The Bridge is back!!

(728 Posts)
getdownshep Fri 20-Dec-13 15:11:42

The Bridge is back on Saturday 4th January on BBC 4!
Only for a double bill thoughsad but better than nothing.

Trying to decide which to watch and which to record as Hinterland is on at the same time. I can go for ages without watching TV, suddenly there are 2 hings at the same time!

mousmous Sat 04-Jan-14 21:00:05

sits down with some 'turkisch pepper'

lurkingaround Sat 04-Jan-14 21:04:40

Ooh that lovely theme song. Hola everyone. All comfy?

mousmous Sat 04-Jan-14 21:59:53

wow, what a start!
I lova saga, such a strong character.

lurkingaround Sat 04-Jan-14 22:01:03

So what did you think of part one? I think it's looking good. Saga is herself or even a bit exagerated. Jeez part 2 starting already. Short break.

lurkingaround Sat 04-Jan-14 22:02:12

She's great. They're good at introducing characters aren't they?

mousmous Sat 04-Jan-14 22:43:43

intersting angle with the posh girl.

lurkingaround Sat 04-Jan-14 23:01:05

Good, ja?

lurkingaround Sat 04-Jan-14 23:04:02

I wonder what they're going to do with the truck?
Mad mads is a but pschopathic, as is the girl with the big earring. The guy who owns the Foxburg boat ship must be involved.

squoosh Sat 04-Jan-14 23:04:09

I think they're overdoing the Saga Has Autism Don't You Know? side of things a tad.

lurkingaround Sat 04-Jan-14 23:06:48

Yes I agree, she's a bit exaggerated, her character, that is. Otherwise it's good. Loving the storyline. V good telly. I expect they'll moderate her character over a few episodes. I hope they do.

CyberMenStrual Sat 04-Jan-14 23:19:25

Martin's gone very grey hasn't he? And I was pleased to see Saga's boss still there - towards the end of series 1 he was going to relocate, ad I seem to recall that Saga was visibly upset.

CyberMenStrual Sat 04-Jan-14 23:23:06

Parts of the plot seem very similar to series 1 - eco terrorism vs social awareness, and the killing mechanisms being linked to the message (food miles / destruction of habitat / homeless people and child labour in series 1). Could face-changing Jens have set this up (unlikely, but if I am right I deserve a mahoosive thankscake for calling it so early!)

getdownshep Sat 04-Jan-14 23:24:39

Loved it. Liked the way they concentrated on Saga's relationship this time.
Did anyone else notice the picture of the woman on the desk of the posh girls employer?
The camera sort of fixed on it, it was either the new police woman or the "nasty" gang woman.
They have a similar hair style so I couldn't tell which one it was. Maybe he's posting the videos on line?
Can't wait until next Saturdaygrin

MummyUmizoomi Sat 04-Jan-14 23:31:17

Brilliantly gripping! I hate it when its not the box set and you cant just watch one more before bed. (Grumpy emotion)

ThistledownAndCobweb Sat 04-Jan-14 23:33:48

I thought the picture on the desk was the nasty gang woman.

DH thinks the new policewoman has designs on Martin

getdownshep Sat 04-Jan-14 23:41:37

Yes thistle I agree with your dh.
When Martin walked into the office to meet them she definitely perked up then wrangled a lift off of him later on.
So nasty gang woman and IT man are an item.
Also when Martin knew he might have been in contact with the plague virus, I though he was going to go back into the prison to cough on Jens!

CyberMenStrual Sat 04-Jan-14 23:41:47

I'm pretty sure the pic was nasty gang-girl - she was sporting the same dangly earrings.

LucyLasticBand Sun 05-Jan-14 07:46:46

i saw this for the first time, as i tend to miss these swedish things and then regret it.
she is meant to ahve aspergers i read. she was going a little bit OTT in that respect.
but i enjoyed it and forgot i was usign subtitles.
and martin is fanciable isnt he?

lurkingaround Sun 05-Jan-14 09:03:15

Oh yes the policewoman def fancies Martin. And bless him but he will prob have it off with her because he just has no willpower.

And I couldn't figure out who the photo on the mployers desk was either.
But surely the boat ship owner has something to do with this.

Isn't is great to have this for January. I rarely watch anything on tv, amend am v loathe to 'commit' to a series hmm but I love this!

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 05-Jan-14 10:57:25

Managed to stay awake and watch both episodes. Yay!

fussychica Sun 05-Jan-14 11:09:41

Totally brill. Have missed Saga & co. Won't miss Borgen sooo much now this is back.

Sunnymeg Sun 05-Jan-14 14:34:36

We loved it! We also wondered if Saga has found her perfect man in Jakob and his job/obsession with comics. They could be peas in a pod!!

"Martin says Hi!". Brilliant writing as usual!!smile

lurkingaround Sun 05-Jan-14 14:40:21

Gosh I think Jakob is gorgeous. What a find for Saga. Should that not be Såga? Anyone?

lurkingaround Sun 05-Jan-14 14:42:12

Well I just wiki-ed it. And no, såga means to saw. It's just I thought the pronunciation 'aw' was å. Jeez I'm up myself, I know no swedish.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now