Breathless

(32 Posts)
kerstina Fri 11-Oct-13 12:40:14

Did anyone watch Breathless last night? I only caught it half way through but it seems like it could be quite promising.

DampDudes Sun 27-Oct-13 05:01:07

joanna page started filming this about 3 months after giving birth so I think there some baby weight contributing to her unrecognisable ness. hurrah for an actress who's not starving herself immediately post partum but still putting herself in the public eye. My Hero.

I too am totally living the dresses and Jack Davenport but then I've always had a thing for him. swoon.

NibbledByHaddock Sun 27-Oct-13 02:25:51

Stacey - I spent ages thinking, well I definitely know her from somewhere grin

out2lunch Sun 27-Oct-13 01:54:48

Stacey is lily - slightly frumpy wife with glasses

diddl Sat 26-Oct-13 15:39:03

I thought that too.

Then I watched Poirot & it was even more obvious!

Cheeks padded out somehow & no lines at all?

waikikamookau Sat 26-Oct-13 14:59:47

and sarah parrish looks completely odd shock

waikikamookau Sat 26-Oct-13 14:58:50

i don't understand the inspector and otto's wife, and what happened in Cyprus, have I missed something, are we meant to know, love watching this though, the clothes and things.
which one was Stacey? can't recgonise her,
the black sister, would there have been a black sister?

Pegfreak Fri 25-Oct-13 18:34:12

I've given up on it. For some reason I felt very uncomfortable with the 'weaknesses' if that's the right word of the characters. I didn't feel any warmth towards any of them.

Housemum Thu 24-Oct-13 23:28:36

Sigh, why do none of the doctors at our local hospital look like Jack Davenport...

BaconAndAvocado Mon 21-Oct-13 22:22:39

Loving this series, especially the clothes and interiors !

dollybird Mon 21-Oct-13 22:20:15

I think the inspector's son was killed in Cyprus and he blames Otto for it, but I don't know why. I'm still on the fence re this as I think the Dr's are all up themselves, but maybe that's what it was like then, all dr's are gods type thing. Love JD though - that's why I'm watching. Love him in Smash

Clawdy Sat 19-Oct-13 22:14:11

And WHY are they forcing her to get married?

bigTillyMint Sat 19-Oct-13 21:31:09

But what is he (inspector moustache) to do with Otto's wife? It seemed like he had something historical to do with her?confused

diddl Sat 19-Oct-13 18:40:56

I think that the Iain Glen character is the father.

Well, they have the same surname.

How long before he follows Otto & finds his daughter at the nurse's house?

londone17 Fri 18-Oct-13 21:21:48

I'm really enjoying it but finding it a bit confusing as things are hinted at but not revealed. Too many secrets.

Clawdy Fri 18-Oct-13 08:55:19

The confusing bit for me is the young girl hiding from her parents. As someone else said,is the Iain Glen character her father or is he helping her mother? And how can they force her to get married?Why would they be doing it?

out2lunch Fri 18-Oct-13 00:28:18

yy to Joanna page - she's unrecognisable
really enjoyed this ep

Sleepyhoglet Thu 17-Oct-13 22:46:39

Missed first episode but enjoying the second. It showcases some great actors and actresses like joanna page who plays Stacey in Gavin and Stacey. She looks so different in this! Also poppa Haywood who was crazy character in green wing, and then really dowdy nervous character in prisoners wives and now this. Really enjoys all the familiar faces!

diddl Thu 17-Oct-13 21:10:05

I enjoyed it!

It the son not Ottos but Enderby's??

eddiemairswife Sun 13-Oct-13 20:13:47

I think the dodgy moustache-man is played by Iain Glen who is in the cast list as Inspector Ronald Mulligan.

kerstina Sun 13-Oct-13 14:02:46

Yes I agree Jack Davenport made it worth watching he is such a good actor and I liked the character he was playing . Naughty but nice !

bigTillyMint Sun 13-Oct-13 12:46:39

I watched this on catchup last night. Was the dodgy-moustache-man the father of the girl who was ill in hosp or was he some sort of sleuth?

eat, why do you think Otto's wife is not his wife? I thought it was just a loveless relationshipconfused

The best bit was Jack Davenport<drool>

eatyourveg Sun 13-Oct-13 12:42:54

no-one got shot but there was a lingering camera shot on the gun and no-doubt Otto's wife who it seems isn't actually Otto's wife at all, will try and shoot him (Otto not the boy) at some point as she seems to dislike him rather a lot

TSSDNCOP Sun 13-Oct-13 12:08:47

Clawdy I was asking as I began to watch, got to the part with otto and his gun in the desk and could see a plot emerging where only child shoots self on birthday. So I stopped watching because I'm a wuss about stuff like that, and I knew someone on here would be able to tell me before I continued grin

Clawdy Sun 13-Oct-13 12:00:23

Was there a shooting??did I miss it?

TSSDNCOP Sun 13-Oct-13 00:23:20

Just answer me this: did the kid shoot himself with the gun from the desk?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now