Quick Q from MNHQ - please help us!

(72 Posts)
TheOtherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 09-Oct-13 09:15:15

Hi all

Just a quick one - we're thinking of starting a TV club on MN - we'd pick a TV series to watch over the course of a few weeks and then have a thread running where you can come to talk about it. Think MN Book Club but for TV series.

Where we need your help is to come up with a name... what shall we call it? We're thinking along these lines:

MN Telly Club
MN Telly Addicts Club
MN TV Club

Can you tell we've run out of creative steam?! Please help us by either coming up with a different name or telling us which one of those you think works best.

Thanks in advance for your help
MNHQ

celestialbows Thu 17-Oct-13 21:43:16

I like someone else's 'square eyes' suggestions, it harks back to days of yore.

BOF Thu 17-Oct-13 23:16:09

We can be as irreverent as we like on threads here- I'd worry that with 'official' involvement, we'd lose that humour. Have you seen how rude we can be?

Would we still be able to be completely honest and occasionally rude or would it serve more as another marketing tool?

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 18-Oct-13 10:31:49

Rude bof? You mean all the lusting and drooling we do over certain actors grin

BOF Fri 18-Oct-13 15:32:55

Oh, partly grin. But mainly the fairly merciless lambasting on the X Factor threads...I can't see a sponsored discussion of that tolerating a finalist being christened Nanfucker, can you? grin

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 18-Oct-13 19:19:35

A nan fucker??

Havnt been on xf

Is it anything like a COCKLODGER !!!!

BOF Fri 18-Oct-13 19:39:46

He loved his Nan. And he was a bit creepy. We came up with a suggested album for him:

_Nanfucker - The Grey-test love of all, the album_

You Never Give Me Your Granny

Mo' Granny, Mo' problems <hip-op>

Don’t Let My Nan Go Down On Me, (she's still got her teeth in)

Try A Little Tena-ness

Nan, you feel like a woman

Gimme, gimme, gimme a Nan after midnight

Denture wish your girlfriend was hot like Nan

Stannah Stairway to Heaven

Don't Stand So Colostomy

Miopiccolotopolino Fri 18-Oct-13 19:42:51

Mntv smile

I only 'do' the telly threads now and I wouldn't 'do' official ones. Apart from anything else, have you seen how quickly we fill threads with just our regulars? XF/Strickly/Prentice threads can regularly do over 1,000 on the day. If they're linked all over the shop and full of humourless NonRTFT-ers, they'll be too fast to follow and full in a flash.
Not for me, sorry (am sure that will entirely sway you grin)

Trills Fri 18-Oct-13 21:41:12

With "official" involvement we'd still be as rude as we liked and then nobody would sponsor the threads after the first few.

Hullygully Fri 18-Oct-13 22:08:48

<wishes she watched telly>

Pagwatch Sat 19-Oct-13 09:28:28

Yes - I would think it could get a little 'sanitised'

Would they being doing any of the marvellous Gok Wan programmes?

[innocent face]

Hullygully Sat 19-Oct-13 17:06:48

How long would it take for the rallying cry of "BULLYING" to be heard?

RaisingthedeadArizona Fri 25-Oct-13 11:28:52

Not sure I see the point either. People start threads for programmes they're into - ie the X Factor, Bake Off, Emmerdale and various dramas. And anyone who is into those programmes gravitate towards those threads.

limitedperiodonly Sat 26-Oct-13 14:43:59

I love Telly Addicts. No I wouldn't do this. You can use my comments, but I'm not going to make it that easy. I talk to like-minded people here, not programme makers for your benefit.

As regards bullying, I don't understand that comment.

I do know that scottishmummy made a complete tit of herself sneering at people on an Apprentice thread.

We're a happy band on Telly Addicts and fiercely loyal to each other.

Fiderer Wed 30-Oct-13 09:11:24

I agree with limited. If programme makers or TV bods want to know what we think all they have to do is read the threads.

A formal thread would have a different tone and imo be less informative for the makers/bods anyway.

Maryz Sat 02-Nov-13 18:44:12

What everyone else said.

I want to arse around, not have to be careful what I say.

SconeForAStroll Sat 02-Nov-13 18:48:09

<waves at telly bods>

Not long til The Apprentice again! Do you think BOF will have boffed any voice contestants this year? just can't be doing with X factor

Maryz Sun 03-Nov-13 09:28:03

Probably Scone grin

Could you imagine a "sponsored" conversation about The Apprentice - there would be so many deletions.

hollyisalovelyname Sun 03-Nov-13 09:50:32

Doesn't Telly Addicts do that anyway? What's the point?

limitedperiodonly Sun 03-Nov-13 12:56:32

Is the Apprentice soon? I can't watch and MN at the same time. I'm very impressed by the people who can. Especially Suepurblybilt

I'm looking forward to Matthew Wright on I'm A Celebrity.

MN Gogglebox Club.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now