Extreme Couponing USA

(9 Posts)
JaxTellerIsAllMine Wed 09-Oct-13 09:30:46

Ive caught this a couple of times on TLC channel... it really makes me think that we are paying ridiculous money in the UK for items that USA can get for next to nothing via couponing.

Does this exist at all here? And if it does I want in!

JaxTellerIsAllMine Wed 09-Oct-13 11:42:13

come on telly people... tell me we CAN get shopping for free.

SavoyCabbage Wed 09-Oct-13 11:45:44

I live in Australia where stuff is three times the price as it is in the uk. Today I saw a 2013 calendar for 40% off. So it's all relative.

yeah but all they seem to get on coupons are hot dogs, sugary water and sweets!

apparently many stores in the US are stopping accepting coupons or restricting the usage, due to these greedy weirdos who buy 47,000 toothbrushes or whatever

I'd rather pay our prices than spend my days cutting up newspapers (piles of which they have usually stolen - you are only supposed to take one), while sitting in my front room that I've turned into a toilet roll warehouse!

JaxTellerIsAllMine Wed 09-Oct-13 20:59:26

savoy 2013 is nearly over, but you get the calendar if you think its a bargain. grin

paula loo roll, shower gel, nappies were all on todays show. I do agree its mostly tinned stuff, but if I was skint I'd eat whatever I could afford.

17leftfeet Wed 09-Oct-13 21:28:47

It does make me laugh when they say 'these 300 dog collars only cost me $30 dollars, that's a saving of 97%!'

No love, that's $30 spent on something you can't possibly ever use so $30 wasted

SavoyCabbage Thu 10-Oct-13 07:02:48

It's the best bargain you will see here!

17leftfeet Thu 10-Oct-13 07:14:29

I don't understand why they don't just sell half of it -half of it must go out of date before they get through it

wifey6 Thu 10-Oct-13 07:24:20

I love that show! I've noticed there is never any fruits/vegetables/fresh meats coupons (well not on any of the episodes I've watched).
I do find the 6,000 packets of noodles quite funny- why on earth!!??
I am a couponer & because I live in UK, it's definitely more controlled as many shops only except 1 coupon per item etc as in USA, it's very extreme & I can see why a lot of the stores are starting to limit coupons.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now