New Nashville on More4 - anyone else watching?

(198 Posts)
BookFairy Thu 06-Feb-14 22:45:58

Such a great show. I'm glad I re-watched the last episode of the previous season as so much is going on!

Trills Thu 06-Feb-14 22:47:31

I like watching the kids turn into real people - like on Homeland.

BookFairy Thu 06-Feb-14 22:55:43

Me too smile I hope the girls sing again soon as their duets were gorgeous last season!

kansasmum Thu 06-Feb-14 23:02:31

So glad this is back on! Loving it so far- looks like it's going to be a great series!

BookFairy Thu 06-Feb-14 23:30:04

The first season was brilliant but I think this one might be even better - darker, more twists/sub-plots. I get a bit confused with the Teddy possible fraud/embezzlement (?) sideline, but the rest is cracking!

Jjou Fri 07-Feb-14 09:27:36

My fave show smile am so happy it's back on. Was pleased too that Rayna's coma didn't span multiple episodes - some shows would drag that bit out for extra drama.
Juliette cracked me up though, and Avery's sideways glances during her performance of Rayna's song were great.

I really enjoyed the episode and want the soundtrack already!!!

BookFairy Sat 08-Feb-14 21:32:58

I'm sure I saw an advert saying that it's out on Monday!

tribpot Sat 08-Feb-14 21:39:47

Have been watching this at US pace but glad it's back on in the UK so we could have an MN thread about it. Which MNer was it who completely hated Rayna in the last series? I don't think she is going to be any fonder in this one grin

That's great - it's my guilty pleasure!

onedev Sat 08-Feb-14 21:50:57

I love it too! Is the younger daughter a new actress this season? She looks different to me.

tribpot Sat 08-Feb-14 21:59:23

No, same actress. But the girls seem significantly older than in the last series, partly because of the long time period between filming.

onedev Sat 08-Feb-14 22:10:01

They do look different, glad it's the same actress though as I hate when actors change!

tribpot Sat 08-Feb-14 23:17:19

They're sisters and singers in a family group in real life, so it'd be a hard one to re-cast!

onedev Sat 08-Feb-14 23:26:47

They're real life sisters?? None of them look alike at all - it's one thing that bugs me about the show as they don't look related at all!!

tribpot Sat 08-Feb-14 23:30:14

Yes, Lennon and Maisy Stella. They do a lovely song with Rayna in the episode that was on in the US last week, I will find a YouTube clip if it doesn't contain too many spoilers.

onedev Sun 09-Feb-14 01:38:19

Thanks Trib. smile

tribpot Sun 09-Feb-14 07:53:39

Here is the YouTube clip but it is slightly spoilery so do decide if you want to look.

onedev Sun 09-Feb-14 08:52:07

Thanks - they're brill!

I forgot that last series had an MN thread! Hello again everyone smile

Loved the whole flashback idea for Deacon and Rayna's past, I've seen that episode 3 times now but they still get me! Especially when you realise that Deacon was drunk when he proposed...

I'm liking the look of the guy who turned up at the end of last season and at Will and Gunnar's party this time around, I hope we see more of him I'm not shallow at all

BookFairy Mon 10-Feb-14 11:02:08

Cool I'm also hoping we see him again! Is he Will's secret ex?

I also thought the flashbacks were great - often shows drag out comas and have lots of gratuitous scenes of weeping at the bedside/beeping machines etc.

BirdyBedtime Tue 11-Feb-14 13:22:00

Maisy and Lennon are brilliant although I noticed that the older one (can't remembe which it is) seems to have ditched the glasses overnight!

Last season DH and I spent an unashamed evening watchin You Tube clips of the 2 of them and they are soooo talented.

PeanutPatty Tue 11-Feb-14 18:07:30

Howdy y'all! Huge Nashville fan here.

Juliette is a piece of work isn't she?

onedev Tue 11-Feb-14 21:33:38

She is, although I do really like Juliette & feel sorry for her as she's so damaged smile

diddl Tue 11-Feb-14 22:01:07

I love Juliette!

Rayna pisses me off!

And Will is just too annoying!

Scarlet & Avery are going to get back together, aren't they?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now