Birds Of A Feather on ITV

(53 Posts)
PixieFairy Thu 02-Jan-14 21:05:34

Did anyone else watch it? I still found it hilarious! Although I don't remember some - namely Travis. Is Garth now played by Matt Willis?

bruffin Thu 02-Jan-14 21:09:12

Travis played by Pauline Quirkes real son

umiaisha Thu 02-Jan-14 21:09:53

Loved it too! Travis is Tracey's second son, she was pregnant with him when the last series finished.

ItsTrueLefou Thu 02-Jan-14 21:10:56

I thought it was even worse than I remembered it. The inexplicable thing is that PQ is a really good actress. Wtf is she thinking??

MikeLitoris Thu 02-Jan-14 21:12:10

I thought it was a bit cringey but still enjoyed it.

Dd1 loved it.

Loved it. Loved the original and have been waiting years for a comeback. Wasn't expecting much as remakes are always crap but it was great.

It was better than I was expecting to be honest but the quickfire innuendo sounded a bit dated now. Was funny when Dorien got out of the car even if it was completely predictable.

PixieFairy Thu 02-Jan-14 21:14:30

Thanks for filling me in umiaisha. And Boffin too - had no idea Pauline Quirke's son plays him.

I still find Doreen hilarious too - she hasn't changed a bit haha!

umiaisha Thu 02-Jan-14 21:15:57

Dorien is fantastic!

PixieFairy Thu 02-Jan-14 21:16:46

Sorry yes I mean Dorien. All these years I've called her Doreen :blush:

PixieFairy Thu 02-Jan-14 21:19:42

And I mean Bruffin not boffin. OMG what's the matter with my typing today! blush

makingdoo Thu 02-Jan-14 21:21:00

I liked it but didn't love it. I will keep watching though.

Not to derail but does anyone remember a show with Lisa tarbuck I think it was Birdwatching but DH said I am imagining it!

There was a programme called watching. Lisa Tarbuck was the main characters sister.

I'm glad I read this thread, I wasn't sure whether to watch tonight or not. I sky + incase but DH not keen. I'll give it a go though.

onedev Thu 02-Jan-14 21:30:23

Haven't watched BOAF yet but have it recorded so will do.

I loved Birdwatching!

onedev Thu 02-Jan-14 21:57:31

Just watched some clips of watching on YouTube - loved it! Thanks for the reminder. grin

theliverpoolone Thu 02-Jan-14 22:21:23

I was looking forward to this, but was a bit disappointed. They just seemed to shout everything at each other all the time, it got on my nerves in the end.

Ihavemyownname Thu 02-Jan-14 22:29:01

I really enjoyed it but I love birds of a feather

Lighthousekeeping Thu 02-Jan-14 22:30:56

Crips I think Tracy's flat is around the corner from me. That place where they always film the gang scenes in Eastenders.

SapphireMoon Fri 03-Jan-14 11:39:05

The little girls in the credits...is it really them?!
Wonderful likeness if not.

The photos in the credits at the start are them. They've known each other since primary school. The two little girls running around in the park aren't them, just a good likeness smile

loveliesbleeding1 Fri 03-Jan-14 19:12:19

I think the little girls running around are their daughters in real life.Though I am prob totally wronggrin

DameEdnasBridesmaid Fri 03-Jan-14 19:51:40

Just watching it now. Bloody el, Lesley Joseph looks well.

I've already laughed out loud, which us amazing in these days of shite TV.

Chipstick10 Fri 03-Jan-14 20:14:50

It was like a party political broadcast for the Labour Party. It was dire.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now