Doctor Who 50th (part 2)

(394 Posts)
LetZygonsbeZygons Mon 25-Nov-13 17:27:19

Yessss! we reached 10000 posts! I was in the middle of one when it came up it was not rreceiving any more!.

okay, can we carry on?

LetZygonsbeZygons Mon 25-Nov-13 19:48:18

Merry Christmas! Bah humbug more like if \that happens.

Like I say, only rumours. LARGE pitcher of salt required I think.

SoupDragon Mon 25-Nov-13 19:59:26

Doesn't quite have the same hopeful element when it's on the battlefields of Trenzalore and he's about to die in an unwinnable battle...

Except there is a new doctor...

AnAdventureInCakeAndWine Mon 25-Nov-13 20:02:10

And Peter Capaldi definitely has two legs. I counted very carefully, and then I double-checked.

grin I don't think the new direction of the show will be a one-legged Doctor, somehow...

The hopeful element is the new set of regenerations that Capaldi is clearly going to get. I'm just a bit glum about Smith's Doctor really being put through it before it all happens.

LetZygonsbeZygons Mon 25-Nov-13 20:10:52

just read what you said about tennants regeneration on the yonderland thread, paul. yes I felt the same, they really dragged it out didn't they?

I wish some of the old companions would appear sometimes, like Jamie, Susan, Jo,

and I wish cbbc would carry on the sarah JAne adventures maybe with Jo or something like that.

MavisKorvarian Mon 25-Nov-13 20:19:47

Aha, there you all are..... worried I'd lose you in a fast moving Active Convos mishap.

Anyway, have watched nothing Who related today, mainly as I was at work. However will be watching Day of the Doctor again at some point this week as my dcs. who are both big Whovians, were staying with their dad this weekend and had to go to bed just as it was starting shock. The irony is he's been known to keep them up late if he fancies a lie in so I'm really sad that they missed out on seeing it live.

Will make it up to them later in the week though.

Also sad that the [tardis] is no more..

MavisKorvarian Mon 25-Nov-13 20:24:30

Have read the Mirror article - sounds a bit suspect to me. And surely if DT2 counts as a regeneration rather than 10.5 then what does the DoctorDonna count as??

Bah, to the Mirror and it's 'show source' I say!

Well she counts the same as the same regeneration energy was used to create both her and DT2. It's not about, AFAIU, an actual number of regens, but the energy that's used in that regeneration - (Or not, as in the case of Ten's vanity regen)

TheDoctrineOfWho Mon 25-Nov-13 20:29:13

I'm here but am on such a high from DOTD that I don't want to think about any regeneration that isn't "this body's wearing a bit thin."

MavisKorvarian Mon 25-Nov-13 20:54:03

In fairness PaulMcGannsMistress I actually know bog all about most of the nitty gritty Doctor Who stuff so that seems entirely sensible about regen energy rather than number.

I can spout off to my 7 year old and he'll take me as gospel, but I can see I'm going to have to do more watching/reading for you guys.... ! grin

Oh ignore me, I make all this shit up as I go along (I am Moffat in disguise grin)

MavisKorvarian Mon 25-Nov-13 21:04:10

Ha ha, if I'd known that I'd have typed with much more conviction! So is all this knowledge and exposition just so you don't have to say 'magic door'? wink

or magic wand ;)

LetZygonsbeZygons Mon 25-Nov-13 21:06:30

Oh ignore me, I make all this shit up as I go along (I am Moffat in disguise grin

grin

Although it did only occur to me on a rewatch that the last scene in DOTD was a dream sequence. Duh.

brokenshoes Mon 25-Nov-13 22:04:17

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but was does everyone make of the "Silence will fall" in the Christmas special trailer? Looks as though that story arc is still going...

Moffat described The Silence as an enemy from the Doctor's future who have used time travel to try and get to him before he meets and defeats them. We don't know how far in the Doctor's future they are from.

cornflakegirl Mon 25-Nov-13 22:12:50

Dream sequence?

Just watched Five(ish) doctors and laughed out loud on multiple occasions grin

Also watched the first part of Tomb of the Cybermen (Troughton) earlier and laughed out loud several times at the really bad effects...

All the Doctors standing in a line with Hartnell in the background was a dream sequence. I think Matt's voiceover is the biggest clue.

cornflakegirl Mon 25-Nov-13 22:27:57

Oh, I thought that bit was just to look pretty!

senua Mon 25-Nov-13 22:31:56

Can someone explain John Hurt to me please because I am confused and not a Whovian. The official BBC DW50 website shows all the Doctors. JH isn't listed. What is/was he then?

AnAdventureInCakeAndWine Mon 25-Nov-13 22:40:21

Variously, you could consider him as

- a Doctor, but not included on the DW50 site because of spoilers, or

- not actually technically a Doctor, because of all that malarkey about "the universe doesn't need a Doctor, it needs a Warrior" when McGann was about to regenerate. But then the Moment said that he was the Doctor in his own head, and everyone else seemed to regard him as the Doctor.

senua Mon 25-Nov-13 23:08:04

but not included on the DW50 site because of spoilers

I can understand that, originally, but we've all seen it now so they can update the site. The fact that they haven't changed the list means ...?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now