The Bridge is back!!

(728 Posts)
getdownshep Fri 20-Dec-13 15:11:42

The Bridge is back on Saturday 4th January on BBC 4!
Only for a double bill thoughsad but better than nothing.

mousmous Fri 31-Jan-14 12:10:39

can you make up a fake weather report with road closures so that she can't come?

the shit weather might even play into your hands.

mousmous Fri 31-Jan-14 12:13:57

I will chase the dc round the park, no matter the weather so that they are properly tired at bedtime.
andi will make an attempt at 'kanelbüllar' (cinnamon swirls to you and me) to celebrate in keeping with the skandi scheme.

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Fri 31-Jan-14 13:08:39

Saw the breakfast show interview, they obviously get on well. If he were a scene stealing egotistical person he could easily diminish her role, especially since he and the director were both Danish and she felt a bit at sea initially.

mrsjavierbardem Fri 31-Jan-14 13:23:49

He really admires her. She is what makes him great and vice versa, it's a lovely double act on and off screen. I totally love them

mrsjavier I think he adores and is in awe of her, but as a precocious and precious little sister, whom no one else understands or appreciates. He'd adopt her if he could. I think that's why he shuts her down every time she talks about willies - just too ick!

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Fri 31-Jan-14 13:38:49

I'd shut down a work colleague who talked about willies, especially one who had slept with my son!

themessyapron Fri 31-Jan-14 13:40:04

Suzanne and that bloke were shit interviewers weren't they? I don't watch them usually so it could be that they're always like that, but Suzanne seemed almost rude!

Saga was sooooo different! Almost couldn't believe it was the same woman.

mrsjavierbardem Fri 31-Jan-14 14:29:34

They didn't realise that they were not worthy to shambolically lob poor 'closed' questions at them! They should have knelt and scattered petals at saga/wosshername's pretty boots!

I can't bear the way Susannah sort of lounges awkwardly about really badly dressed, too much fake tanned leg at that time of day and sort of gurning sloppily at the camera yuck, sitting next to Saga made her look like a turd with a bit of glitter on it!
Gratuitous misogyny: yes! But I can't bear that breakfast Harpy!

areyoutheregoditsmemargaret Fri 31-Jan-14 15:59:28

My mum is staying and has offered to babysit "so I can watch The Bridge without margaret interrupting."

Torn between unprecedented chance of night out versus agony of having to wait until at least Tuesday to catch up (can't Sun or Mon)

mrsjavierbardem Fri 31-Jan-14 21:31:50

Radio 4 tonight 'Saga and Martin' were interviewed by on Front Row after 7.15, should be on the inlayer.
The questions were so much better and my dd talked all over so I will have to listen again.
'Martin' sounds like a lovely loon!

mrsjavierbardem Fri 31-Jan-14 21:32:08

iplayer

mrsjavierbardem Fri 31-Jan-14 21:50:09

Interview with Kim Bodnia in the Guardian here

themessyapron Sat 01-Feb-14 12:14:54

Been told not to read that interview as apparently it contains something that's a bit too close to a spoiler...

diddl Sat 01-Feb-14 12:44:15

I'm going to have to have "skumfidus(er)" whilst watching tonight!!

ouryve Sat 01-Feb-14 16:45:34

I shall have to check out all these interviews tomorrow, after I've seen the finale.

Have my "free" M&S wine all ready for refreshments.

Allice Sat 01-Feb-14 17:08:49

I am so excited about the finale, but will really miss it. Roll on number 3!

LaVolcan Sat 01-Feb-14 18:32:58

Danish pastries and Carlsberg at the ready here!

merlincat Sat 01-Feb-14 19:03:18

Idea from Dd2; could Martin be poisoning Jens? It would be a 'shameful' act (to quote the Guardian interview ) and certainly not an action that Saga would approve of.

If this has all been suggested before I shall slink off in an embarrassed fashion.

ImperialBlether Sat 01-Feb-14 19:45:58

Ooooooooooooooh hadn't thought of Martin poisoning Jens! Last week he really wasn't well, was he? And Jens - well, I thought he would commit suicide, but maybe if he's being poisoned he knows he is and feels it's a just punishment? Every time he visits he brings him food and drink, doesn't he?

On the other hand, would Saga judge too much?

I wonder whether something will come up about Saga's sister - Martin read the records, didn't he? Will there be more there than has already happened - she's twigged he knows about her mother and Munchausen's, hasn't she?

ImperialBlether Sat 01-Feb-14 19:48:23

By the way, has anyone thought Saga would be great at being a Weight Watchers leader?

"So, you know you are overweight? You know you eat too much chocolate? You know chocolate is high in calories?" Zooms in so her eyes are an inch away from your own. "Why do you do it? Why? Why?"

lilibet Sat 01-Feb-14 19:54:07

I've made sweet potato gumbo and cornbread but now i can't help thinking it should be soused herring

I'm actually a bit nervous confused

merlincat Sat 01-Feb-14 19:54:09

I reckon that Saga would be appalled; she has a fine moral compass that girl.

ImperialBlether Sat 01-Feb-14 20:13:30

True, she has. I love her and will really miss this series.

LemongrassGinger Sat 01-Feb-14 20:25:51

getting the children out of my way, making the lighting moody, can of gordon's in the freezer for 10 minutes :D nearly ready

LemongrassGinger Sat 01-Feb-14 20:31:52

What is skumfidus? On a clip somebody linked to on another thread, Kim Bodnia didn't know what it was either!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now