Quick Q from MNHQ - please help us!

(72 Posts)
TheOtherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 09-Oct-13 09:15:15

Hi all

Just a quick one - we're thinking of starting a TV club on MN - we'd pick a TV series to watch over the course of a few weeks and then have a thread running where you can come to talk about it. Think MN Book Club but for TV series.

Where we need your help is to come up with a name... what shall we call it? We're thinking along these lines:

MN Telly Club
MN Telly Addicts Club
MN TV Club

Can you tell we've run out of creative steam?! Please help us by either coming up with a different name or telling us which one of those you think works best.

Thanks in advance for your help
MNHQ

CormoranStrike Sat 09-Nov-13 08:50:04

MN Gogglebox Club.

limitedperiodonly Sun 03-Nov-13 12:56:32

Is the Apprentice soon? I can't watch and MN at the same time. I'm very impressed by the people who can. Especially Suepurblybilt

I'm looking forward to Matthew Wright on I'm A Celebrity.

hollyisalovelyname Sun 03-Nov-13 09:50:32

Doesn't Telly Addicts do that anyway? What's the point?

Maryz Sun 03-Nov-13 09:28:03

Probably Scone grin

Could you imagine a "sponsored" conversation about The Apprentice - there would be so many deletions.

SconeForAStroll Sat 02-Nov-13 18:48:09

<waves at telly bods>

Not long til The Apprentice again! Do you think BOF will have boffed any voice contestants this year? just can't be doing with X factor

Maryz Sat 02-Nov-13 18:44:12

What everyone else said.

I want to arse around, not have to be careful what I say.

Fiderer Wed 30-Oct-13 09:11:24

I agree with limited. If programme makers or TV bods want to know what we think all they have to do is read the threads.

A formal thread would have a different tone and imo be less informative for the makers/bods anyway.

limitedperiodonly Sat 26-Oct-13 14:43:59

I love Telly Addicts. No I wouldn't do this. You can use my comments, but I'm not going to make it that easy. I talk to like-minded people here, not programme makers for your benefit.

As regards bullying, I don't understand that comment.

I do know that scottishmummy made a complete tit of herself sneering at people on an Apprentice thread.

We're a happy band on Telly Addicts and fiercely loyal to each other.

RaisingthedeadArizona Fri 25-Oct-13 11:28:52

Not sure I see the point either. People start threads for programmes they're into - ie the X Factor, Bake Off, Emmerdale and various dramas. And anyone who is into those programmes gravitate towards those threads.

Hullygully Sat 19-Oct-13 17:06:48

How long would it take for the rallying cry of "BULLYING" to be heard?

Pagwatch Sat 19-Oct-13 09:28:28

Yes - I would think it could get a little 'sanitised'

Would they being doing any of the marvellous Gok Wan programmes?

[innocent face]

Hullygully Fri 18-Oct-13 22:08:48

<wishes she watched telly>

Trills Fri 18-Oct-13 21:41:12

With "official" involvement we'd still be as rude as we liked and then nobody would sponsor the threads after the first few.

SuePurblybilt Fri 18-Oct-13 19:55:43

I only 'do' the telly threads now and I wouldn't 'do' official ones. Apart from anything else, have you seen how quickly we fill threads with just our regulars? XF/Strickly/Prentice threads can regularly do over 1,000 on the day. If they're linked all over the shop and full of humourless NonRTFT-ers, they'll be too fast to follow and full in a flash.
Not for me, sorry (am sure that will entirely sway you grin)

Miopiccolotopolino Fri 18-Oct-13 19:42:51

Mntv smile

BOF Fri 18-Oct-13 19:39:46

He loved his Nan. And he was a bit creepy. We came up with a suggested album for him:

_Nanfucker - The Grey-test love of all, the album_

You Never Give Me Your Granny

Mo' Granny, Mo' problems <hip-op>

Don’t Let My Nan Go Down On Me, (she's still got her teeth in)

Try A Little Tena-ness

Nan, you feel like a woman

Gimme, gimme, gimme a Nan after midnight

Denture wish your girlfriend was hot like Nan

Stannah Stairway to Heaven

Don't Stand So Colostomy

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 18-Oct-13 19:19:35

A nan fucker??

Havnt been on xf

Is it anything like a COCKLODGER !!!!

BOF Fri 18-Oct-13 15:32:55

Oh, partly grin. But mainly the fairly merciless lambasting on the X Factor threads...I can't see a sponsored discussion of that tolerating a finalist being christened Nanfucker, can you? grin

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 18-Oct-13 10:31:49

Rude bof? You mean all the lusting and drooling we do over certain actors grin

JazzAnnNonMouse Fri 18-Oct-13 00:02:03

Would we still be able to be completely honest and occasionally rude or would it serve more as another marketing tool?

BOF Thu 17-Oct-13 23:16:09

We can be as irreverent as we like on threads here- I'd worry that with 'official' involvement, we'd lose that humour. Have you seen how rude we can be?

celestialbows Thu 17-Oct-13 21:43:16

I like someone else's 'square eyes' suggestions, it harks back to days of yore.

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 13-Oct-13 20:28:50

Also don't see the point as that what this section is for

So all the tv series I like ie true blood - bates moral - American horror - Eastenders - towie - etc etc then I just go on those threads anyway

If it is on tv then people watch it

Not like books where someone chooses and all read iyswim

Clawdy Sun 13-Oct-13 11:58:07

MN Tellyphiles

BurlyShassey Fri 11-Oct-13 19:11:09

MN TV club

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now