Doctors Addicts Anonymous - A Christmas Song

(1000 Posts)
MsNobodyAgain Fri 06-Dec-13 14:49:00

This is a thread for all lovers of the daytime soap 'Doctors', BBC1, 1.45pm. All welcome, newbies, regulars, lurkers. Let me entertain you with a festive song:

The 12 Days of Doctors Christmas
On the twelfth day of Christmas
My true love sent to me
Twelve Mandy's fretting
Eleven Chris's whinging
Ten Jimmi's washing
Nine Heston's scripting
Eight Barry's peering
Seven Daniel's flirting
Six Zara's glaring
Five paaaa-tients!
Four sad Robs
Three pies for Al
Two Karens
And a tabard in a pear tree

fsmile fsmile fsmile

The apostrophe police will have a field day with that one ^

(Private note to Kev: go on.....show me your baubles! fgrin)

There's so many cheesy good films on over Christmas it will be fine! I love Christmas TV smile

MsNobodyAgain Sun 08-Dec-13 21:56:36

I like the films. I get annoyed with celeb specials on game shows for charity. Boring!

I have not put the tree up yet as I am having some work done on the house on Thursday and it will get in the way. Modern houses don't exactly have room to manoeuvre.

<inches past chest of drawers close to the bed>

Mind you, changing lightbulbs and decorating is a doddle compared to a Victorian terrace.

Our tree went up yesterday and we decorated it today. Quite nervous considering our mad dogs! Makes me quite sad about not having my doggy here this Christmas, still miss her loads despite 2 crazies filling the dog shaped hole.

MsNobodyAgain Sun 08-Dec-13 22:49:14

flowers cinnamon. X

Not a pet keeper myself but I really felt for my DSis when she lost her Westie last year.

Weknowwhoyouare Mon 09-Dec-13 08:49:33

Our tree is in a cage this year to defend it against the wrecking machine AKA Ds. Dd3 is at the really excited and loving it but no idea of time scales stage so fun & frustrated at the same time.

Weknowwhoyouare Mon 09-Dec-13 08:55:51

Not watching today as we have Paediatrician for ds check up.

MsNobodyAgain Mon 09-Dec-13 11:02:53

Hope it goes ok. I may miss it. Depends how my latest battle with setting up DDs phone goes. I need to get it sorted for Christmas day and I am not very tech savvy.

WhoKnowsWhereTheMistletoes Mon 09-Dec-13 11:48:51

Our tree went up on Saturday, the cats haven't tried climbing it yet. It is a very dense real one and it's secured to a hook on the wall shelf behind it with string, we have also opted for entirely non-glass decorations this year just in case.

Not watching today, I have invited a friend for coffee (although she did admit to watching it once, maybe I could try?).

curlyclaz13 Mon 09-Dec-13 11:56:33

I might be watching as the British gas man is here ! Only a week late. Apparently it takes 30 minutes but we will see..I keep smelling gas when it's supposedly off.
Our tree is out of the cellar and in the box where I cleared a space for it. ...

Our cats just curl up under the tree and we've been lucky that ds1 couldn't move until his second Christmas and ds2 was only 3 months at his first Christmas and then both big enough to only sneak a little grab but not be pulling themselves up on the tree.

So far so good with the dogs, some days my sofa has moved half way across the living room so they do something when I'm not home! The dog that we lost in May I had got when my ex left me to keep me company and she had been through everything with me, moving dh in, 2 house moves, starting up my business and 2 children so was really hard. We have her on the window ledge at the moment but my mum keeps telling me its morbid and I should do something with her ashes but I can't throw her outside. Love the two we have now but we're still getting to know each other really and they're full on at times!

Hope all goes well with ds weknowwhoyouare.

Raahh Mon 09-Dec-13 13:47:46

Well, I'm here, and watching at the moment. But I'm not sure how long it will last.

Will the Gobby story be sorted before Christmas?

Raahh Mon 09-Dec-13 13:49:03

and Valerie needs to bugger off!

Raahh Mon 09-Dec-13 13:50:06

What has it got to do with Val whether the form is right- she's just the bloody secretary! What about confidentiality?

curlyclaz13 Mon 09-Dec-13 13:50:29

watching, ds is asleep and as I have conjunctivitis it's probably best not to go to baby group.
Nice to see gobbyplod back and reacting reasonably grin

Raahh Mon 09-Dec-13 13:54:17

Not surprised he is worried about Gobby staying with Algrin

Raahh Mon 09-Dec-13 13:58:31

Gobbyplod thought he was getting lucky then.

curlyclaz13 Mon 09-Dec-13 13:59:11

Poor Al ! she's going shopping isn't shegrin

curlyclaz13 Mon 09-Dec-13 13:59:47

Not helping gobbyplod.

curlyclaz13 Mon 09-Dec-13 14:04:52

Here we go !

curlyclaz13 Mon 09-Dec-13 14:08:13

I feel sorry for the girl, so much pressure to do well and be 'good'.

Gobbyplod was out of order to Al!

I have been watching since the start but ironing and watching on my phone so can't post too.

I do feel really sorry for Karen though, must be so hard for her.

She's just protecting herself, why is her mum so short sighted? I have friends who haven't had their girls vaccinated because they think it will mean their girls will jump into bed with the first boy who comes along angry

I think the girl is as focussed as her mum though.

AnneEyhtMeyer Mon 09-Dec-13 14:11:42

Today's side story is like a public information film. As if a doctor would do a home visit to persuade someone's mum to let their daughter have a vaccine.

Heston is funny.

AnneEyhtMeyer Mon 09-Dec-13 14:13:28

I feel sorry for Gobbyplod. It must be so hard for him to have his wife not even recognise him.

This is doctors, they do home visits for everything!!

TBFE had a horrible job!

This thread is not accepting new messages.