonsbeZygons Sat 22-Mar-14 17:18:12

who were last years? I remember (buti didn't watch it) Atomic kitten, blue, b'witched, 911, five?

and if theres a next series who's left to reunite?

I can only think of s club 7 and hearsay!

spookyskeleton Sat 22-Mar-14 17:13:58

I totally agree that Lindsey and Kav are very similar in terms of their lives since their pop 'success'. Kav, in particular, seems to think he was better/more successful than he actually he was and has spent the last 15 years trying to recapture that and feeling he is above the gigs etc. I do feel sorry for him as he is severely f*cked up sad

The 2 sisters in Eternal are proper stuck up aren't they? Not at all likeable and can see now why Kelle hated it first time round wink

Love A1 though they haven't been shown much - clearly talented singers, more talented than their 'boyband ' roots let on.

Amandine29 Sat 22-Mar-14 15:07:44

They've both made bad choices and have very similar personalities. Neither of them seem capable of sorting out their own life after being manufactured for what little success they did have. I do think Lindsay would be in the same position she is now if she hadn't have been in Girl Thing. Maybe Kav would have had a 'normal' life and job.

It's not nice to watch but I can't feel much sympathy for either of them.

Aggression as a defence, alcohol problems, living in the past...recipe for disaster.

LetZygonsbeZygons Sat 22-Mar-14 11:20:43

have to log off now, need to see to DC! couldn't get internet connection last night at all, may have to change to days! try and see you all later!

LetZygonsbeZygons Sat 22-Mar-14 11:14:55

Thing is are they too proud to try and get a 'normal' job?

Kav seems ungrateful that he gets gigs at working mens clubs/pubs and stuff yet he should be grateful?

how many pop stars don't keep being successful and have to get a normal job and normal life?

its very sad.

Amandine29 Sat 22-Mar-14 11:05:35

He is just like Lindsey in Girl Thing, you're right. And I don't think it's going to turn out well for either of them, unfortunately.

LetZygonsbeZygons Sat 22-Mar-14 10:57:26

agree, just think as he was a solo artist he cant get his head round being part of a group aND PROBABLY DISILLUSIONED THAT HE WAS A BIGGER POP STAR IN HIS DAY THAN HE REALLY WAS -bloody caps lock- cant be bothered typing all over again!

plus as his life fell apart hes like the girl in girl thing and is desperate for some money/fulfilment/self esteem?

maybe iM over analysing .

Amandine29 Sat 22-Mar-14 10:52:43

I think I would be pretty pissed off with Kavana if he was behaving like that. When you're in a band you're not just ruining your own chances of a career but everyone else's as well...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now