Omg SHERLOCK is back on New Year's Day

(294 Posts)
Sneezecakesmum Sat 14-Dec-13 18:00:35

How did he survive jumping of that building? How did he get all that blood back inside him? How did he survive being dead?! shock

LumpySpacePrincessOhMyGlob Mon 13-Jan-14 07:53:02

I need to watch it again!!!!! Do you think Moriarty is going to turn out to be Sherls brother?

It's getting like revemge. grin

loisismyhero Mon 13-Jan-14 08:45:15

Brilliant stuff!! I plan on watching it again tonight!

I was shouting "no no no!" at the tv when Janine appeared but she was a great red herring. I loved the scenes between Sherlock and Mycroft. I loved Christmas at the Holmes house. Great plot. Great baddie. And I just screamed with joy when Moriarty appeared at the end. Series 3 has redeemed itself.

firesidechat Mon 13-Jan-14 08:51:00

Did I hear a throw away line in a conversation between Sherlock and Mycroft about there having been 3 of them? I may have misunderstood though. They pack so much in so quickly that it's easy to miss.

I think I need to watch it again.

Sneezecakesmum Mon 13-Jan-14 11:04:18

LOVED IT. LOVED IT. LOVED IT, thanks

Yes what was that about '3 of us!'?

Can't wait for next series grin

lljkk Mon 13-Jan-14 11:34:32

I didn't hear 3 of them line! I always have to watch twice to catch all the lines.
But I did hear Mycroft dismissing family ties when he commented about how he dealt with "the other one", twittersphere is full of speculation about that line.

Knowing Moffat the throwaway line about "the other one" will result in a perfectly normal (ie non-genius/sociopath) bloke appearing as the black sheep of the family grin

LondonMother Mon 13-Jan-14 17:50:24

This is good fun. It's said here that Sherlock has five pressure points repeated over and over again:

John Watson, Jim Moriarty, Irene Adler, The Hounds of the Bakerville [sic], Redbeard.

Redbeard was his dog when he was a child, as we saw last night. Am I being thick or forgetful, or have we never heard about the Hounds of the Bakerville?

LondonMother Mon 13-Jan-14 17:54:14

Right, as you were. Digital Spy has a typo, and it was the normal spelling. groggi.tumblr.com/post/73216756375/sherlocks-pressure-pointsHere's the actual list.

LondonMother Mon 13-Jan-14 17:55:35

DS has also missed out opium from the list of pressure points.

Will now stop wittering about Sherlock and feed my family!

Sneezecakesmum Mon 13-Jan-14 19:13:36

Do you think that 'three' reference could possibly be that moriarty is a brother of Sherlock and mycroft?

Now that would be really weird. shock

QueenStromba Mon 13-Jan-14 19:44:06

I'm pretty sure that Janine is the real Moriarty and that "Moriarty" was her brother. They have a very similar accent and I see no reason why Janine would have an Irish accent unless it was relevant - how many Irish accents do you hear on UK TV? The scene in the hospital suggested that there would be repercussions for what he did to her. If she is Moriarty then she'd be perfectly able to insert herself into CAM's and Sherlocks affairs.

Think it was the Mail today who did an hilarious 'BBC full of liberal pinkos' rant about Sherlock, because the baddie was a media magnate. grin

phantomnamechanger Mon 13-Jan-14 22:58:23

ooh I like that theory queenstromba !

Lexilicious Tue 14-Jan-14 21:38:58

LOVE that theory. At the end of the credits he doesn't say "did you miss me?" but just Miss Me? Miss Moriarty.

We just watched it again with subtitles and pausing on the CAM info files. You get so much more...!

Sneezecakesmum Tue 14-Jan-14 21:41:30

I have to continually pause and rewind. Thank heavens for sky + it lets me rewind live tv. Those 'magic' glasses messages needed a lot of rewinding.

Irish accents hmm that has a strange logic! grin

KnockMeDown Tue 14-Jan-14 22:57:58

I do appreciate that I am way behind the lot of you, so haven't read the thread through. Have just watched the second episode, and it was absolutely fab! So clever! The way all the strands came together, and the whole thing was set in the wedding story, and the bit at the end with the "three of you"!

But so sad for Sherlock so on his own at the end sad

Now to watch ep 3!!

LumpySpacePrincessOhMyGlob Thu 16-Jan-14 16:42:58

Love your theory QueenStrombre. That would make them James and Janine Moriarty.

What if the other Holmes brother was the one who actually fell off the roof. We still don't know what really happened up there.

<Strokes chin in a serious and speculative manner>

QueenStromba Thu 16-Jan-14 18:54:27

Come to think of it, in the books Moriarty had two brothers and they were all called James. Janine is about as close a girl's name as you can get to James.

Sneezecakesmum Thu 16-Jan-14 19:02:09

Knockmedown. You will absolutely love it grin

James and Janine? Mmmmm. Possible!

Still don't know for sure what happened on the roof. confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now