X FACTOR- it's semi-final week- Beyonce versus Elton John

(721 Posts)
Raahh Sat 07-Dec-13 09:24:57

Well, not literally, obviously. No fighting in the ring, Voice-stylee (my money would be on Bouncy).

No- this week, our beloved acts are performing 2 songs- a Beyonce one, and an Elton on.

Here are the songs:

Luke Friend
Best Thing I Never Had
Something About The Way You Look Tonight

Nicholas McDonald
Halo
Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me

Rough Copy
Survivor
Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word

Sam Bailey
If I Were A Boy
Candle In The Wind

Whoever suggested 'Cnadle in the Wind' for ScrewLoose last week, wins the Internet. Congratulations. flowers

Rumours abound that Duff Copy will leave. I hope not.

I'm really sad no-one is doing 'Circle of Life'. In costume fsad

I'm off to the school Christmas fair late. I'm going to need a lot of wine.

Raahh Sat 07-Dec-13 09:26:42

'Cnadle' what's a cnadle??

I hope it is the original, and not the Diana version. Screwloose in heavy black eyeliner, looking sad, would put me off my tea.

southbank Sat 07-Dec-13 09:32:41

How do you know what songs they will be singing?!
I thought they kept it top secret?

southbank Sat 07-Dec-13 09:33:19

I think beyonce vs Elgin john sounds shocking!

southbank Sat 07-Dec-13 09:33:53

Elgin John?
Who the hell is Elgin John?!

SinisterBuggyMonth Sat 07-Dec-13 09:35:15

Beyoncé vs Elton? Obviously...

Shame no one opted for Naughty Girl and Saturday Nights allright for Flighting

Raahh Sat 07-Dec-13 10:01:00

No- it's never a secret. Most of the tv sites have the song list available from Friday. It can sometimes change, but very rarely. I like to be forewarned! grin

Oh I'll be sad if the Duffers go. I'm a bit bored of ScrewLoose and Wee Jimmy now, I'd be happy for either of them to go. The blimp has to stay because we're going to eat him for Christmas when he's proper fatted up.

30SecondsToVenus Sat 07-Dec-13 13:57:42

Elton John is my guilty pleasure so im looking forward to tonight

Raahh Sat 07-Dec-13 17:30:15

Badgers- definitely part of the fun now is seeing how bg Crood boy gets before he pops.

And he really did 'give it his all' in the sing off last weekgrin- Meh looked a bit smug and as if she had it in the bag. It's the first time I've cared at all about an X factor/Pop idol in years. Probably since Will and Garethfgrin

CalamitouslyWrong Sat 07-Dec-13 17:59:00

I knew loose screw would be singing candle in the fucking wind. I knew it.

It will be crap.

On the plus side, we won 4 items from 5 tickets at the tombola at the old folks home today (DS1 was helping out with scouts). A bottle of wine and loads of chocolate. grin

CalamitouslyWrong Sat 07-Dec-13 18:00:06

They didn't give crowd boy don't let the sun go down on me because he'll be roughly the size of a small planet by tonight. You mark my words.

Raahh Sat 07-Dec-13 18:13:02

We had 12 tickets for the bottle tombola. Won nothingsad. Not even the dodgy looking bottle of lemonade that was a dubious colour.

Raahh Sat 07-Dec-13 18:14:14

Calamitous it would have been a total eclipsegrin

I have two thoughts. One is that Bouncy vs Elton would be bloody BRILLIANT if it were really happening. The fight, I mean.
Second is that Screw Loose doing 'if I were a Boy' is cruel. Not as cruel as if Draggy Nanfucker did it, but still. Do we think they will have her in her uniform, as Bouncy was a cop in the vid?

YY to Kimbo of the Expanding Tum being entirely spherical tonight.

Raahh Sat 07-Dec-13 19:08:18

Oh no, not Screwloose in costume!grin

Wardrobe need to save their money to buy curtains for Crood's shirts. They will be asking for the public to send in donations of Aztec patterned fabric. There will be a nationwide shortage. But at least they don't have to pay out for socks.

I hope they bring back Joan for the final- they could do a Demis Rousos/ Nana Mouskouri duet.

I tink there's scope to do a 'Sing while you work' tie in with ol' Ginger beard Malone. Tesco Mary. HMP Screw Loose. Asda Chowmein.

I was flicking about on t'telly and came across USA XF. Noted pleather trews there too.

IamInvisible Sat 07-Dec-13 19:18:38

Elton and Gazza are doing a duet on t'Final.

Contestants from series past, including Rylan, are doing something on Final night too.

I properly hate Bazza. And I hate his half-baked Mumfords rip off.
We already had some chubby MC English boys attempting Bluegrass and wishing they were in the good ol' days and up a mountain drinking moonshine. We didn't need Bazza to make it MORE mainstream ffs.
And also he is a twat.

CalamitouslyWrong Sat 07-Dec-13 19:33:57

Oh should say, it's arbitraryUsername. I decided to rename myself in xfactor's honour. grin

CalamitouslyWrong Sat 07-Dec-13 19:35:20

Might have to pop round to Asda and buy some decent wine. The tombola wine is red and not really to my taste. I suspect it is bound for use in sauces.

IamInvisible Sat 07-Dec-13 19:41:05

Don't hold back Sue!grin

CalamitouslyWrong Sat 07-Dec-13 19:44:31

I kind of begrudgingly enjoy a bit of Mumford, despite agreeing totally with sue on what they are. Gary has no business copying that kind of nonsense.

Raahh Sat 07-Dec-13 19:46:58

I'm bored of Bazza.

It's time Howard turned up and took his kit off .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now