Tough Young Teachers, BBC3 9pm Thursday

(13 Posts)
Queeniethecorgi Thu 09-Jan-14 20:48:03

Anyone going to be watching?

mulberries Thu 09-Jan-14 21:26:45

I'm watching now, I'm actually doing Teach First next year so this is really interesting!

gemdrop84 Thu 09-Jan-14 21:32:32

Im watching, wondering if I could do it!

mulberries Thu 09-Jan-14 21:34:16

I've done some experience in a Teach First school and to be fair, so far they're showing the beginning of term which is pretty tame. It's things like planning lessons which is all new which takes a long time. I'm worried to start but really looking forward to it

soul2000 Thu 09-Jan-14 22:07:18

Poor sods being taught by " JACK WHITEHALL" .

Did he model himself on Jack Whitehall's character from bad Education....

I have never seen such a true representation of a T.V Character.

As for the Business studies Teacher "Well he makes watching paint dry intresting"

"Everybody in this Class is capable of an A*" What a "PLANK".

I'm watching it now and it's making me half wish I could be a teacher but half thankful I'm not! grin

SPsMrLoverManSHABBA Fri 10-Jan-14 01:43:07

I've just watched and my first thought was Jack Whitehall grin

MidnightHag Fri 10-Jan-14 09:03:02

Teach First is a crazy idea. 6 weeks of training FFs? Kids are being short changed.

SuffolkNWhat Fri 10-Jan-14 10:00:52

6 weeks "training" and the majority bugger off into the business world after 2 years hmm

MiaowTheCat Fri 10-Jan-14 12:29:45

Just watched it now - I've got a low opinion on Teach First anyway, and it's done nothing to change that. Mind you - I did teacher training along with a number of the last fad of "cream of the graduates" who were on the fast track programme... their drop out rate during PGCE was way way way above the bog standard students rate.

The kids were actually pretty bloody tame considering some I've taught on supply!

Dustypeas Fri 10-Jan-14 12:34:07

Kids are def being short changed. I'm a teacher and I couldn't believe it when one of them said - what am I going to teach them tomorrow?At the very least you should have a half term overview and detailed weekly plans!

Absolutely clueless!

SuffolkNWhat Mon 20-Jan-14 15:55:51

I had to switch it off. I just could not believe the incompetence allowed in the classroom.

Between teach first and free schools it'll be a wonder in 10 years if we have any properly trained teachers under the age of 30.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now