SCD 2013 #3: Three celebs down, who's next?

(972 Posts)
PolkadotsAndMoonbeams Netherlands Sun 27-Oct-13 14:02:56

Starting a new thread quickly before tonight's results show! We talk too much grin

Link to last thread

PolkadotsAndMoonbeams Netherlands Sun 10-Nov-13 19:17:13

You're right, I think we had this problem last time too.

<grabs loudspeaker>

ABANDON THREAD!

Find us over here smile

Maryz Cote D'Ivoire Sun 10-Nov-13 19:13:45

It might be easier just to move over now? Otherwise we will end up on both, won't we?

PolkadotsAndMoonbeams Netherlands Sun 10-Nov-13 19:08:38

Link to new thread.

We can keep this one running and re-post the link at the end, but it's there for when we need it smile

PolkadotsAndMoonbeams Netherlands Sun 10-Nov-13 19:04:21

I'll start a new thread now I think, we'll definitely fill this one tonight and it will be a pain to try and set it up halfway through the show.

Maryz Cote D'Ivoire Sun 10-Nov-13 17:58:06

I don't know whether he is looking for a job doing that, but I do think he would be good at it.

He seems to have a genuine sense of humour, and a genuine love of the entire show. Whereas some of the others are so focused on getting everything right, the fun seems to go out of it a bit.

But then, we only get quick snapshots of their personalities.

Of all the male pros, Robin is the one who I think is just a genuinely nice guy, with Brendan coming second.

I think Flavia is my favouite woman pro, from a personality/soh point of view.

And yes, I think Claudia/Tess could carry on with the presenting, but they need to do away with the stupid jokes on the autocue.

tablefor4 Sun 10-Nov-13 17:48:31

Ok. I think Brendan was a real task master in earlier series. In recent series (coinciding with meeting his wife I think) he's become a bit more chilled, although still focused. Alternatively, he's just being shown up by Cold Hard Lithuanian Women (tm Monk Seal)!

Does anyone else think that Brendan is half gunning for a presenting job in a while? Both this year and last he's made a big point about thanking crew and costume etc and congratulating other pros etc. generally being gracious.

Thoughts??

Horsemad Sun 10-Nov-13 17:22:01

Several viewers on Points of View complaining about people voting for 'people who can't dance & have no entertainment value' grin

ProphetOfDoom Sun 10-Nov-13 16:51:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FushandChups Sun 10-Nov-13 16:23:10

Caught up on all your posts and was sad to see mark had a bad week... Don't want him to leave yet sad Will be interesting to see who's in the bottom two though as so far, have been pretty surprised every week - even with Julian as i rather liked him!

Will be missing the results show (pesky kids needing to be clean and to have a decent sleep!) but will be back later.. presume we'll need a new thread - would the OP kindly link from here smile

ilovesooty Netherlands Sun 10-Nov-13 16:10:58

I don't see what would be wrong with Tess and Claudia doing it permanently.

ppeatfruit Sun 10-Nov-13 16:07:07

Oooh pm me Andi grin

Agree about Brendan Maryz compared with the 'scarily perfectionist Eastern Europeans" grin so true grin

Anton seems okay with Fiona he's bringing out the best in her but have to agree he's not presenter material. "he's worse than Bruce" YYYY he also thinks he's funny which is awful.

AndiMac Sun 10-Nov-13 15:23:52

I have doubts they'll actually use a dancer to present once Brucie finally goes. That's just the feeling I have.

For the first time this year, I took a peak at the spoilers, so I'm about to put on internet silence for this thread until later tonight!

ilovesooty Netherlands Sun 10-Nov-13 15:03:12

Not Anton. The day he presents will be the day I stop watching.

RedPencils Sun 10-Nov-13 14:39:04

Not keen in Jeanette, but that might be because she was with Julian.
I haven't really noticed Anya much, she seems nice though
Iveta is brilliant.

Minimammoth Sun 10-Nov-13 14:33:00

Thanks ppeat. I knew it didn't look quite right. John Barrowman. < old gimmer emoticon>

Maryz Cote D'Ivoire Sun 10-Nov-13 14:24:31

I didn't know her name either blush

I didn't much like Janette either, though I'm sure I'm being very unfair.

PolkadotsAndMoonbeams Netherlands Sun 10-Nov-13 14:22:59

Oh, I think she's a good choreographer and they work well together, but she's the one I'm most likely to forget!

I already liked Iveta, and Janette was so loud you had to pay attention to her but Anya hasn't really made much of an impression on me. I probably need to see them on ITT a bit more. I find Patrick a bit forgettable too.

mrsjay Sun 10-Nov-13 14:10:43

but*

pinkteddy Sun 10-Nov-13 14:10:39

Really polka dots? I think she is a fantastic choreographer, I've really enjoyed her routines for Patrick. There is a biog on each professional on the bbc strictly website and I think they did something on ITT for each of the newbies.

mrsjay Sun 10-Nov-13 14:10:32

No not really she is nice enough

PolkadotsAndMoonbeams Netherlands Sun 10-Nov-13 14:07:57

Anya. She hasn't really made much of an impression has she? Out of all the new dancers I feel I know very little about her.

mrsjay Sun 10-Nov-13 13:29:27

I think her dress got tangled or something it was a wardrobe malfunction she said i can never remember the dancers names

OodaresingingoftheDoctorDonna Sun 10-Nov-13 13:24:30

I thought she said it wasn't his fault hence the 10 but I'm not convinced.

Maryz Cote D'Ivoire Sun 10-Nov-13 13:22:50

Ian would be a great presenter, but probably wasted there.

Maryz Cote D'Ivoire Sun 10-Nov-13 13:22:25

I don't think so PTA. But I would be interested in a series that actually looked at the dances more - so there could be a dance a week (or two or three if one was too boring). The pros could do the dance together, with a bit of a commentary to explain the steps etc, then they do it with the celebs and we all know what we are looking at.

They could do the "easy" ones early on and progress.

If they did this for the first six weeks, weeded out the non-dancers, and then finish as normal.

Or even better have two weeks towards the end (where they have to do two dances) where one of the dances would be the same for all of them and we could compare accurately.

I know they would never do it, but I'd like it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now