Yay! Sewing Bee is back!

(778 Posts)
Roussette Mon 17-Feb-14 13:43:46

Does anyone else watch it? Or is it just me...

I love it because it reminds me of another life when I used to sew (before the DC's came along and before I lost the footpedal to my sewing machine in a house move).

The contestants are just so talented and I like the beardy man judge too. Anyone else?

Ellisisland Mon 17-Feb-14 13:45:41

Oh yay when does it start? I hope they do more episodes this time. Last series was way too short

Roussette Mon 17-Feb-14 13:57:14

It's tomorrow (tue) 8pm BBC2 I think. It's just such a gentle series isn't it

I like too! Patrick whatshisname is absolutely beautiful!

nipersvest Mon 17-Feb-14 14:17:17

looking forward to tuesday. i got to interview stuart hillard a few months ago, here

Yes, I love it too. It must be so hard to make stuff in the time limits.

I told dh that Patrick is totally my type - hot and lives fabric grin

loves

Roussette Mon 17-Feb-14 14:29:54

Can't wait! Sewing machine on standay - I'm bound to get all inspired.

Roussette Mon 17-Feb-14 14:32:01

I am looking forward to Jenni who loves making 'crazy' shirts for her husband and Tamara who is Vivienne Westwood meets Helena Bonham Carter !

chickydoo Mon 17-Feb-14 14:35:33

My friend is a contestant. Will be crossing everything for her!

Roussette Mon 17-Feb-14 14:41:16

Oh wow Chicky... I have a friend who I have urged to apply to go on the programme, she is just so talented. I was out with her at the weekend and she was wearing a huge statement necklace made out of different leather flowers and beads that she made - yet she thinks is isn't talented. Hope your friend does well.

BobaFetaCheese Mon 17-Feb-14 14:43:35

Cheers OP! Look forward to it. Just wish they had a better presenter (not a fan of Claudia Winkleman).

Roussette Mon 17-Feb-14 16:16:45

No nor me... she reminds me of Kevin of kevin and perry fame... hair in her face and too long sleeves.

Davros England Mon 17-Feb-14 23:50:40

Love this programme, looking forward to it. I've been going to sewing lessons once a week since January, partly influenced by GBSB (and thinking I can save money with easy repairs). I also do not like Claudia Winkleman, I don't understand how she's got to where she is with her repetitive face licking and "look at your little face", ugh! I had to stop watching Film 2014 etc which I used to love

Perhaps chicky could ask her friend to just trim Claudia's fringe. That would be an improvement.

HectorVector Tue 18-Feb-14 06:34:34

Marking my place because I've been looking forward to this for months!

5Foot5 Tue 18-Feb-14 12:49:29

Brilliant! I hope the contestants this year are as much fun as last year.

Forago Tue 18-Feb-14 15:18:42

oooo my 9y old ds will be please - he loved watching this last time (random)

Roussette Tue 18-Feb-14 19:29:13

Can't wait... half an hour to go!

At one point, I used to make loads of clothes and pretty crap they were too but the idea was there!

Tabby1963 Tue 18-Feb-14 19:49:21

All primed and ready for it to start with large cuppa, cat and laptop.

Roussette Tue 18-Feb-14 19:56:15

Am looking forward to the creativity of the contestants... wonderful and dapper beardy man oops!

frenchfancy Tue 18-Feb-14 19:56:27

I'm sitting on the sofa next to DD1 while she counts down the minutes.

kelhen Tue 18-Feb-14 20:05:01

Wow Claudia Winkleman actually has eyes!

Roussette Tue 18-Feb-14 20:09:38

and a big fringe!

I wonder who will go off course with this challenge... someone always does!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now