Holby..dear me does anyone apart from me still watch it?? (spoiler re latest episode)

(200 Posts)
BananaNotPeelingWell Thu 21-Nov-13 19:38:43

I only do watch because dh is still hanging on in there with it. I've def watched it for too long though. I mean really! Chrissie must have seduced the entire hospital three times over by now. She never seems to be more than three feet away from at least two current conquests. What is it with Chrissie and men falling at her feet?confused And then there's the roof!! Is there a queue to jump off the roof? Most hosiptals or commercial buildings, it would be very difficult to get to the roof. Not on Holby. And people leaving. Off they go in a taxi or a bus. Loads and loads of them. No-one works out their notice. No-one seems even slightly perturbed about the implications financially of just literally walking out of a perfectly good job to go 'travelling'. I think they must really be going to the roof because they suddenly realise how crap it all is. Gah the whole thing is so ridiculous. And everyone collapses in the corridor or the toilets. Please bring back Connie. I liked Connie. I liked Hansson before he went all weird and started keeping a bird in his desk. It's just terrible nowadays. Jac's the only one I like and they've set her up with an unbelievable storyline. No way would she and that nurse chap have got together.

Headwallbanging Sat 23-Nov-13 09:14:16

Owlbegoing its coming to me.... He was the Christian Dr involved with Faye (Patsy Kensit)? Memory failing me sadsad

lostinteaching47 Sat 23-Nov-13 11:31:19

It was Anton Mayer/Meyer, the best consultant ever, and Campbell Gore the Scottish bloke.

youarewinning Sat 23-Nov-13 11:39:22

I watch it. Cannot fathom out why as the summaries here are spot on grin

I love Jac Naylor - she keeps the humour in it with her one liners.

Liverpool bandana man was Owen (Obs&Gynae) who was married to Chrissie, they had a baby daughter who died. Then Owen took up with Chrissies Mum.

The Obs&Gynae used to feature really heavily in the old episodes

Mubbs? (And yes, Chrissie had him one NYE)
Rosie the married MW he was obsessed with
And Lisa the MW who was in love with Mubbs?

Ed (can't remember his surname)
And the one that had the muscle/neurological problem.

Remember when Gobby from Doctors played a Staff Nurse , Jeremey Edwards was her DS and Tony from 'dinnerladies' her abusive DH.

And Jimmy from Doctors was a male nurse?

Sandy the nurse who died IRL so they sent her off to Australia after a mystery lottery win.

Loved Ade Edmonson

Can't abide Chantelle.
Or Donna who went off with the Agency Nurse/ TA soldier when he was injured.

But I did love Patsy Kensit.

Never watch it though

Oh the Dr who had the thing for Faye was Lyndon something.

And there was Sionhan Redmond in charge of Paeds and her DH Alistaire (another one Chrissie got off with) who was IIRC a NeuroSurgeon?

StickEmUpSideways Sat 23-Nov-13 13:46:06

I used to love holby. It's got very odd.
Hansen was amazing, I'm sad he's gone.

The caravan man was luc, and you know what, I used to DREAM about him.
Sexiest man alive!
Til I read irl he had a twitter rant at an ex and I thought - prick.

StickEmUpSideways Sat 23-Nov-13 13:49:56

Oh I hate digby. He's such a wet lettuce and not n an interesting way.

jeee Sat 23-Nov-13 14:06:35

Anton Meyer - no boring back story, no irritating teenage children clogging up his office. Just masterfully striding down the corridors, and demanding a scalpel for the next heart transplant.

<disappears in a wave of nostalgia>>

lostinteaching47 Sat 23-Nov-13 14:09:15

I couldn't remember Mubbs had to google him and came across this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Characters_of_Holby_City

It seems to have been on for ever!

diddl Sat 23-Nov-13 16:08:30

Haven't watched since the days of Anton Meyer & Alex Adams.

RevoltInParadise Sat 23-Nov-13 16:17:05

I love Holby blush

I think Jac is great and I quite like Mo too. Chantelle is annoying. As is chrissie. I think Michael is a pain in the arse twit.

They do need some better story lines though. And I wish Jac would get back with him.

I'm an extremely occasional viewer who keeps meaning to watch it more so I don't even know people's names. Who is the intensely irritating dim witted blonde nurse who came back from somewhere a couple of weeks back? I like Jac too. She's the only one whose name I know!

HalleLouja Sat 23-Nov-13 18:39:15

I loved Art Malik (who played Ric's friend the anaesthetist) and Jeremy Sheffield as Alex Adams they were both lovely. As was Ade.

Art Malik was Zubin & was fab!

Zubin and Rik were great together, until Zubin ran off with his best friend's daughter.

Lilliput Sat 23-Nov-13 22:15:29

I have watched it for years on and off and in that time have trained to become a midwife. All I see now when I watch it is unprofessional behaviour, lack of confidentiality and really poor hygiene standards but if if was true to NHS life the chat would be about what cakes were in the tea room, who was ordering what from the avon catalogue and what is better slimming world or weight watchers.

I love Jaq and Elliott. Used to love Zanib and Jeremy Sheffield and Luc Hemmingway and Anton Meyer. Holby is my guilty pleasure although worried that the staff turnover at the moment is watering it down.

FrauEnglischLehrerin Sun 24-Nov-13 08:11:58

Of course it's unrealistic, but that's part of the fun. DH is a hospital consultant and still watches it. Favourite bit of last episode was someone saying "I ordered an ultraound" and showing a CT scan to their colleague grin. Even I spotted that one!

I'm sure he's already been mentioned, but it hasn't gone click for me yet: who was the consultant who played golf all the time in the car park and was randomly friends with Maddie, the F1 who got stabbed in the toilets? The actor turned up very briefly in 24 season two-ish.

HarrietJonesPrimeMinister Mon 25-Nov-13 09:09:01

I like it because its so crap see also Doctors , casualty and Waterloo rd

I only started watching again in the last year maternity leave has a lot to account for but used to watch it many years ago when it was on Obs/paeds

LineRunner Mon 25-Nov-13 09:31:40

Oh God yes, Ade Edmondson and his pig organs.

watching tonight and robbie from taggart/ carl from corrie just breezed across the car park into holby to patronise serena

this will not end well grin

HarrietJonesPrimeMinister Tue 26-Nov-13 20:15:24

Watching tonight too. Bit WTF on heart ward

LineRunner Tue 26-Nov-13 20:27:16

I'll watch it later if I can't sleep.

HarrietJonesPrimeMinister Tue 26-Nov-13 20:49:17

Start to feel they are short of surgeons?

Lilliput Tue 26-Nov-13 20:54:24

Thank god mallik is going.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now