Dracula starts on Halloween, Sky Living

(48 Posts)

Anybody else going to watch? Jonathan Rhys Meyers is pretty good and will hopefully erase the 'what sweet music theyyy maaaiike' version of Dracula (even I like Gary Oldman).

ShipwreckedAndComatose Mon 28-Oct-13 19:25:18

Yeah, we're going to give this a bash!
Suddenly telly is getting good again!

SanctimoniousArse Mon 28-Oct-13 19:26:45

what night? Might give it a whirl

ShipwreckedAndComatose Mon 28-Oct-13 19:51:26

Thursday?? I think.

Yep, tomorrow night. Hope it's good!

Tonight's the night, although I may have to watch tomorrow as I've been up since 4am.

Piggychunk Thu 31-Oct-13 12:03:23

Yep can't wait I loved the Tudors with JRM in it so proper excited about this smile

ShipwreckedAndComatose Thu 31-Oct-13 12:17:07

Can he ever beat Gary Oldman?? Crap film but he was lush!

limitedperiodonly Thu 31-Oct-13 14:31:01

I'll be watching despite, or perhaps because Jonathan Rhys Meyers is such a bad actor grin

That trailer is really getting on my nerves.

Davros Thu 31-Oct-13 21:17:32

Argh! I missed it as I was out sodding trick or treating and forgot to record it. I'll have to look for a repeat. Hooray, just found +1

Junebugjr Thu 31-Oct-13 21:23:28

Am watching. I usually love JRM hamming it up, but his over plucked eyebrows are distracting me.

emblosion Thu 31-Oct-13 22:18:28

Heheh such tosh but I loved it, JRM is truly the king of hams. Mr Emblosion went to bed in disgust hdlf WU through grin

emblosion Thu 31-Oct-13 22:19:00

"half way" ahem

Allthreerolledintoone Thu 31-Oct-13 22:24:08

I am not sure if I liked it all not :-/

emblosion Thu 31-Oct-13 22:40:24

I know what you mean, I kind of felt like I shouldn't be enjoying it, but I did grin

idlevice Fri 01-Nov-13 07:34:12

I think the glass or three two of red wine helped to smooth over some of the cracks. JRM rocked the brocade waistcoat look.

ShipwreckedAndComatose Fri 01-Nov-13 08:51:37

Yes, I'll be watching again but am still deciding if I like it!

Davros Fri 01-Nov-13 18:51:01

DD has spotted my as-yet-unviewed recoding of Dracula and wants to watch it - not my intention! She is 10 but quite grown up and used to some "advanced" films e.g. Little Miss Sunshine, Hot Fuzz. But Dracula looks like it's quite sexy. How unsuitable is it?!

ShipwreckedAndComatose Fri 01-Nov-13 20:17:02

Well...you might want to avoid the roof fight scene and also the opera box scene! Oh, and the revival at the beginning...

10 would be perhaps too young!!

Davros Fri 01-Nov-13 20:30:27

As I suspected. I'll try yo get her to watch last wee'ks Atlantis. I've always lived the Dracula story and have a sift spot for Whitby because of it, although I've never been there. I know they take a lot if liberties with the story and JRM is vair hammy - lovely!

thewhitequeen Fri 01-Nov-13 22:12:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Monroe Fri 01-Nov-13 23:06:52

I've loved anything vampire related since I was a teenager. I agree Gary Oldman takes some beating in anything.

I watched and will also be watching again next week but I'm not quite sure yet. Hopefully it's a grower smile

It was sort of bad in a good way. They've taken liberties with a lot of Stoker stuff, but hey, if you ignore all that. It's enjoyably daft, or should that be daftly enjoyable? confused

CinammonGirl Mon 04-Nov-13 21:45:16

I was really disappointed with it and didn't even finish the first episode sad I love anything to do with vampires but it just didn't grab me. Was looking forward to it too!

Davros Mon 04-Nov-13 22:17:50

I enjoyed it but I hope it's got first-episode-itis and will get more gripping!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now