The big reunion 2014. anyone watching?

(76 Posts)
LetZygonsbeZygons Fri 21-Feb-14 18:22:20

I wasn't going to but after the brilliant Henry Vlll prog on channel 5 I was channel hopping and caught this prog.

Kavana, Gareth,Dane,etc etc. did anyone NOT have a decadent time and phase during their 15 mins of fame?

like the Beiber today.

cant stand any of the people on last night btw but it was interesting to see how far/down/ they've come.

next weeks looks good as its 3T the Jackson kids.

Watto1 Fri 07-Mar-14 17:40:35

I forgot it was on! Does anyone know when it is repeated?

misstiredbuthappy Fri 07-Mar-14 17:42:44

I felt a bit sorry for her seems they all have great lives an lots of money an shes the opposite (think her names lyndsey) she kept saying she neeeded it to work bless her. Can see where shes coming from.

Amandine29 Fri 07-Mar-14 18:27:40

That Lindsay was awful, you could see her getting more and more pissed as the conversation went on. Their reunion looks like a disaster waiting to happen.

LetZygonsbeZygons Fri 07-Mar-14 18:46:58

and apparently next week Eternal are asked where Loiuse is!! this should be interesting.

Kavanagh- seemed very distant too didn't he? does Gareth Gates have something against him or something?

Watto1 Sat 08-Mar-14 16:35:53

I've caught up now. Oh dear, I've counted again and there ARE 24 of them blush I thought that Damage only had 4 members, not 5. Oops!

Chunderella Mon 10-Mar-14 13:57:26

I've been watching and enjoying too, also viewed last year's on youtube during this series. Trash tv at its finest. Girl Thing were a really odd but interesting choice- I remember all the hype about them. I wonder how much of the Kavana stuff is being exaggerated, like they said he's homeless? But he's clearly earning some money so presumably he could rent something, even just a room, if he wanted?

squoosh Mon 10-Mar-14 15:37:26

Girl Thing are fascinating. Never heard of them before this but they're a good example of failed marketing hype. They had so much money thrown at them!

The one who is married to the guy from Westlife hasn't aged a day. Lindsay is a stroppy cow but how must it feel to for her to compare her life to theirs.

Chunderella Mon 10-Mar-14 16:06:19

Well, two of them seem to be very well off, although only Jodi had any actual success in the business. And both of them married it, which is always less impressive than getting it for yourself. The pink one and the Dutch one both seem to have ordinary enough lives- comfortable enough, but as close to Lindsay's as to Jodi's. I see your point though. She was no less talented or attractive than the others.

Amandine29 Mon 10-Mar-14 19:19:00

Surely it's partly her personality that has put her in that position? She's not exactly likeable, is she? She also seems very impulsive and angry.

Of course you can't deny Jodi marrying Kian from Westlife has helped her out a lot.

Chunderella Mon 10-Mar-14 19:46:33

Well obviously what we've seen is heavily edited, but I didn't think Nikki came across particularly well either. She doesn't seem to take any responsibility at all for what happened. Linzi clearly has problems with drink, she said that herself, but I believe she's also had a child with a lot of health needs? Coping with that as a single parent would cripple many of us financially.

Also I've just realised my post above should have said 'as close to Michelle's as to Jodi's.' I thought my knowledge of trashy 90s pop was superb, but clearly I need to brush up!

Amandine29 Mon 10-Mar-14 22:50:00

Which one's Nikki again? The one who lives in America?

With the possible exception of Jodi, none of them particularly came over well. Stuck in the past.

Chunderella Wed 12-Mar-14 12:28:32

Yes. It took me a while to work all the names out too!

Amandine29 Thu 13-Mar-14 22:44:24

Damage are so dull. And did they really call Emma Bunton the Spice Girl's lead vocalist? confused

LetZygonsbeZygons Fri 14-Mar-14 18:29:41

oh Damage were yawnsome! what was the point of them? talk about daggers at dawn. and yes apparently Emmas the lead singer in spice girls!!!

and the sisters in Eternal looked positively bored and above themselves didn't they? that vocal coach was saying shed heard they were right divas.

and the Dane/Gareth/ etc boy band should concentrate on the songs, nothing wrong with just standing there and letting the dancers do the dancing!

Looking forward to seeing Tito Jackson next week.

spookyskeleton Sat 15-Mar-14 13:08:14

Just caught up with the last 2 episodes. Have I missed something but I am sure I remember Kav coming out to the others in the first episode when they were all sat in the bar confused

Decided I don't like the sisters in Eternal, they seem to think a lot of themselves!

And I am very envy of Jodi's house grin

SpanishFly Mon 17-Mar-14 17:49:05

Just catching up with the last couple of episodes. The Eternal sisters are coming across as really Mean Girls. They seem quite bullying. And one of them looks very different now, strangely.

Chunderella Mon 17-Mar-14 18:41:04

Vernie looks quite different. She's aged very well, she's absolutely gorgeous.

AClassyMove Mon 17-Mar-14 18:51:39

I have recorded some of this, and watched a little.

Gareth Gates has nobody other than his own lies to thank for his downfall. It was recoverable if he slept with a pregnant KP for his PR to deal with at the time, to lie about it was his downfall later on.

Girl thing are an interesting bunch. As has been said Lyndsey sounds like she has always been one of lives fighters and has needed to be. I am looking forward to learning more about that group.

LetZygonsbeZygons Mon 17-Mar-14 19:00:30

I find Esther from eternal really overly full of herself, does anyone else?

and agree about Gareth and his lies.

SpanishFly Tue 18-Mar-14 09:20:21

Yeah I agree re Esther. They seem very bullying. And poor Kellie seems to have lapped up everything they said, but my gut feeling is they don't give a shit about her at all

SpanishFly Tue 18-Mar-14 09:21:26

And what was Corey from Damage arguing about? What did he tell his band mate that he "fobbed off"?

SpanishFly Tue 18-Mar-14 09:37:29

Jade and Emma are adorable - they seem besotted with each other. jealous

LetZygonsbeZygons Tue 18-Mar-14 17:43:25

yes Jade and Emma are a lovely couple and one of those rare ones that are still together. very sweet.

scully81 Fri 21-Mar-14 16:30:25

Having watched this weeks, I think I might have a small crush on Adam Rickett - what a nice lad!!! kavana seems to have alot of issues and it made uncomfortable viewing watching him, pissed out of his head arguing with lovely Adam. It's certainly a world away from the kavana I loved when I was 16!! I don't really like Eternal, they are coming across very arrogant and like they are above everyone else, well except kellie, she always seemed sweet. damage are a bit zzzzz but A1, I actually can't wait to see more of them! Wasn't a fan back in the day but their songs are very catchy, and Take on me is my all time favourite song. (original version though!).
Can't really remember Girl thing but I hope they aren't getting their hopes up too much. I really like Jodi though, she seems like a really lovely girl xx

Amandine29 Fri 21-Mar-14 17:22:30

Kavana's decline is very uncomfortable viewing. Like Kavana, some of the girls from Girl Thing are clearly hoping this will be their return to showbiz. It's quite awkward to watch really.

Agree Adam Rickett seemed sweet, I always want to call him Nick though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now