About to download Game of thrones .....

(42 Posts)

What do I need to know? I know nothing, is that best?

It completely passed me by when it was on TV but the guys at work rave about it.

Sky on demand is where I got it from.

Yama Sat 12-Oct-13 21:18:16

Just asked dh and he said something like "torrent, so lots of people."

Makes no sense to me

foxy6 Sat 12-Oct-13 21:06:20

where did you download it from? ds wants to watch it

Yama Sat 12-Oct-13 20:41:13

Dh got his Gran into Game of Thrones. Then his Mum.

Worth it though, because MIL then gave us season 3. Not sure how she got it and we didn't ask.

Oh that's a shame. S 3 comes out on DVD in March. smile

Only s1&2 on on demand.

GeeinItLaldy Sat 12-Oct-13 20:18:37

Ooh , I've all 3 series on the Sky+ and the TV to myself. I may have myself a little GoT binge!

I've met Kit Harington (Jon Snow) in and out of costume. He's vair pretty but a little short for my liking.

I love the s1 finale, it's the best one so far IMO.
It might be an idea to space them out a bit, because you will have till March for a 4 to come out.

boobyooby Sat 12-Oct-13 16:57:33

GoT is possibly my number one ever series. We too arrived at the party a little late but it meant we could watch all three series back to back, infact we were both tired at work for about a month as we kept doing the "just watch one more" at bedtime.

S1 finale next

Will I get lock jaw?

Reality Sat 12-Oct-13 16:51:28

Hahahahah oh I can't WAIT until you hit s3.

shock < this is my face! Body count in the main characters is quite high!

cookielove Sat 12-Oct-13 15:50:05

Love love love GoT.

Jon Snow is so lovely!!

But I've read the books and oooh the stuff I know!!

sweetkitty Sat 12-Oct-13 15:15:37

We've just watched Series 1 well impressed going to start series 2 next grin

AndThatsWhatIThinkOfYou Sat 12-Oct-13 14:51:04

it's ace!!

Goooohhhlllllllllllddd!

Yama Sat 12-Oct-13 14:17:18

Dh and I love doing Tyrion impressions. Really extending and over pronouncing our worrrrdddsss.

It's like a game of spot the British actor you would never have tight would be in something like this!! Jerome Flynn! Of robson and Jerome! smile

Thanks Zebra. smile
Yes we binge watched it, got through series one and two really quickly.
We did the same with bb too. grin might have to start from the beginning with that.

Cooroo Fri 11-Oct-13 22:52:07

The books are great and add to the viewing. It would be lovely to binge watch it - we did that with Breaking Bad and it was extra absorbing but did make for some late nights!

Enjoy, there's some great stuff coming up.

Trills Fri 11-Oct-13 22:44:13

Luckily Rob and Jon will shortly be not in the same place at the same time, so you'll be able to know which is which like that.

Don't go reading online. It's much better if you don't know what's coming. When it was new to TV, it seemed as though everyone who had read the books was very good about not shouting all over the internet, so nobody would come across things unexpectedly.

ThatVikRinA22 Fri 11-Oct-13 22:34:15

I also envy you....I am having withdrawals. ...best thing in telly for ages.....I need the new season.....

BoulevardOfBrokenSleep Fri 11-Oct-13 22:28:17

We're just watching season 2 - still behind the times, but a bit less than you!
DH hasn't read the books and is really enjoying the series. To be fair, we have to stop about every ten minutes so I can explain who everyone is and who they are related to and/or trying to kill and/or marry... hmm

(If I remember, I will video his reaction to That Episode in season 3 grin)

ZebraZeebra Fri 11-Oct-13 22:21:24

Brilliant username though ^

Ah x post with lots of pp

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now