Quick Q from MNHQ - please help us!

(72 Posts)
TheOtherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 09-Oct-13 09:15:15

Hi all

Just a quick one - we're thinking of starting a TV club on MN - we'd pick a TV series to watch over the course of a few weeks and then have a thread running where you can come to talk about it. Think MN Book Club but for TV series.

Where we need your help is to come up with a name... what shall we call it? We're thinking along these lines:

MN Telly Club
MN Telly Addicts Club
MN TV Club

Can you tell we've run out of creative steam?! Please help us by either coming up with a different name or telling us which one of those you think works best.

Thanks in advance for your help

steppemum Wed 09-Oct-13 13:24:58

how is it any different from, say, the downton thread in tellyaddicts, which does exactly what you describe in the op?? confused

MissStrawberry Wed 09-Oct-13 13:28:06

I think this is trying to add something MN doesn't need.

Spottybra Wed 09-Oct-13 13:44:33

I have yet to watch a tv programme in full from beginning to end without interruptions or falling asleep.

I can however, read mn threads whilst grabbing a coffee when dd is asleep in between catching up on jobs.

I don't think you need it.

stealthsquiggle Wed 09-Oct-13 13:59:25

(yet) another vote for Watch With Mumsnet. Says all it needs to.

Watch With Mumsnet.

BinarySolo Wed 09-Oct-13 14:06:48

Watch with mumsnet is pure genius. Annoyed I didn't think of it as my suggestion was rubbish.

ilovexmastime Wed 09-Oct-13 14:18:42

Mumsnet Square Eyes.... to the tune of SpongeBob Squarepants...

DameDeepRedBetty Wed 09-Oct-13 17:00:47

Watch with Mumsnet is better than any of your own frankly dismal ideas!

MN couch potatoes

Watch with Mumsnet or Mumsnet Square eyes.

RhondaJean Wed 09-Oct-13 18:45:26

MN TV Talkshop?

Watch with mumsnet is great !

HeartsTrumpDiamonds Wed 09-Oct-13 20:32:51

WWMN gets my vote too.

Not that I'm likely to join.... kind of goes against my current failing campaign of getting my family to watch less TV grin

Trills Wed 09-Oct-13 22:11:41

Box set club?

Or would it be about things that were on the TV?

oldsilver Wed 09-Oct-13 22:43:57

MoNitor or MNitor

but like MNTV or Watch with Mumsnet.

Sorry, another one who doesn't see the point. It might even be annoying to posters have to decide whether they want to chat about,say, Mad Men in telly addicts or on the 'official' thread, or hop between the two....

But WWM if you must. smile

Solo Thu 10-Oct-13 00:10:03

Mumsnet Box Watchers (or Box Watchers Club).

MN Remote Controllers.

MN TurnOvers.

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 10-Oct-13 00:17:54

Agreed, Watch with Mumsnet is genius, txs HangingGardenofBabbysBum.

The idea is to choose and follow a series together much as book club works. We will simultaneously target channels/production companies who may well be able to do give aways/arrange webchats with the stars. As ever, we'll give it a go and if it's not popular/ folks would like it done differently we'll bin/adapt accordingly. Thanks all for the input.

Rockinhippy Thu 10-Oct-13 00:36:35

Rockinhippy Thu 10-Oct-13 00:37:40

Op, I missed that its ended. - I love watch with Mumsnet too smile

aristocat Thu 10-Oct-13 09:14:43

Yes MNTV smile

HangingGardenofBabbysBum Thu 10-Oct-13 17:25:44

<glides in, gathers long-stemmed roses strewn by footlights, curtseys elegantly, murmurs a few thoughtful words of thanks, leaves without tripping, swearing or soiling self>

BurlyShassey Fri 11-Oct-13 19:11:09

MN TV club

Clawdy Sun 13-Oct-13 11:58:07

MN Tellyphiles

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 13-Oct-13 20:28:50

Also don't see the point as that what this section is for

So all the tv series I like ie true blood - bates moral - American horror - Eastenders - towie - etc etc then I just go on those threads anyway

If it is on tv then people watch it

Not like books where someone chooses and all read iyswim

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now