Did anyone see Jools Holland?

(15 Posts)
Ohwhatwitcheryisthis Fri 25-Oct-13 23:53:21

And think how shite Paul McCartney was? I was still watching after the gawjuss Alex Turner and dear gods what a mess of a song. just because someone has reached the legendary stage didn't mean they are any good.

theliverpoolone Sat 26-Oct-13 00:21:37

Radio 2 keep playing tracks from a live concert he did the other week - it seriously makes my ears hurt, its so bad. Can't someone make him stop?!

out2lunch Sat 26-Oct-13 00:24:05

he he - I turn radio off when his new song comes on

ds is seeing the monkeys in London tonight

Lighthousekeeping Sat 26-Oct-13 00:26:24

I would love to see Article a Monkeys but would be scared I was the oldest swinger in town!

There's no love lost for Macca on here.

Lighthousekeeping Sat 26-Oct-13 00:26:47

Artic monkeys! Bloody iPad!

HeeHiles Sat 26-Oct-13 00:29:18

I turned over - don't get the Beatles? wtf is that about? cannot bear Macca!

Ohwhatwitcheryisthis Sat 26-Oct-13 08:42:13

Dh had to drive dd and her mini coven to see them in Newcastle. due to the crapness of ticket master he was sat alone. I couldn't go. angry according to dd they were fab dh Ok-high liaise indeed.

TheresAlwaysLegoInMyPocket Sun 27-Oct-13 01:15:08

I am going to see them in Paris in two weeks time, and I really don't give a shiny shit if I am the oldest swinger in town grin

out2lunch Sun 27-Oct-13 01:16:39

apparently they were brill. smile I have heard some of the music too - fab.

out2lunch Sun 27-Oct-13 01:17:27

enjoy paris lego

TheresAlwaysLegoInMyPocket Sun 27-Oct-13 01:26:30

I will do my best smile

AlexTurnersmicropone Fri 01-Nov-13 21:44:40

We were meant to see them in Birmingham last night but they cancelled last minute, so gutted, beyond gutted, they've rescheduled for 20th Nov though, I'm taking my 15 year old son, and I don't care what anyone thinks either LOL

Don't understand why they keep wheeling Paul McCartney out.

out2lunch Fri 01-Nov-13 23:03:05

I heard about the cancellation - gutted for you

Ohwhatwitcheryisthis Fri 01-Nov-13 23:29:12

me too, but I'd go like a shot. But of course is essential that he can play to the hordes in God's own city so he needs to rest his (luffly) larynx. wink wink

AlexTurnersmicropone Sat 02-Nov-13 07:38:05

It was actually our 15 year olds birthday treat and we booked it back in the summer, he was ecstatic about it and so excited, it was actually devastating to get there and find it cancelled.

I do have a dilemma now, because the rescheduled date is a school day/night, and we have to drive 4 hours to get there, stay in hotel and drive back the next day, I hate doing this but I was going to throw a sicky for him, but now I'm wondering if it would be best to be honest and upfront with the school, but then supposing they say no and then if we throw a sicky it will be obvious...he has 100% attendance apart from this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now